Installing help!!!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay, my computer is set up weird. It's a 1 TB drive, but it's partitioned apparently: 100 gb for C drive and 800+ gb for drive D.

I've always installed everything in the C drive before but it won't fit there. but that's where all the program files are...
is it safe to move my daz/content/runtime folder over to D drive?or will that mess it all up and make daz unable to find things?
Should I uninstall Daz and reinstall it on the D drive? is that possible to do???

Ug I hate computers when they aren't set up the way I expect. :(

I may have wasted the last several hours of installing, not realizing that the c drive was so small.... bah.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

You should be able to move everything to the d drive and go into daz preferences and select the new location for content paths. Shouldn't be a problem.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Just remember to make sure the new content location ends up at the top of your preferences list, otherwise the /data/ folder will stay on your c: drive, grow and grow and grow, and eventually cork it up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

See here for updating the CMS with the new locations: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5639/