MISSING UPGRADE PATH! HOW CAN I UPGRADE PRO 7 to PRO 8???

longhairedartistlonghairedartist Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in Carrara Discussion

The website included this option before, I have a screen shot. It doesn't take this many months to fix a simple drop down menu item error.

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• longhairedartistlonghairedartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Check out the censorship in this "public" forum.
    You may not censor me, THAT is a CRIME. Moderation of unacceptably foul language or criminal and similarly deviant acts is what the law allows. Censoring already publicly accessible information in defiance of my rights is a crime and I will make note of it in other publicly accessible forums and continue to build a case to protect my rights.

censorship.png
    999 x 990 - 289K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Who censored you? Were you trying to run a poll, if so, have a look at the TOS.

edited December 1969

Who censored you? Were you trying to run a poll, if so, have a look at the TOS.

Careful what you say, this conversation is grounds for deletion! Actually the following TOS rule is expressly forbidden by law.

TOS 16.) Posts that appear to lead to debate on personal beliefs such as politics or religion will not be allowed. There are other forums for such discussions.

POINTS OF FACT
    1. THE LAW IS NOT A PERSONAL BELIEF.
    2. FREEDOM OF SPEECH CANNOT BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ANY AGREEMENT

The forum is made publicly accessible, no matter how private the company thinks it is. The TOS is merely a method of fooling people into thinking they have powers of restriction. They can kick me off the site and delete my profile if they want. But TOS means terms of service, which means they are agreeing to offer a service, one where I found access to tools and used them in a free manner, and that shall not ever infringe upon my rights. NO TERM OF YOUR SERVICE SHALL EVER INFRINGE MY RIGHTS.

Here is something a bit more moving about our rights from wiki:

Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948, states that:
    "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."[6]
    Today freedom of speech, or the freedom of expression, is recognized in international and regional human rights law. The right is enshrined in Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, Article 13 of the American Convention on Human Rights and Article 9 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights.[7] Based on John Milton's arguments, freedom of speech is understood as a multi-faceted right that includes not only the right to express, or disseminate, information and ideas, but three further distinct aspects:
    the right to seek information and ideas;
    the right to receive information and ideas;
    the right to impart information and ideas.[7]
    International, regional and national standards also recognize that freedom of speech, as the freedom of expression, includes any medium, be it orally, in written, in print, through the Internet or through art forms. This means that the protection of freedom of speech as a right includes not only the content, but also the means of expression.[7]

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

TOS clause 19

19.) Polls are only allowed in the forums if they are posted by 1) A DAZ 3D PA in Connection with a DAZ 3D product release or PA sponsored contest or 2) A forum member running a contest in the Art Studio Forum after receiving permission from the DAZ 3D Forum Team. (Please keep in mind there is a 12 Answer Limit)

Also you should check TOS clause 15
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

And so via TOS 19 the poll was removed yet it is still a violation of my right to free speech, I reserve this right and will not relinquish to a term of service my rights.

ANYWAY the point of this topic is where is the upgrade path that used to exist as per screen capture and how can this be resolved. The company sold me an upgrade path before so why is it not even on the website anymore. It's been months.

You guys need to stop getting off topic. Under rule 16 politics and religion is expressly not allowed. Don't worry there isn't such a thing as freedom of religion either, and I don't believe in God anyway.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

You don't have a right to freedom of speech on a private forums or businesses. It only applies to government entities

From the TOS
    "We reserve the right to remove any post we feel is in violation of these rules as well as any post we feel is not of specific interest to our core membership. Please note that as a private entity the DAZ 3D forums do not give a promise of freedom of speech."

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Get in touch with the company directly via email or phone. Members here can't really help you with pricing or the website, try going to the people who can.

edited December 1969

That's like saying I don't have freedom of speech just because I enter a store that has a skateboarding prohibited sign. Sure the store is privately owned, but I am walking freely in it.
    What do you have to say about the missing upgrade path? According to TOS rules you are off topic.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited October 2012

This thread is being locked because because participants will not refrain from political debate, and there has already been in depth discussion about this problem

Another thread on this topic. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3993/

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.