New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• edited December 1969

For the Red Carpet Evening Gown, if you use a curvier model or increase the Shrink X and Shrink Y settings (preferably with an animated drape), you can get a tighter fit up to the flare. Attached is an image of the gown on a fully figure. I increased the flare by pushing the internal pressure up to 10.00 for one drape and then decreased the pressure back to 5.00 for another to soften the drape a bit.

Thanks, that looks great

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Okay, cool. Do you have like an elasticity setting? Is there a good tutorial around for things such as this?

I'm sure there are, though I've never done an active search for them. I tend to just go by trial and error until I get the look that I want.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload04.php

These fabric setting presets are a good start.You can choose a stretchier type of fabric (each preset has the fabric name it's meant to emulate), for instance, to fit a slightly larger figure. Try playing with each preset and observe how it drapes and take note of what the settings are if you like a particular effect.

Post edited by ThespiSis on
    edited December 1969

And these are the reasons why I won't touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. 8-/

Not really. A couple of items require animated drape, but they're worth the extra effort. And, yes, if you want to try to make them do what they weren't really designed to do, they also require a bit of extra tweaking. On the whole, though, they aren't particularly difficult to use so long as you're using them on the figure they were designed for. I do extra work because I like to push what I can do with them and use non-standard figures/characters.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Make sure the version number of the Dynamic Clothing Control installer matches the version number of DS.

• edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:
    And these are the reasons why I won't touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. 8-/

Not really. A couple of items require animated drape, but they're worth the extra effort. And, yes, if you want to try to make them do what they weren't really designed to do, they also require a bit of extra tweaking. On the whole, though, they aren't particularly difficult to use so long as you're using them on the figure they were designed for. I do extra work because I like to push what I can do with them and use non-standard figures/characters.

I thought it was all a bit of a faff at first, but now I hardly use non-dynamic clothes at all; dynamics are generally far cheaper for the same quality (or free) and look better. I found animated drapes slow and difficult and often gave the wrong results (such as 'popping out" of low cut clothes). I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

siluria said:
    ThespiSis said:

I thought it was all a bit of a faff at first, but now I hardly use non-dynamic clothes at all; dynamics are generally far cheaper for the same quality (or free) and look better. I found animated drapes slow and difficult and often gave the wrong results (such as 'popping out" of low cut clothes). I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

With the 'cloth' settings and shaders like Fabricator, one shirt becomes 100...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

siluria said:
    I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

I've always done that in preference to running an animated drape. It does have limits, though, e.g. when putting a pretty dress on a werewolf. One method or the other usually works well enough, with enough tweaking.
  • edited October 2012

Post edited by Martin for OptiTex on
  • OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
    Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
    Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
    Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress

wonderful news - thank you

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for this.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much!
    :) :) :)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

YEAH!

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you Martin.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

Just passing-through and wanted to add my 'Thanks' for updating these outfits, and supporting (in my case) hobbyists! Vendor support might be a short-term cost, but in the end, it speaks volumes to your customers....:-)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

I had some luck using dynamics created for DS3 in DS4.0, but then I upgraded to DS4.5 and the older dynamics aren't loading visible objects-just the rigs. I know this isn't Martin's department, so this is more aimed at other users: has anyone encountered something similar?

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    I had some luck using dynamics created for DS3 in DS4.0, but then I upgraded to DS4.5 and the older dynamics aren't loading visible objects-just the rigs. I know this isn't Martin's department, so this is more aimed at other users: has anyone encountered something similar?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 upgrade installer causes this. Reset the dynamic clothes plugin and re-install it and everything should work fine again.

edited December 1969

OptiTex said:

Is there any chance you separated the pieces of the Belly Dancer costume so one could use individual pieces?

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:
    OptiTex said:

Is there any chance you separated the pieces of the Belly Dancer costume so one could use individual pieces? Sure I will do this in the new update.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

This might get me into trying dynamics again. I strictly use Genesis at this point and the workarounds to get V4 items to work was time consuming. I think I have the flared skirt so I may reset my download and see if it's working better now.

Either way thanks much, that's good news.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Can you post the version numbers for them? If the Gen 4 version has a different version from the Genesis version please indicate both.

I want to add them to the Genesis products thread that I maintain that indicates what the current version is for products.

OptiTex said:
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    ThespiSis said:
    OptiTex said:

Is there any chance you separated the pieces of the Belly Dancer costume so one could use individual pieces?

Sure I will do this in the new update.

oh man seriouslyl???? bought that initially when it came out and was so frustrated that it was all one piece that i returned it~~ if you separate it I may have to save up and buy it again but it wont be on sale anymore *sob*

Er, I mean, THATS AWESOME and thanks :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has already been asked -- this is a pretty long thread -- so apologies if I'm repeating something.

When you do the update for the dynamic kilt, would it be possible to both make it a bit longer and wider, or to toughen it somehow? One of the issues that I had, at least in using it with Genesis, is that it kept splitting up the front or the sides if the legs were apart.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Odaa said:

The DAZ Studio 4.5 upgrade installer causes this. Reset the dynamic clothes plugin and re-install it and everything should work fine again.

Thanks, I tried that and it didn't work at first but it turned out that I had installed the 4.5.0.something version of DS. When I installed the 4.5.1.6 version, the installer glitched but I did get it to finish and the dynamics started behaving again.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:

I think awesometastic is the adequate word ;-)

edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    SimonWM said:
    Odaa said:

Thanks, I tried that and it didn't work at first but it turned out that I had installed the 4.5.0.something version of DS. When I installed the 4.5.1.6 version, the installer glitched but I did get it to finish and the dynamics started behaving again.

Glad you could fix your problem.

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say a quick thank-you. I love these dynamic clothes, it was a big part of what attracted me to DAZ Studio in the first place. I have many commercial sets (as well as all the genesis compatible freebies) and I will will definitely purchase more as the genesis updated versions become available.

Thank-you again, and here is a render using one of your commercial sets (Dress Collection 2 - Sam) on Stephanie 5 :-)

pose39_Sam_Black.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 155K
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

In my experience Genesis works better when you don't uncheck any of its bodyparts from the Collide with list. just leave everuything selected and see if that fixes your problem. Also going from a T-pose to the actual pose in at least 15 frames with an animated drape works MUCH better than a single frame drape.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on