Genesis Clothing - Morphed to M4 and Exported as .CR2

ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72
edited October 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
I am using DS4.5
I was trying to export a Genesis Clothing to .CR2, after autofitting to a Genesis Figure using the M4 shape for Genesis.

My point was to use such piece of conforming clothing in Poser Pro 2012 SR3 with M4.

The problem I have is that,
even if the M4 Shape morph is correctly exported (along with all the other morphs in the clothing), the cloth won't conform properly to M4 in Poser:
it will stick somehow lower then it should... as if the Clothing Hip was too low

I followed this tutorial
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/saving_importing_and_exporting/tutorials/triax_figure_to_poser/start
but is seems to focus more on exporting a base figure, not a conforming clothing.
I didn't find any useful forum thread.

Any suggestion or tutorial is welcome.
Thank You!

Post edited by ironcheese on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Genesis and M4 are two different characters with different rigging, so this won't work. Chances are the exported clothing would have the base shape for genesis, not the M4 one.

The Genesis M4 shape is slightly smaller than the standard M4 as well. You would have to export the obj of the clothing and any morphs in DS, refit the base clothing object to M4, then re-rig it from scratch in Poser. You could also look at wardrobe wizard to see if that will convert the outfit to M4 once you transfer it, but that may be hit and miss.

• ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply, the solution I may go for is to export the Genesis figure as well, with the M4 shape/UV