Creating Medusa like hair in Carrara

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello. Im trying to animate a Medusa character and I created a simple snake. I have the model and a skeleton linked to the mesh with
an IK chain (so I have an IK Target object too).
My problem is that I don´t know how to duplicate this same group 10 or 12 times with his animation ( I dont want to animate 10 or 12 snakes, just want to use the same animation overlapped in time) and reposition every snake in the head to simulate the hair.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Fran Gonzalez

Welcome :)

There are a couple of ways to do that...

You can Save your "Animation group" into the "My Objects" area of your Carrara browser,. Then drag it back into your working scene to create a new figure,. do that as many times as you need, then place the animated figures where you need them.

You could use a Surface Replicator to create and distribute the objects (as instances) on the figures head.

You can also use an option /button within the "Surface Replicator" to (Create) which creates real "copies" of the replicated object, instead of instances.

When you "create" real instances,.. All the instances will be placed into a group called "replicator converted" (you can ungroup these if you want)
    Each instance will have the same NLA tracks and NLA clips as the original model.
    you can select each model, and go to the NLA options and adjust the speed of each animation clip so that there are some models moving faster or slower than the others.

Hope it helps :)

Also,... there's a Carrara discussion forum here, where you'll often get a faster answer to any Carrara issues.

• edited December 1969

Thank you . All your comments were useful.
    I used this forum because I'm nooby with Carrara. I'll post in the proper forum next time.
    Thanks again.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

You're welcome :)

the Carrara forum is used to beginner questions, so don't be afraid to ask questions there :)