Stephanie 5 has ARRIVED!

12346»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,739
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, ZamuelNow. With proper lights and the skin settings (like Interjection) she is really nice to render.

edited September 2012

A close up render of Stephanie 5 model with the Interjection materials applied to her.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/interjection-surface-injections-for-daz-studio
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4 Pro. Click the image to see it enlarged.

SP5model19pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 339K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited September 2012

well done artini

lovely render

Post edited by Thadeus72 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for the comments, thadeus72.

edited December 1969

Render of the Stephanie 5 using "UberEnvironment Kitchen" and one spot light.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

SP5std05pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 471K
    edited December 1969

very nice artini

love the expression

a render of s5 michelle with the lone wolf outfit and lantios light 2

s5_michelle_lone.jpg
    600 x 800 - 252K
    edited December 1969

Thanks, thadeus72. I have used one of the expressions from Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-emotions-for-daz-studio-4
    Your render is very nice.

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Thanks, thadeus72. I have used one of the expressions from Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-emotions-for-daz-studio-4
    Your render is very nice.

thanks artini !

• jakkujakku Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Shes great :)

I have one little problem though, if I just want to use Stephanie's body with another head, V5 for example, I put S5 head to -1 and V5 head to 1 and the last joint on the right thumb is all messed up. Why is that?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Jakku said:
    I have one little problem though, if I just want to use Stephanie's body with another head, V5 for example, I put S5 head to -1 and V5 head to 1 and the last joint on the right thumb is all messed up. Why is that?

That's an error and needs to go in a bug report. The problem seems to be related to the S5 head, put any degree of bend on the thumb and change the S5 head setting to any non-zero value and the deformation rapidly becomes obvious.

Having the S5 Head as the zero setting is itself anomalous, the normal setting would be to load it in with value set to 1, compare the S5 Body to see the difference.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Just stopping bye. I've been away for a long time and wanted to see what daz was up to.

Glad to see S5 figures and characters look very nice and realistic.

The two new characters reminded me of V3 ethnic morphs/skins.

Bravo, good job! Very realistic and professional looking.

• edited December 1969

Does she have any Carrara Skins? It would be nice to even have one designed for Genesis for Carrara....

Boojum

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Stephanie is nice and all, but I can never get really excited for another slightly different Caucasian female character. Maybe I just don't know all there is about Stephanie. What does she have that a v5 owner with some patience with morphs, can't mimic?

• edited December 1969

I always picture these old figure for Genesis releases to allow people to use their older morphed figures with the new Genesis. So Stephanie 5 for Genesis is really for someone who has used and liked the old Stephanie 3 figure but wants to be able to use the newer stuff that has come out for Genesis.

So you start by applying Stephanie 5 to genesis, then you tweak it to look like your existing character, and then you can apply the Genesis Clothing which will all auto fit.. saving you time and letting you use new products. The reason why I think this is because my old boojum the brown bunny figure was Hiro 3, more than a little morphed.

Boojum

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Well we've got legacy shapes for Steph 3 and Steph 4 for Genesis, already. My own take on it is that each of the new DAZ figures is adding another group of morph targets, and ways to combine them to the collection, rather than just one new shape. Or, in other words, rather than just giving us a new (dialable) character preset, it's giving us a new set of dials to build our own new characters from. Steph 5 comes with a base figure porportioned to be shorter, with three varying builds, and at least a couple of new faces. We didn't have those *particular* dials in our parameters tab before. Although we might have been able to get fairly close with the ones we did have.

Plus, it gives DAZ an excuse to roll out a new group of hairs, skins, outfits, and pose packs all at once.

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479
    edited October 2012

I've really enjoyed working with Stephanie 5, so much so that I'm finalizing a new pose set for her.

However the "Elite Michelle" texture she ships with has some major issues -- as you can see with the attached render (circled in red) there are strong artifacts (presumably from the bump map) at the shoulders. This error is even more visible in DAZ Studio renders, so I'm not sure how this made it through QC testing.... but a revised version of her textures needs to be released.

pose40_shoullder_error.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 168K
    Post edited by Half Life on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

wow she's STILL arriving?! xD