Shorts Don't Pose

mathmanmathman Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I have created a Genesis character, and added a jacket, shorts and shoes.

When I go to pose the character, the character, jacket and shoes all pose together. The shorts, however, do not.

I have tried a number of shorts on the character, and they all misbehave in the same way.

How can I fix this ?

thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Do you have a screen shot showing how they are misbehaving?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you right-click on the shorts and choose "Fit to", does it show them fitted to Genesis or to None?

• mathmanmathman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Screenshot

ShortsAdrift.jpg
    571 x 499 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Both Jacket and Shorts fit to Genesis. They are part of the same set (Magus).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited October 2012

mathman said:
    Both Jacket and Shorts fit to Genesis. They are part of the same set (Magus).

Yes, but it looks like the jacket is automatically being fit to Genesis, while the shorts are not. If you manually right-click on the shorts, are they fit to Genesis?

ETA: That is, the shorts are made to conform to the Genesis figure, but it looks like they aren't being conformed when you load them.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

As I said "Both Jacket and Shorts fit to Genesis".

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

This is what is is being talked about when Fit to is said.

The Magus Shorts should not load White. That looks like the imported object file.

Here is Magus loaded in mine.

Down2.jpg
    583 x 680 - 40K
    Image1.png
    371 x 651 - 36K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yes it is Fit ti Genesis in mine.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Can you give us a screenshot of the Parameters tab with the shorts selected? It might give us some indication of how your setup is different from what happens when we try to replicate it.

Example below, from a working scene.

parameters.png
    498 x 879 - 81K
    edited December 1969

Here it is

ShortsAdrift.jpg
    1035 x 659 - 144K
    ShortsAdrift.jpg
    1035 x 659 - 144K
    edited December 1969

Well ?

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

1. what version of DS are you using?

2. can you show a screen capture of the "scene" tab?

3. are you loading this from the "smart content" tab or by browsing the content library?

edited December 1969

1. 4.5.0.114 DAZ Studio Pro 64-bit
    2. See pic.
    3. Browsing the content library.

Scene.jpg
    434 x 212 - 15K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is something wrong with your install of these items. As has been pointed out, the shorts should load with a texture, yours are grey, amd they should also be conformed to Genesis.

Do you get any error messges of any kind when loading the Magus Shorts? Have you looked in the Log File, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File to see if there is any clue in there when the shorts are being loaded? What is the file extension of the Magus Shorts in the Content Library tab? is it Shorts.DUF, or something else?

I take it that you did install the Genesis Starter Essentials file, that is the installer that contains the content now, as it does not come with the main installer like it used to?

I think you should re-install the Genesis Starter Essentials, as it looks like something has got corrupted, or did not install properly. The installer should only re-install the files that it installed in the first place.

edited December 1969

That actually makes sense. I recently restored my "My Library" file from backup, as part of a process of reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling everything. Can you point me to the Genesis Starter Essentials file ?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It should be included as part of the download for 4.5.0.114, DAZ Studio Pro 64-bit, and you should have downloaded it as part of that purchase. If it is not still in your Available Downloads, you should reset it from your Itemised Order History.

The file is called 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.exe. it may be the 1.3 version for 4.5.0,.114, I'm not sure, but your downloads should reset the correct one.