Spyro and Jaderail Collaborative Projects

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've had some up and downs with my health for the last week or so. Today is a much better day and I think I'm on the mend and I do feel much better. So I got some more done today. Here are the M4 Smart Propped FBQuiver for the new set, the Bow has been done as well. And just for fun, a teaser, here is one of the Icon's for the Pose set for the Tribal Bow set.

V4.png
    91 x 91 - 17K
    Capture1.png
    356 x 498 - 126K
    Capture.png
    325 x 450 - 19K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

That is a fantastic icon!! Very well done, I cant wait to see the rest! :cheese: M4 is lookin great too!

I'm glad you're feeling better today :)

edited October 2012

Full test render of the V4 Tribal Bow pose. Any thoughts? I can still tweak things, also remember it is just the Upper body pose, the legs can be posed differently as well as the angle of the hips.

EDIT: Please advice on the hand gripping the bow. That is the one I plan to include as the Default hand pose.

Test-Render.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Well I have to say that's pretty darn spot on! Note I love the torso bend you've got going there, very nice. The hands are looking great too, and particularly the one grasping the bow.. It really looks like she's holding it! It can take ages to get that just right and I think you nailed it. :) I think the pose flows very well.

edited December 1969

Ok, I bout to begin UV mapping. Note, this is the last time for changes, as I cant edit the geometry after applying UV. I need to know if your happy with the scaling, which will become the default 100%, and also any last min alterations?

UD5_3.jpg
    1386 x 743 - 227K
    UD5_2.jpg
    1386 x 743 - 202K
    UD5_1.jpg
    770 x 673 - 165K
    SpearScaleing.jpg
    731 x 743 - 138K
    edited December 1969

Also, Ignore the purple stone, It wont be a prop, it was just the original flint made.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Also, Ignore the purple stone, It wont be a prop, it was just the original flint made.
    I think all that looks spot on. I'm one happy camper. This will move my project from thinking to the full setup stage.

P.S. To any lurkers. Please pop in and post comments. If you think things need work just say so. All this will be in on the web before long speak up so we know what you think.
    edited October 2012

Having an awful time UV mapping the bent shafts, largely because it is such high in poly count. They are a lot more time consuming, However, It may be possible to send the original straight ones to hexagon and create morphs to make them bent... I wont need to create additional UV's If it's done that way. Just means it will have to be done after I've completed the originals in daz. Perhaps an expansion maybe? At this stage, I'll finish UV mapping the straight ones and export it ready for textures. That way you'll have something to work with :)

The bent hilt on the knife will be easy enough top do... Just the bent spear with all the cord wrappings and stuff, It's all a bit much.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited October 2012

That's easy enough for me to add when needed. I know how to Bend and such in Hex. You go ahead and do what's good for you. Like you said this is for fun not money. If money was involved sure the hard road would be better. I'm just playing and having fun right now, you do the same.

I think we might be 98% alone in the thread. No pop in comments yet, only bigh so far. Maybe we are doing stuff right so others do not feel the need to speak up.

edited December 1969

LOL maybe so... But the studio forum has often got quiet moments. It's more so worse when you post a highly worked on render and no one says anything. But hey, we all cant be every where at once :) I've done the straight spear! Working on the knives now.

edited December 1969

I'm going to package up the Smart Prop set for the FGBow set after I eat. I'm cooking right now. You'll have it to add Icons to and test out later. What is your Current time? I would like to try to get my times set so I know when to expect you around.

Example: Most days I'm up online by 10am my time with off time from 9pm to 1am depending on the day of the week. I know you work but you surf on your phone. If you give me examples of your day and the current time for you I can keep that in mind as I get stuff done. It's 9:15PM for me at post.

edited December 1969

Right now it's 130pm 'Australian Eastern Standard Time'. Includes Sydney and Melbourne.

Lol yeah if work not to busy, especially Sundays usually I on iphone. I work nights, so my sleeping pattern varies considerably. Moday mornings after night shift I have been only goin to bed for a couple of hours so that I can adjust my sleeping pattern for the week. Thurs-Mon I am in night mode (~2pm-4am), lately I been on line pretty much all the time when at home.TV bores me, it all 'C' grade rubbish. Mon-Thurs I try to be a day walker best I can. :vampire: so that can range from ~10am - 1am.

What time zone are you? I'll ad a clock to my phone lol

edited October 2012

I'm in UTC - 06:00 US Central and Canada. Whats your UTC?

EDIT Nevermind Got it now.

edited December 1969

UTC +10:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

edited December 1969

Thank goodness I test everything before I send it to you. I just noticed that the Quiver does NOT smart prop to Genesis in a pp2 file. The Bow will but I can not get the Quiver to do it. It's to late to do now (need sleep) but I'll convert it to a DS Genesis Prop tomorrow (that means a Data Folder for all Spyro Genesis sets.) No biggie fast and easy. I'm just glad I caught that, just because it loads in the proper place does not mean it Parented. Lesson learned.

Good night.

edited December 1969

LOL yeah no worries, you know more about that than I do lol Talk soon man :)

edited December 1969

Quick update.

Completed UVW: 1x Spear, 3xKnives

Pending UVW: 1x Knife, 4x Separate Flints

edited December 1969

Okay, talked with some Poser Guru's, and DS folks. Not a clue why pp2 smart propping is not working. I'm going to just do all the Genesis Smart Props as DS4.5 files now. That will limit the Genesis users to the newest version of DS but it's all I can do.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I wanted to ask if the crooked implements were supposed to be that way. Then I read further and yep, they are. You guys are doing a good job.

Something about smart props flitted at the edge of my brain, but wouldn't land. If it ever comes back I'll let you know.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

They look good Spyro and Jaderail.

If they are anything like your bow and quiver I downloaded then people will be well pleased.:-)

edited December 1969

Thank you folks, and If I ever crack the issue in the pp2's or if I have to there will be a new set of Smart Prop files for Spyro's NEW FGBow set, done in the DS4.5 Format . The FGbow set has a bow a quiver and a arrow with it Wilmap. If you have not got it yet it's nice. Hint the Arrow will also work with the Tribal bow that is already up, the Smart Proping for V4 and Genesis for the Tribal bow is up as well.

Yep Anne, some of the items are made to have crooks in them, you can not always find that perfect thing when your living off the land. I'll be doing V4 M4 and Genesis Smart Props for the Primitive items as well. Just as soon as I get them and finish the FGbow set.

As long as Spyro makes Props I'll be right here adding what I can to the sets. Including Pose packs which are in the works for the Tribal bow right now.

edited October 2012

Quick update.

Completed UVW: 2x Spear, 4xKnives

Pending UVW: 4x Separate Flints

------------------------

I do however have a problem.

The 2nd spear, the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with it's smoothing. It's gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it.

SGError.jpg
    794 x 791 - 147K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited October 2012

Looks like the bend crosses a mat zone. So the mat is bent to reflect the under-laying distortion of the actual mesh. Or it could be the mesh is actually bent in that part of the item. If you just bent the first model I bet on #2. To follow the bend the wrap would have needed to be modeled after the bend was in the mesh. Then it would have followed the way you modeled it to go with the bend.

P.S. It will not matter, who want's to render the wrap handle so close it will matter anyway? I can see it happening if the bend was added after the wrap was modeled into the mesh. Next time you will know to bend the mesh (base) before you model in the details. I think that is what happened.

edited December 1969

Yeah, this one isn't a morph of the original one, its the original bent spear, I modeled alongside the straight one. I have no smoothing issues in Max, In fact I switched off smoothing so that Daz didn't want to double up smoothing... But Daz has just made it crazy anyway.

edited October 2012

Okay it must be just the way DS reads a mesh file. Your the modeler, I'm just a want to be in that area. I did chat with some DS and Poser folks and it is confirmed, pp2 files will not Smartparent (Smart Prop) to three of the genesis body bones. It might be that a PP2 exporter has not been written that understands the new bones in the Genesis figure. I was hoping the proper node name would work but I think it's got more to do with the nodes the exporter expects to see.

I'm doing DS4.5 data file versions as I type, still learning as I go. Done goofed up twice. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Will PP2 accept smart prop to chest alone? (I assume your problems have been only with the quiver)

edited December 1969

In regards to the Bent Spear, I'm thinking I'll just get rid of the problem area (the smoothing error cord wrapping) But first I'll try exporting Max smoothing groups... If it works, My creations are going to be MUCH more realistic in the future! Fingers Crossed :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Will PP2 accept smart prop to chest alone? (I assume your problems have been only with the quiver)
    It works 100% for V4 and M4 just not for Genesis. The quiver is ready for V4 and M4 but I'm forced to do Data files to get the Quiver to smart prop to genesis. I'm glad I know now, or I would have spent hours doing a Genesis pose file that none of the items parented when loaded. People mostly edit a pose to get it to be what they want, if the props stayed in place when they moved the pose it would really make what I'm doing useless, they could just do all the work on their own. I want the user to load the Pose then load the Smart propped item(s) and then just do what they want from that point. No extra steps, like needing to parent the props to the proper part of the figure. I want click, click, click, click and your ready to render or edit.
    edited December 1969

Oh I get it... Yeah that has been an issue with many Genesis products... You cant move them at all! I hate that lol Sure I want it to load up and parent to the area it's supposed to be, but soooo many times I've wanted to adjust it, and it doesn't let you.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oh I get it... Yeah that has been an issue with many Genesis products... You cant move them at all! I hate that lol Sure I want it to load up and parent to the area it's supposed to be, but soooo many times I've wanted to adjust it, and it doesn't let you.
    Okay, give me a example, I'm sure I know how to get past that. Just using DS no code needed. Some stuff just needs the Fit To added after a load, and stuff like that.