My renders thread

Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
edited May 2012 in Art Studio

I will post any renders I do here, feel free to look and critique or like or not. :)

First one is just called "Alleyway", interpret this image in anyway you wish, what has she done?, is she scared?, lost?, or done some thing really bad?. :D

Image removed by a moderator till resized...please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/#849

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Holly cow!!! they come out big hehehhehehe!

edited December 1969

Ok re-sized, its look a bit odd but ah well.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d50qa27 <-full size version.</p>

alley.jpg
    600 x 600 - 281K
    edited December 1969

WIP test render.

The armour is actually white but has turned out chrome due to a side affect of LUXrender, hair needs work as does the pose.
    Very low quality LUXrender for testing.

reality_scene.jpg
    600 x 776 - 322K
    edited December 1969

Sorted the pose, the swords need setting properly, poke through on the hair to sort too. coming along nicely i think.....

reality_scene.jpg
    600 x 776 - 328K
    edited December 1969

Finale image.

Who dares the Chrome Warrior?

Chrome_warrior.jpg
    600 x 776 - 226K
    edited June 2012

Victoria 4
    Amy elite
    Prompt fantasy
    Boudoir whispers

Not the best I have done but maybe some one will like it.

Sexy-red-small.jpg
    600 x 450 - 172K
    Post edited by Michael G on
  • MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited June 2012

Michael_G said:
    Ok re-sized, its look a bit odd but ah well.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d50qa27 <-full size version.</div>

I did a render that is similar to this, but I'm thinking your's looks better than mine. I was just looking at mine, and it doesn't seem to have the same depth that yours has. I may have to work on this, LOL! I'll show you my render when I figure out how to make it smaller. It's a little on the big side.

Post edited by Megarig on
    edited June 2012

And I like the girl in the metal outfit! Nice! And the girl on the lounger reminds me of one I did too, except I'm not sure I could show it here...

edited December 1969

Megarig said:
    And I like the girl in the metal outfit! Nice! And the girl on the lounger reminds me of one I did too, except I'm not sure I could show it here...

Use photoshop to drop the size down to 600x600 that's what i do, keep a copy of the original.

Thanks for the comments.

edited June 2012

Michael_G said:
    Megarig said:

Use photoshop to drop the size down to 600x600 that's what i do, keep a copy of the original.

Thanks for the comments.

I took it off, so as not to be rude. Sorry.

Edit= But, when I try to upload it (in a smaller size), I get a message that says the filetype I'm trying to use (.jpg) is not allowed. So I don't know...I guess I'll make my own thing for this stuff.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Hey Mike, your final chrome render is superb m8 :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

kylumi said:

Thanks Kylumi, im just experimenting with custom mirrored surfaces in LUX at the moment, fresh out of ideas as well.

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    kylumi said:

Thanks Kylumi, im just experimenting with custom mirrored surfaces in LUX at the moment, fresh out of ideas as well.

Boy, do I know that feeling :)

edited June 2012

Originally this was a test for figuring out custom mirrored surfaces in LUXrender, having achieved the mirror I wanted I couldn't get the pose I was after so i set about doing a portrait instead and this is the result.

After 19 and half hours and 4000 samples i decided to stop it as the image was not going to change much more than it had done.

Bruuna body morphs
    Amy elite textures
    Daiquiri dress with anna lee mats
    Sapphire fox hair with blonde mats

I set LUX with the Agfachrome rsx 200CD film response and set the mesh lights to aqua, this brought out the blonde in the hair really nice.

Hope my first portrait is ok, I used a black background to help light up her hair.

blonde_bombshell.jpg
    618 x 800 - 384K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mike that is great! I don't think they would let you play in the New User Portrait contest with work like this.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Mike that is great! I don't think they would let you play in the New User Portrait contest with work like this.

Hells bells!!! theres a contest? hehehehhe. Thanks Jeff.:-)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

There is something very appealing and real with her imperfections, especially around the lips. It adds to the realism. Well done.

edited December 1969

There is something very appealing and real with her imperfections, especially around the lips. It adds to the realism. Well done.

Thanks Firstbastion, I have my eye on your Walk across water scene :D

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Originally this was a test for figuring out custom mirrored surfaces in LUXrender, having achieved the mirror I wanted I couldn't get the pose I was after so i set about doing a portrait instead and this is the result.

After 19 and half hours and 4000 samples i decided to stop it as the image was not going to change much more than it had done.

Bruuna body morphs
    Amy elite textures

I set LUX with the Agfachrome rsx 200CD film response and set the mesh lights to aqua, this brought out the blonde in the hair really nice.

Hope my first portrait is ok, I used a black background to help light up her hair.

You made a great job of this one, my friend. Thats an interesting point about the 200CD FR, too. I tend to use the gamma correction more than the FR's, unless I am going for the B&W look, of course. :lol:

edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    Michael_G said:

Bruuna body morphs
    Amy elite textures

You made a great job of this one, my friend. Thats an interesting point about the 200CD FR, too. I tend to use the gamma correction more than the FR's, unless I am going for the B&W look, of course. :lol:

Thanks, I really like the burnt look that the chrome FR gives and I made a pleasing discovery with this one too, using a chrome FR then changing the mesh light colour plays havoc with the hair colour.

edited December 1969

West Park hospital once home to the screams of the lonely, the desperate and the insane, it`s halls and corridors resonated to the mournful cries of minds in pain.

Now it`s empty,sad memories float down the empty halls and corridors as the sound of the wind cry`s at the emptiness.

What happened to West Park hospital?

West_park-hos.jpg
    800 x 600 - 427K
    edited June 2012

Ok same portrait as before but with blue Chelsea hair and the over time bustier, i decided to try using the lace maker texture to make the bustier see through. Same Agfachrome rsx 200 CD and aqua mesh softbox mesh lights.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d534o24 <- full size image</p>

Resized due tot his dumb forum not working properly, also it`s about time they fixed the thread bumping too.

Portrait-2.jpg
    618 x 800 - 419K
    edited December 1969

Once a busy place, West Park Hospital was home to patients of all descriptions, the lost, the lonely, the sad and the insane. Now just an empty shell of creaking floorboards and rotting metal, the windows cracked and the stair cases broken, all that can be heard now is mournful sound of the wind as it cries for West Park Hospital.

West-park-lobby2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 66K
    West-park-lobby.jpg
    800 x 450 - 131K
    edited June 2012

My first full nude portrait, started out as a human female then when i added the hair though she would look a lot better as an elf.

Victoria 4.2
    Amy elite textures
    Instant rainbow of nails
    Resplendent tresses hair
    Bo charms necklace

Hope you like it.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d53wnx4 <- link to image due to the forum TOS</p>

edited December 1969

This caused me such a headache trying to line up the light rays to give enough illumination for the female figure. Rendered to 1k samples and 20 hours render time, theres some render noise still left untouched and there's some poke through that I missed.

Enjoy :)

Rays.jpg
    618 x 800 - 269K
    edited December 1969

A quick render while testing out light rays.

Stephanie 4
    The performer for V4
    Prettyscious tail hair

I will keep posting though it seams no one is seeing them due to the f****d forums.

the_performer.jpg
    486 x 800 - 146K
    edited December 1969

WOW!! Who are you and what have you done with the Mike I knew just a few months ago?

Your skill has improved so fast I'm at a loss for words. I am not looking forward to facing you in another contest.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    WOW!! Who are you and what have you done with the Mike I knew just a few months ago?

Your skill has improved so fast I'm at a loss for words. I am not looking forward to facing you in another contest.

I have not gained anything Jeff, I just find LUX so much easier to work with. The long render times are a right royal pain but the results speak for them selves i guess. You have nothing to fear, :D

edited December 1969

You can not say that Mike. Your Posing and composition has become very very good. I can remember when you did not notice a sword was upside down. Sorry I said that in public but it is true. You have come a very long away in a very short time.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You can not say that Mike. Your Posing and composition has become very very good. I can remember when you did not notice a sword was upside down. Sorry I said that in public but it is true. You have come a very long away in a very short time.

Well it`s very nice of you to say so Jeff. Theres more to come............slowly (damn you LUX) :D but more none the less.
    I want to make some kind of series out of west park and will be visiting that forsaken hospital once again soon.