Genesis Sadie is here!

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Murgatroyd what hair are those two sadie's wearing??

edited December 1969

I was a little dissapointed, 'cause I have expected at least one BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam AND the Hair, maybe another BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam, the Hair and the clothing. Now we must pay for all parts seperate.

Anyway, why should'nt this month started like last one ended with an empty wallet.

THere IS a bundle... It has Sadie, Sadie's hair and Sadie's outfit, and Sam, Sam's hair, and Sam's outfit!

For some reason the link is very long and ugly....

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sadie-and-sam-for-genesis?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Sadie+and+Same+for+Genesis+by+3D+Universe&utm_content=Say+Hello+to+the+New+Kids+in+Town&utm_campaign=Meet+the+New+Kids+in+Town+10_04_12

if it doesn't work copy the whole link and manually paste it :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Just love this new figure...small amounts of sadie and mavka.

Puck.png
    1000 x 1414 - 699K
    Sama_sweetthing.png
    1000 x 1414 - 705K
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

That's so adorable!! What texture is that? the skin on genesis I mean!

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Pendraia, that´s a very nice character!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431
    edited December 1969

Murgatroyd what hair are those two sadie's wearing??

Sadie French Hair and Sadie Short Hair 03, both from Sadie and Sam Hairstylz.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Also very nice character to mix with different Genesis shapes.

SadieMix01pic02.jpg
    700 x 1024 - 311K
  • HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

I was a little dissapointed, 'cause I have expected at least one BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam AND the Hair, maybe another BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam, the Hair and the clothing. Now we must pay for all parts seperate.

Anyway, why should'nt this month started like last one ended with an empty wallet.

THere IS a bundle... It has Sadie, Sadie's hair and Sadie's outfit, and Sam, Sam's hair, and Sam's outfit!

For some reason the link is very long and ugly....

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sadie-and-sam-for-genesis?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Sadie+and+Same+for+Genesis+by+3D+Universe&utm_content=Say+Hello+to+the+New+Kids+in+Town&utm_campaign=Meet+the+New+Kids+in+Town+10_04_12

if it doesn't work copy the whole link and manually paste it :)

Hmmm... Am I the only one who cannot view this bundle? I've manually tried all permutations of that lengthy string, and each time get the Sadie/Sam character page.... ;-(

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited October 2012

I think Spanky and Belovedalia are talking about two different things. The "bundle" Belovedalia is refering to, although does include hair props for both Sam and Sadie, it does not include the Sam/Sadie Hairstylz product, nor the Sam/Sadie Ultra outfit, which i believe Spanky was hoping for being included in one single "bundled" package.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know how long Sadie and Sam will be on sale?

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

They are SO cute ! It's really a pity, that they weren't in the PA Sale and that they can't be part of the PC Sale *heartflower* *handingoutabunchofflowersto3DU*

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2012

Pendraia said:

That's so adorable!! What texture is that? the skin on genesis I mean!Thanks belovedalia the character is Delilah by Tosca IIRC.

Thanks Proxima...I love the result I got mixing Sadie and Mavka. I saved it as a character preset, just hope it works as it's the first time I've used that.

Render of Sam this time wearing the 19th Century Suit

sam_test_fashion_lights.png
    1000 x 1414 - 693K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know how long Sadie and Sam will be on sale?

The email says 'sale ends 10/18. But not everyone is getting email announcements; I'm surprised I got that one.

• edited December 1969

So they will not work in Daz4 then? Just Daz4.5 only?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

Trixie- said:
    So they will not work in Daz4 then? Just Daz4.5 only?

Correct.

The product pages do list them as requiring DS45 since they are all in DUF format

• edited December 1969

Thanks, I see that..now.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    I think Spanky and Belovedalia are talking about two different things. The "bundle" Belovedalia is refering to, although does include hair props for both Sam and Sadie, it does not include the Sam/Sadie Hairstylz product, nor the Sam/Sadie Ultra outfit, which i believe Spanky was hoping for being included in one single "bundled" package.

-MJ

You#ve got me :)

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Zadee N-emy

Render_210.jpg
    776 x 1058 - 335K
    edited December 1969

It seems that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs are not the same as the heads of the full figures. This means that one of the main uses of the separate head morphs - using them at negative values to substitute a different figure's head shape - does not work.

Samhead.png
    990 x 542 - 191K
    Sadiehead.png
    938 x 509 - 182K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, that's not so good. Cute set though. I did purchase the main package....

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

It seems that the Sadie and Sam Head morphs are not the same as the heads of the full figures. This means that one of the main uses of the separate head morphs - using them at negative values to substitute a different figure's head shape - does not work.

you don't set it to negative values you set it to zero.

By going in to negative values you are dialling in a morph again that's why it does not seam to be working

edited October 2012

NeilV 1 said:

you don't set it to negative values you set it to zero.

By going in to negative values you are dialling in a morph again that's why it does not seam to be working
    Not in this case. The head morph is at zero by default, even when the full figure is dialed in at 100%.

headzero.png
    801 x 150 - 52K
    Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
    edited December 1969

Fun fact 1: The 'Sam Head' and 'Sadie Head' morphs are, as far as I can tell, identical.
    Fun fact 2: 100% Sam Head + -100% Sadie Head is identical to 100% Sadie Head + -100% Sam Head. However, it does not give the base Genesis head.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Fun fact 1: The 'Sam Head' and 'Sadie Head' morphs are, as far as I can tell, identical.
    Fun fact 2: 100% Sam Head + -100% Sadie Head is identical to 100% Sadie Head + -100% Sam Head. However, it does not give the base Genesis head.

We realize that there is an issue with Sam's separate head morph, and are working on a fix.

S

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Great sets and wish there'd be a larger bundle, too, but will buy the individual sets then :)

We realize that there is an issue with Sam's separate head morph, and are working on a fix.

S

Just to be sure that you didn't mis this, according to the pictures posted above it appears that the Sadie head morph got an issue as well. The head morph appears to be not 100% equal to the head of the body morph.

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Great fun figures and clothes and hair and ... whew!

Here's one I threw together - Sadie and Sam in the mix in the figures, some of their clothes and poses too, and one of Sadie's hairs.

:coolsmile:

Jogger.jpg
    1200 x 848 - 179K
  • edited December 1969

Eh i'll stick with near me ffor the time being.

edited October 2012

Renpatsu said:
    Great sets and wish there'd be a larger bundle, too, but will buy the individual sets then :)

S

Just to be sure that you didn't mis this, according to the pictures posted above it appears that the Sadie head morph got an issue as well. The head morph appears to be not 100% equal to the head of the body morph.

Actually, I've done a bit more troubleshooting, and I've found the source of that distortion. For some reason, the Sadie Head morph is set up to apply a negative value of MCM3duSadieExpressionFearHead. This MCM is limited to positive values, so when the Sadie Head morph is set to a positive value, it has no effect. However, when the Head morph is set to a negative value, MCM3duSadieExpressionFearHead ends up at a positive value, thus applying the expression, which looks odd on the base Genesis head.

On a mostly unrelated note, the forum software doesn't seem to like the word "expression" followed by an open parenthesis.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

Renpatsu said:

Actually, I've done a bit more troubleshooting, and I've found the source of that distortion. For some reason, the Sadie Head morph is set up to apply a negative value of MCM3duSadieExpressionFearHead. This MCM is limited to positive values, so when the Sadie Head morph is set to a positive value, it has no effect. However, when the Head morph is set to a negative value, MCM3duSadieExpressionFearHead ends up at a positive value, thus applying the expression, which looks odd on the base Genesis head.

On a mostly unrelated note, the forum software doesn't seem to like the word "expression" followed by an open parenthesis.
    It probably thinks you're trying to code when you give it that.

I've never been much for toon stuff, but I recently started a small project that these could be perfect for. (I got Jason fG during the PA sale for it, yet he's not quite right for this.) But I'm going to be combining partial morphs, so I'll need the above-mentioned fixes -- anybody heard any word on how that's going? On a related note, anybody know when the sale period's over?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

It probably thinks you're trying to code when you give it that.

I've never been much for toon stuff, but I recently started a small project that these could be perfect for. (I got Jason fG during the PA sale for it, yet he's not quite right for this.) But I'm going to be combining partial morphs, so I'll need the above-mentioned fixes -- anybody heard any word on how that's going? On a related note, anybody know when the sale period's over?
    Looks like it'll have been up two weeks tomorrow -- I bought it today. Still no ETR? :blank: