Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

While other things have kept me from much Poser-playtime, I did get a little yesterday evening and decided to work a little on my take of the Sentinels...

MutantMenaceF.jpg
    800 x 620 - 229K
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,985
    edited October 2012

Heroes

daz2.jpg
    424 x 451 - 162K
    daz.jpg
    424 x 451 - 133K
    Post edited by Muscleman on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Very nice, I especially like the new Sentinels a lot!

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

latest work

picture2.jpg
    1200 x 632 - 307K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

one more...playing with tyler figure...

PYRSOS2.jpg
    675 x 900 - 300K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

crikett said:
    While other things have kept me from much Poser-playtime, I did get a little yesterday evening and decided to work a little on my take of the Sentinels...

Cool image. What did you use to make the Sentinels?

David

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah! I want to know too!

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Hey Joe - you did an amazing Wonder Woman using a custom transparency map for the supersuit - is there any way we can beg that from you? Not the other stuff, just the transparency map... I stink at making those and want to pick yours apart to see how you did it.

• VI KnightVI Knight Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Re-subscribing. all the new stuff is looking so awesome guys.

Post edited by VI Knight on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

The Sentinels in the pic are made mostly from the Coalition Katana set and CyberM4 (although a few other things mixed in there as well, and some different materials).

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Wow, I was way off then. It looked like you used a slightly altered Iron Man suit to me. :)

Great render, btw. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

a Galactus Render

Now that the notifications are fixed again I finally saw this since it was an older one. WOW... WOW... WOW! Awesome work!

• Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Has JoeQuick released any of his upcoming sets? He mentioned late July but haven't seen anything?

Nope, my last release was the genesis duckies on July 12th. After that was a wedding, a honeymoon, the start of the school year, buying a house, moving, and home repairs. I'm just now sitting down and starting to work on stuff again.

edited December 1969

Wow, congrats, Joe! :)

Here's John Henry Irons AKA Steel. A guy we never really see in Renders these days. Thanks to ChaomancerOmega for letting me use his S Shield symbol.

John.jpg
    1000 x 915 - 297K
    edited December 1969

WOW is right. Congratulations on the nuptials and new home. :-)

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    Hey Joe - you did an amazing Wonder Woman using a custom transparency map for the supersuit - is there any way we can beg that from you? Not the other stuff, just the transparency map... I stink at making those and want to pick yours apart to see how you did it.

I've not done a Wonder Woman (other than with Tyler or McG's stuff), and I tend to avoid the Supersuit unless I need a daz product to use in daz promo renders. Is there another Joe?

• Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Nope, my last release was the genesis duckies on July 12th. After that was a wedding, a honeymoon, the start of the school year, buying a house, moving, and home repairs. I'm just now sitting down and starting to work on stuff again.

Busy busy busy.... And congrats!

I see you're doing Genesis stuff. please don't forget M4/V4 users... Can't wait to see more new items.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

(*Crosses fingers and hopes for "Golden Age for Genesis"*)

edited December 1969

Here's John Henry Irons AKA Steel. A guy we never really see in Renders these days. Thanks to ChaomancerOmega for letting me use his S Shield symbol.

WOW! NICE one, Knight!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

I can't believe you let trivial stuff like that get in your way. ;-)

Congratulations all 'round.

Thanks again for Muck for Genesis; I posted this in the old forum under the Chibi Boy topic, but figured I should drag down the overall quality here as well. It's Tooned Muck as Clayface with a Chibi-Boy Bats (trying out a few different toon styles).

-- Walt Sterdan

Chibi-Bats-and-Muck-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 121K
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

That would be an instant buy for me as well; as it is, I *almost* buy the M4 version every week or so, but hold off in hopes of a Genesis version.

Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

Chibi-JLA-Final-Large.jpg
    1024 x 369 - 83K
    edited December 1969

So those are Genesis? Those are the CUTEST toon JLA I've EVER seen!

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

I secoond Golden Age Heroes for Genesis. :)

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Ikyoto said:

I've not done a Wonder Woman (other than with Tyler or McG's stuff), and I tend to avoid the Supersuit unless I need a daz product to use in daz promo renders. Is there another Joe?

I think he's confusing you with DAZ_Rand.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

WOW! NICE one, Knight!

Thanks! :)

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:
    RKane_1 said:

That would be an instant buy for me as well; as it is, I *almost* buy the M4 version every week or so, but hold off in hopes of a Genesis version.

Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

Holy crapola! How did you do the costumes on the figures? What base suit did you use?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    So those are Genesis? Those are the CUTEST toon JLA I've EVER seen!

Yup, I'm pretty much using Genesis whenever possible. With Smays' Chibis/Nata/Hyde and 3DUniverse's Jason/Jasmine/Amy/etc. and the growing multitude of monsters, aliens and fantasy/SciFi characters available, it makes things a whole lot easier and more fun.

I did those Chip and Cookie Legionnaires a while back (the first 17 are in the attached pict, I think I got up to 24 before I ran out of hoiday time), but since the Genesis toons started appearing, C+C are pretty much benched these days.

-- Walt Sterdan

The-Legion-17.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 164K
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    wsterdan said:
    [Here's a quickie Chibi-Boy/Chibi-GIrl 60s JLA (the original seven) done toon-style (also posted in the old forums, but not to this thread). One of these days I'll get around to finishing their costumes and doing an actual action shot with them... one of these days... ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

Holy crapola! How did you do the costumes on the figures? What base suit did you use?

Oops, sorry for not giving credits where credits are due. The figures are Genesis with smay's Chibi-Boy and Chibi-Girl (with scaling), the main outfits are the GSuit using a few of atrion666's superhero logos, Wonder Woman's outfit is Terrymcg's V4 Cosplay, Supe's belt and trunks are from Vacasoft (Vadlor, PCGaijin and Drusila) while his boots are from uzilite's M4 Superman, GL's ring is from Gonzalez Graphics (Marco Antonio) and his mask is from Muskateer Graphics, Flash's wings are from Aztecmarco, and the rest are just DAZ stuff.

I can't gush enough about the freedom Genesis is giving me; for example, I cobbled chibi-GL together in about 15 minutes, then dialed out Chibi and dialed in Jason, changed the textures and bang, instant 60s-styled GL. I could change to a more realistic GL in a matter of minutes. Before Genesis, that wasn't possible, not without the work of converting the clothing and such. These were done before the release of Supersuit/Belt/Boots/Masks, so I'll probably redo them eventually using those.

I don't do this for anything other than fun, but time is always very limited, and with Genesis taking so much of what used to be "work" out of the equation, I'm having way more fun with the little bits of time I can squeeze out for playing.

-- Walt Sterdan

Jason-GL-02.jpg
    779 x 765 - 192K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
    edited December 1969

Let's just hope we can all sweet talk Joequick into making Golden Age for Genesis (Along with the banded metallic armor and a few other goodies. *smile*)

This discussion has been closed.