Looking to export Genisis as a Character into DAZ Studio 3

sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Why am I looking to do this? I used Face gen to create face morphs for Genisis and I wanted the character created to be it's own Character rather than being another Genisis Figure and 2) Because I primarily still use Studio 3. I'm not a fan of studio 4/4.5's layout and prefer the older program. Set in my ways I guess. Well I try to export as a Poser file but when I import it into DAZ 3 the figure becomes distorted (long limbs, out of wack rigging). I'm guessing it's because DAZ 3 automaticly begins to load The Genisis OBJ rather than the OBJ I exported. I know it can be done for Poser, but I don't know what's going on here.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DS3 doesn't support PP2012 weight-mapping -- you would need to rig the figure using Poser legacy rigging.

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

You could get Bryce and use the bridge to export Genesis from Studio 4 to Bryce, then use the brige to export the result to Studio 3. LOL

• sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
    edited October 2012

DS3 doesn't support PP2012 weight-mapping -- you would need to rig the figure using Poser legacy rigging.

Well that sucks. Guess I'm going to have to use DAZ 4 whether I like it or not, and I don't. While we're on the subject can anyone explain why the hands and feet get distorted every time I use a pose that's not for Genesis? None of the Previous models like Michael 4 did that. I know there's a script to correct the problem but I have to run the script each time I pose Genesis which slows things down.

You could get Bryce and use the bridge to export Genesis from Studio 4 to Bryce, then use the brige to export the result to Studio 3. LOL

I don't understand the Humor in this.

Post edited by sjjesso_78ca0e6d0c on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

None of the Previous models like Michael 4 did that. I know there’s a script to correct the problem but I have to run the script each time I pose Genesis which slows things down.

The point is that Genesis is a completely different model to any that went before. It is a brand new figure, it has different rigging, and it is a single skinned figue too. Clothes for Genesis will generally fit any morphs of Genesis (within reason). I think if you try it in DS4 you will be amazed at what it can do.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Kane01 said:
    Well that sucks. Guess I'm going to have to use DAZ 4 whether I like it or not, and I don't. While we're on the subject can anyone explain why the hands and feet get distorted every time I use a pose that's not for Genesis? None of the Previous models like Michael 4 did that. I know there's a script to correct the problem but I have to run the script each time I pose Genesis which slows things down.

Though that was an issue in the past, I do not see the hands and feet weirding out at all on Genesis in DS45 no matter what gne4 pose I apply to it

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Though that was an issue in the past, I do not see the hands and feet weirding out at all on Genesis in DS45 no matter what gne4 pose I apply to it

Did you try Rage Pose for Freak 4 (as shown in this pic)? This is the #1 issue I have with this model and the #1 reason why I don't like to use it very often.

error.jpg
    640 x 480 - 53K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

M4 and V4 have translations on the hands and feet locked. Genesis did not in DS4.0, but the DS4.5 version does, so it doesn't have this problem any more.

edited December 1969

M4 and V4 have translations on the hands and feet locked. Genesis did not in DS4.0, but the DS4.5 version does, so it doesn't have this problem any more.

*Scratches head* But I am useing DAZ Studio 4.5. I uninstalled Studio 4 and installed studio 4.5.

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

It wasn't meant as humor as such. It's just a bit long and winding. Sorry if I offended you, but my solution is actually doable.

edited December 1969

dyret said:
    It wasn't meant as humor as such. It's just a bit long and winding. Sorry if I offended you, but my solution is actually doable.

No offence taken, I just though you made a funny and it went over my head.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Kane01 said:
    Did you try Rage Pose for Freak 4 (as shown in this pic)? This is the #1 issue I have with this model and the #1 reason why I don't like to use it very often.

I've tried all of the DAZ poses for Freak 4 and even the Freak 3 on Genesis and the feet are ok. But none of the poses I've tried looked like yours, though.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Kane01 said:
    Mattymanx said:

I don't usually get this problem either but when I do, I just use the Node Selection tool, click on the offending body part and then go to Edit>Object>Zero and click on Zero Selected Items. :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

Adamr001 has a script to fix hands and feet when the do stuff like that.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170864

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

If M4 and V4 have hands and feet locked why didn't they do the same with Genesis? Was it a ploy to get people to buy Genesis poses or just something they didn't consider?

Oh and a quick update. For whatever strange reason the feet of the Genesis model have stopped screwing up even when I used poses that screwed it up before. I don't know why but I'm not complaining.