ShareCG in trouble

1235»

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Team Pay The Darn $10 Here. That's a drop in the bucket for a year of no ads and insuring the site continues to exist. Here's why I'm going to do it instead of just going to Rendo with everything (some things will certainly go up at Rendo).

Likewise - for the same reason.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I am going to pay as well, I want to support the site. So many cool freebies, and some of their items cannot be found even on paid sites.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I agree, the proposed $10 yearly membership with no ads is a good Idea. I do love ShareCG :cheese:

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

If anyone has been wondering (like me) what happened to the anounced ShareCg subscription, this is a recap of the latest info from David Heller, posted on ShareCg blog on November 19th:

After several internal meetings they figured a way how they will be able to remove ads from the site at the begining of year 2013, without people having to pay subscription. They are building a new homepage (should launch at the latest on January 28th, 2013), where also companies can post information about their new products, offer download of trial software, tutorials, product video etc. Those companies will pay for this and that money will then be used to run the site, remove ads and add new features, without the need to ask site members for subscription.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

That sounds good... I was meaning to look into it, but it was a busy month with the stupid hurricane messing everything up and I forgot about it.

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, I too had been wondering. Thanks for the info.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I was wondering what was happening over this, thanks.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I only have one upload on ShareCG, so it concerns me slightly less than others. That said, it's good to know this resourceful website will be running for some time to come yet.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update!

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

Those companies will pay for this and that money will then be used to run the site, remove ads and add new features, without the need to ask site members for subscription.

Yaaaaay! :lol::-)