Dynamic clothing animated draping question

mdlark1966mdlark1966 Posts: 100
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello all!

I'm working on an image using some dynamic clothing, and I'm having an issue with the draping. My figure is lying down, and I've read in the past that the best way to handle the draping on a pose such as this is with an animated drape - moving figure into position, as well as moving the "floor" (in this case, a plane) up underneath the figure so that the clothes will "lie" on the floor.

So, I've started off with the default pose. The pants are set to collide with themselves, with everything on the figure from her abdomen on down, and with the plane. The plane is starting off lowered a bit beneath her. (first image)

I then created a keyframe at 20 seconds with her final pose, and moved the plane up underneath her. (second image) Finally, I let the animation go for 10 more seconds, so that by 30 seconds the pants would have settled to the floor. (third image)

However, when I do animation, her pants still poke through the floor - which is exactly what I DON'T want to happen. (fourth image)

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

How finely divided is the floor plane? You need something for the clothing to collide against.

• mdlark1966mdlark1966 Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply!

Hmmm. I didn't realize that was a factor. I currently have it set to 1 division. Should I increase that? I have no idea how that part works.

edited December 1969

Yes, set finer divisions so the cloth has something to collide with.

edited December 1969

Ok, cool. Do you have a suggestion as to how many?

edited December 1969

Just a WAG, I'd say 10 divisions per meter should do it.

edited December 1969

Thanks very much! Your help is greatly appreciated!