Solved PFE file problem

tearstears Posts: 0

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a problem i'm having with PFE v1.5 and studio 4.5.

I've loaded my V4 figure into the scene, and created a simple walk cycle. i've then selected the v4 figure and run the PFE script, selected the animation export option and saved the pz2 file to a pose file in poser.
When I load the pose in poser, the figure moves from the default T pose into a frame one pose as in Daz Studio, but does no more than that. The frames import into the keyframe editor in poser but not apprently the animation.
Any clues on where i'm screwing up would be appreciated.

Post edited by tears on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have you read Mattymanx's tutorial here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6869/

• tearstears Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

well the interesting section reads...............
    After you have all of your animation setup make sure you ‘bake to anim keyframes to DS keyframes. ( that is in the right corner ani timeline menu)
    Click on the scripts menu and launch the Poser Format Exporter
    Select “timeline animated range” attributes visbility and bending.
    That writes an animated pose file for Poser.

unfortunately i cant seem to find the bake to anim anywhere, a screen shot would be appreciated if someone can help me out. Ive been looking for a decent flat shoe walk and it appears that for poser theres only high heeled jiggly ones, so i thought i would try and learn a bit of ds

edited December 1969

ah ive found it by right clicking the bullseye icon, now to see if it works :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Bake to Studio Keyframes is a command in the Animate 2 plugin. You need to go to Window > Tabs > Animnate 2 to see it, and you can dock it at the bottom of the screen along with the DS Timeline.

Animate 2 comes as a 30 day trial with DS4, but after that, it reverts to Animate Lite. I am not sure if the Lite version can do the Bake option or not.

edited December 1969

nope that didnt work, i did exactly as it said in the tutorial but i still get an import of 187 frames that do nothing????

edited December 1969

ok panic over i figured it out, I had to create a new aniamtion layer in poser first and then set the keyframes to the same number as in the exported pose . For some reason it doesnt recognise all the ffames in the base layer..................

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could you please edit your first post, that will let you EDIT the title of the thread. Please add Solved to the title so others will know this has been solved and also so they can read what solved the problem.