DS Newbie plug-ins question

LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have installed the basic DS 4.5. I really have not played with or used DS very much at all at this point evern though I have had it loaded since 2 point something.

As I am looking through my files of stuff to install, I am finding a lot of programs that I am not sure are needed any more. Can someone please advise me on what to install and what to archive (or if I re-install DS3A will need)? This is what I have (or at least what I cannot figure out):

3delight 7.0
Poser Format Exporter
Dynamic Clothing Control
Morph Loader
FBX
Layered Image Editor
Figure Setup Tools
Mood master
Mask Creator
Render Album
FaceShop Loader
Dform
Morphorms
Palette

Thank you for any assistance you can give me!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

3delight 7.0
    Definitely not. The current 3Delight is 10.62 (included version)/10.5something standalone version.

Poser Format Exporter
    Dynamic Clothing Control
    Morph Loader
    FBX
    Layered Image Editor
    Figure Setup Tools
    Render Album

Not needed, now all those tools are included in the 4.5 Pro (free) package.

Mood master
    Mask Creator
    FaceShop Loader
    Dform
    Morphorms
    Palette

Not sure, but if they were purchased through the Daz store, check for updates to the current version by resetting your downloads (but not tonight...servers are still a bit flaky). And a couple of those I'm not sure ever will be updated beyond whatever version of Studio they work in.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Thank you! This is a huge help. I have archived those things and will check for updates on the others. I was afraid to load them as I thought they might mess up the current install.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

A few of them won't even install...they'll cough up a version mismatch error (mostly the content creator tools).

edited December 1969

If they had refused to install, I probably would have figured there was something wrong other than not being needed any more, so knowing what is not needed will save me a lot of time. As it is, I have a ton of content still to install. *sigh* Then I may get a chance to learn some of it before I am 90. = )

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited October 2012

Poser Format Exporter is still a separate "purchase" isn't it? But it's a script, not a plugin, and it does work. DForms have been built in to the basic application for a long time - since version 1.something I think. The Morphforms to pose script I'm not sure about, FaceShop I think has an update for 4.5. Some of the Dreamlight stuff - the scripts - is partially working at least, there was a thread on one of them (Mask Creator I think) recently, but none of the actual plugins have been updated and it sounds unlikely that they will be.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Poser Format Exporter is still a separate "purchase" isn't it? But it's a script, not a plugin, and it does work. DForms have been built in to the basic application for a long time - since version 1.something I think. The Morphforms to pose script I'm not sure about, FaceShop I think has an update for 4.5. Some of the Dreamlight stuff - the scripts - is partially working at least, there was a thread on one of them (Mask Creator I think) recently, but none of the actual plugins have been updated and it sounds unlikely that they will be.

Thank you, Richard. I do know from my records that the last time I updated Poser Format Exporter was in 2010 (not sure if there has been a more recent update) but it is still available, but free. So I will check to see if there is a new update as well as updates for the others you mention.

LOL, goes to show how much I know if I don't know they are scripts rather than plug-ins.