WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL MMHB !!!

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

perlk said:
    music2u4u said:
    perlk said:
    ... I'm right now 7 months pregnant and am suffering from severe carpal tunnel brought on by pregnancy...

Just to let you know...Tunnel Carpel Syndrom (repeditive use syndrom) can not be brought on by pregnancy...it is impossible. It is brought on by useing your computer mouse too much, in your case, or a subluxation at the base of your neck, cutting blood flow to your wrists and/or hands.

Interesting. Not to get OT but they told me it was because of the swelling in my hands and arms that brought it on, which is mostly from pregnancy. I'm retaining water like you would not believe! It might not exactly be CTS but it's got similar symptoms of numbness and pain.

Sounded odd to me too, but I just assumed that Perlk was googling a lot of information about having a baby. Tricky staying away from the old keyboard, regardless. Right about now, for example, she'll be downloading the Genesis Babygrow freebie.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh perlk. nice to see you. Have a lot of rest dear!

I know what you mean about containing water. I was so swollen trough out my 2nd and 3rd trimester my right hand went totaly numb.

Oh how lucky you know that you know that you will ahve all the assistance during a labour, and you know that it wil be induced.
    And wow pretty soon you will join the ranks of us - half concious people - known as parents :)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Hey Music. Picked up a tip about your mysterious missing Banner. Try uploadin it again, in a different format, as long as it is within the kb limit. SO if yours was a jpg, try a png or gif.

Click remove image first before trying, in case the ghost of your first try is still haunting the signature edit screen somewhere.

I saved it as a .gif and it worked...thanks Cho!

Gonna go back and post the .gif in place of the .jpg. That way all who grab it can apply it.

:-)

EDIT:....done!

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just getting caught up; since I haven't been getting notices (first time it's happened to me).

Perl; I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy & that you have a healthy & beautiful baby.

I've gotten a couple of cool outfits & characters for the Maya Doll from PZ3's.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Oh perlk. nice to see you. Have a lot of rest dear!

I know what you mean about containing water. I was so swollen trough out my 2nd and 3rd trimester my right hand went totaly numb.

Oh how lucky you know that you know that you will ahve all the assistance during a labour, and you know that it wil be induced.
    And wow pretty soon you will join the ranks of us - half concious people - known as parents :)

HEY! No fair! How'd you get to half? I've yet to get past quarter these last 15.75 years...

Kendall

edited December 1969

Ahh. Kendall.. I am thinking I am getting half.. but maybe this is just illusion :D

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My son still cries for help from his Mum, despite living in another country now, has a home and family of his own, etc etc.
    Just this week I had to buy him a school book and then send it over to him. A book for him, btw, not my grandaughter. :roll:

edited October 2012

Haha chohole... I cry to my mom all the time .... she is also in another country, and I am glad to have internet :D

Yep parents stay parents for the rest of the life, no matter what ...

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

that is a fact Krissy, we just get more sleep the longer we are parents. or is that we get to catch up on that sleep we miss when they are little. When my grandson was born six years ago I stayed with my daughter and her husband the first 6 weeks he was born and took care of him at night so they could get some sleep. It's alot tougher the older you get to lose sleep I'll admit. But worth every lost minute.

• tubes_b2169a5d1atubes_b2169a5d1a Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Thanks Music for the list
    Kees is busy to try to create something for the contest I don't know yet what part of the house he pics out so surprise, you can tell wich prize it will be.
    Huggies for all

edited December 1969

nudge nudge Hi Mavelle

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    that is a fact Krissy, we just get more sleep the longer we are parents. or is that we get to catch up on that sleep we miss when they are little. When my grandson was born six years ago I stayed with my daughter and her husband the first 6 weeks he was born and took care of him at night so they could get some sleep. It's alot tougher the older you get to lose sleep I'll admit. But worth every lost minute.

My son had a terrible, teribble sleeping till he was 2 .. if we caught about 5-6 hours of sleep in the second year it was a blessing.
    In the first year we take sleeping turns at night - as we slept about 3 hours at night and tried to caught an hour or so during a day.
    Babies might sleep a lot, but in a 20min/ 30min pattern

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

weird; I just got all my missing forum notifications (almost a weeks worth); all at once. :bug:

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    weird; I just got all my missing forum notifications (almost a weeks worth); all at once. :bug:

Yes me too! I think they fixed something.
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

lol...that's Daz...Vegas style B!

edited December 1969

Just thought I would post a few composits I did of all the past winners of the Monster Mash Halloween Bash

This will give any newbies an idea of what we are looking for. These were the winners. Strangely we had 6 HMs in 2009 and none in 2008. Copy these if you like.

2011Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K
    2010Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 130K
    2009HMs.jpg
    800 x 600 - 144K
    2009Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K
    2008Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 106K
    edited December 1969

one of the reasons we didn't have HM's was we weren't doing that back in our first year and also we allowed the group to vote on the winners that month as well if my failing memory serves me.

edited December 1969

Correct Jeeperz. Good failing memory...lol.

**throws a pie and runs!**

edited December 1969

ARGHHHH>... you got me, slurp lick, YUMMMMM..... that was a good one music.

• tubes_b2169a5d1atubes_b2169a5d1a Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    nudge nudge Hi Mavelle

Hi Jeepz
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Could I please just ask - Genesis is it a free item?

Thanks

edited December 1969

As it comes with DS 4, which is free, or at least is available at 100% discount, I would imagine that Genesis is free, yes.

edited December 1969

Could I please just ask - Genesis is it a free item?

Thanks

Yes, Genesis is free. BUT, for the purposes of the Freebie Challenge, it is a "no count" neutral item.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I stand corrected. Well actually I don't stand as I am using my computer, rather I sit corrected, but it doesn't sound quite as good if you say it that way. :roll:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I stand corrected. Well actually I don't stand as I am using my computer, rather I sit corrected, but it doesn't sound quite as good if you say it that way. :roll:

Not a correction, just an addendum. :-) You were absolutely correct in everything you said, but since this is the FC I figured I'd clarify the status of Gn with respect to the entries. Lord knows we don't need any more ymryson. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

why do I have a strange urge to yell out "addendum, addendum, we all fall down." Hmm, what has himself been adding to my coffee.

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    why do I have a strange urge to yell out "addendum, addendum, we all fall down." Hmm, what has himself been adding to my coffee.

Ummm... Something Welsh? You've been "Welshing" quite a lot lately. :-)

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's a beautiful language to confuzzle people with :coolgrin: I learned some when I was quite young, from a Welsh lady who taught at our school, learned a little more and the way to pronounce things by being married to a Welsman who's Father still spoke some Welsh, and now, living here I am picking up a little more

welsh-language.jpg
    500 x 375 - 46K
    welsh_cat_2.jpg
    492 x 471 - 36K
    edited December 1969

This is the only Welch I know....Gooooooood!

large_healthystart_grape.png
    157 x 507 - 126K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,370
    edited December 1969

Me too!