Mouse ears prop?

Jio DerakoJio Derako Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello everyone!

So a simple request here; I've been on the lookout for mouse ears, for use on V4/M4/A4/H4 figures (I'm not too worried about what figure they're designed for, I can tweak them to fit about anything). Surprisingly enough, I can't seem to find anything.
Does anybody know of a decent pair of mouse ears that would work? Freebie is of course preferred, but if there's simply nothing out there, for-sale will also work. (in a worst-case scenario, I can also make due with actual mouse figures, so long as their ears have their own bones or have a separate texture channel; I can simply hide everything but the ears and parent it as though it was a prop.)
Realism or semi-realistic is preferred, I know there's at least one set of toon mouse ears out there, but it doesn't quite fit a regular V4/M4/A4/H4, style-wise.

Just to note, I am aware of the Creature Creator morphs, which happen to have a "mouse" morph for ears; unfortunately, it's not quite what I want, since it doesn't change the position of the ears at all, just the shape. I can make due, of course, but surely there's another option out there.
...I'm also quite sure there have been threads on this topic before, too - actually, I'm 100% sure - but since DAZ has reworked their forums, those threads appear to have vanished...

If anyone out there's got something, I thank you in advance!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons as it's a request for, not an offer of, freebies.

• Jio DerakoJio Derako Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons as it's a request for, not an offer of, freebies.

Thankies; I wasn't sure which forum would be the proper one to post in, I just assumed the Freebies forum would work for both offers and requests.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

There's a thread in the freepozitory for requests, but other than that (and the render challenge) it's for offering freebies only.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Not the finished product but there's a 'how to' make 'em tut from the archives.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=173577

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited June 2012

The Jim Burton Costume sets have mouse ears though none of the pictures show them. All of the sets are the same pieces for various characters.

The ears are on a cowl and they look very much like a costume rather than "Real" ears.

I have also placed scampixie ears on other figures. There are a couple of methods if you're interested. Matching textures can be a pain.

Here is a quick and dirty of scampixie ears on A3

Scampixie.png
    800 x 800 - 260K
    Post edited by pwiecek on