GenX stuff from 4.0 transferring to 4.5?

twallingtwalling Posts: 241
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I'm about to take the plunge and update to 4.5, but I want to make Super Sure first... I have a bunch of morphs I transferred over from V4 to Genesis using GenX. Will those morphs I created transfer over when I do the update?

I'm a bit worried about that, as I would assume I'm gonna have to uninstall version 4.0 to go to 4.5, and I'm worried my morphs are gonna uninstall along with that. I have a bunch of saved characters I'm using for a comic project that also use those morphs, I don't want to lose them, either.

Thanks for reading and any advice!

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

That's what I was afraid of... thanks for letting me know, maybe I can write down a list of the morphs I used to create my characters beforehand.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

When you transfer morphs using GenX, you'll find them in a D3D Gen X folder in here:

...DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs

Just copy this folder to a safe place and if after the upgrade they are gone, just copy them back in. I'm pretty sure they won't get deleted, at least they didn't on my system when I upgraded to DS4.5.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say that I did the switch yesterday, with absolutely zero trouble.

Well, one old scene I loaded with a bunch of props in it loaded with some of the props going invisible, but the files with the GenX'ed characters made it to 4.5 no trouble.

Thanks for the help, everybody!

edited May 2022

Redacted