DAZ server problems

124»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Question -- can the delay when clearing files be made optional? I'm finding it's so much slower that I'd rather run through 2 or 3 times if something wasn't completely cleared.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Taozen said:
    If there are any XP users with the same problem, I assume it will work for them also. Please let me know in that case, so I know if it's a Win 7 only problem or a general problem.

Just for the sake of thouroughness, I'm fine with 1.1.0.2 on XP SP2.

I could test the new one, if you wish.

Thanks, but if you'd wait for the final fix it would be better, as the risk for a potential error which may occur in the current tix will have been eliminated then.

Oh, hey, I don't suppose you could make something that could download my missing email notifications? :lol:

Wish I could, but that's outside my domain... :)

edited December 1969

Question -- can the delay when clearing files be made optional? I'm finding it's so much slower that I'd rather run through 2 or 3 times if something wasn't completely cleared.

I don't know - I did experiment with shorter delays when I fixed the problem but the server didn't seem to be able to handle the speed, and sometimes skipped some of the clearing requests (may depend on how busy it is). So it is optimized as much as it can be, if it's supposed to be reliable all the time.

But maybe things have changed since then, will take a look at it...

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Oh, hey, I don't suppose you could make something that could download my missing email notifications? :lol:

You could make it or some other tool copy the orders into a text file, though?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Taozen said:

You could make it or some other tool copy the orders into a text file, though?

Umm, which orders are you talking about?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited October 2012

Taozen said:

I mean, at the moment your tools log in, and then hop to right menu to pull down the info they need -- wishlist, alphabetized order list, or downloads.

A tool could log in, and go to My Orders page, and copy data from each order to a local database/text file as a backup for user. It would be pretty neat.

Edit: I'm just saying that it could, not that it must or should. It is just one of those "what if" thoughts.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

I don't know - I did experiment with shorter delays when I fixed the problem but the server didn't seem to be able to handle the speed, and sometimes skipped some of the clearing requests (may depend on how busy it is). So it is optimized as much as it can be, if it's supposed to be reliable all the time.

But maybe things have changed since then, will take a look at it...

UPDATE:
    There is indeed a problem with file clearing in 1.102 and 1.102a (TEMP WIN7 FIX), it simply doesn't work and stops the program from continuing. The reason is however the same as for the download problem, so it was easily fixed. So here's another temporary version 1.102b (TEMP WIN7 FIX2), until 1.103 is released.

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1102b-installer_TEMP_WIN7_FIX2.zip

1.103 will be an auto-update, however, auto-update is disabled in the 1.101 (TEMPORARY FIX) so anyone still using that must get 1.103 from the website when it's out. Auto-update should work with all 1.102x versions though. 1.101 and earlier no longer works, but auto-update should work in some of them.

But wait, there's more! Looks like the server has gone nuts again (or maybe it's intended, I don't know). In any case, remaining downloads currently remain the same no matter how many times you download a file. I've checked by downloading with with IE, to be sure it's not a bug in the downloader, but it is the same here also. So file clearing will not work as long as this is going on.

NOTE: The error "File could not be cleared from filelist" is not related to this if you should see it, but an error message that is normally displayed when there are 0 downloads left for a file when clearing is being attempted (e.g. if the download has used up the last retry). In general, just ignore this error, it's only useful for debugging the program.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Taozen said:

I mean, at the moment your tools log in, and then hop to right menu to pull down the info they need -- wishlist, alphabetized order list, or downloads.

A tool could log in, and go to My Orders page, and copy data from each order to a local database/text file as a backup for user. It would be pretty neat.

I've been considering something like this as part of some of the future developments, however they will turn out. Right now I'm considering dumping the downloader when DAZ releases theirs and then perhaps instead create some kind of DAZ Account Manager which is linked to the DAZ Downloader filesystem in some way. It would include the current History Manager features as well as different other useful features. Considering that I'll probably never be able to include things like checking for product updates in the downloader (I assume that will require direct access to their database which currently is impossible), which DAZ' downloader can, I think this will be a better idea.

But what I decide to do and when all depends on when the DAZ store has been fixed and the planned store features (what ever they are) have been implemented, and different other things. So it may take a while before I can say anything definite.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited October 2012

launok said:
    Taozen said:
    launok said:
    @ Taozen,

I have tried to download via your tool but it's not working and I do have the Microsoft network file needed on my system in order for this to work. I am on Win XP sp3.

I have made a print screen of what is happening while downloading. I eventually had to stop the download process as almost all my files for DS4.5 free version had the same problems as in this print screen.

I assume you're having problems with downloading from DAZ with other programs and browsers as well?

Have you always had problems with downloading from DAZ or did it first start after the problems with the DAZ site a few days ago?

As for making a downloader for ShareCG it won't make much sense the way that site works, and I doubt it would solve your problems anyway since everything seems to indicate that they're caused by either your system (e.g. network settings, firewall setup), your network connection, or your ISP.

You could try to run some of the tests at dslreports and see if they report anything unusual.

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Taozen, thanks for reply. Normally I can download from DAZ quite successfully. I can remember though during the 1st time I have downloaded the free Hexagon 2, Daz Studio 4.0 and Bryce 7.1 when it was released free earlier this year, all the files downloaded successfully except the Bryce 7.1 content I tried several times, even after resetting, with no luck! If I remember correctly, the size was about 600+ mb (nowadays one can't see sizes) and it would go up to say about 350 mb and stops there, sometimes more than that, other times less. I am now still using Bryce 7.0 contents with 7.1 version. The larger files seems to be problematic, although DS4.0 downloaded fully which was about 430 mb.

To answer Mari-Anne's question, I am using the download tab next to the files listed in the download section at DAZ.

I am not sure if this could be the problem but since my computer was formatted and my brother installed Win XP with SP3, I am having problems especially at ShareCG. Prior to the format I used Win XP SP2 for a long time and downloads went actually great at ShareCG and Daz3D as well as other sites. Both Firefox and IE7 do same thing at DAZ & ShareCG but normally Firefox works and download greatly. I had tried IE8 but most of the time my pc crashes, even IE7 has given me problems and I actually prefer Firefox which doesn't crash at all! IE is really a pain! I will give that "dslreports" a try and see what it will show.

I am on ADSL but MWEB in South Africa (my ISP) numerous times has problems with Seacom international cable, not sure how stable it is lately. For instance, last night (midnight) the speed was all of a sudden only 4-8 kb/second (and very unstable) whereas normally I can download between 25-30 kb/s or more at that hour as traffic is less then. Today better though but not quite what it should be. I have the smallest speed modem for adsl as I can't afford as pensioner higher speed modem monthly costs. But even with this modem I get good download speeds for my needs, only now in some incidents having problems. I will try DAZ downloads again after resetting later in the week and see what will happen then.

Regards,

Laura

AT LAST!!! After trying quite a few times before and having problems downloading all the files needed, I got them ALL now, after almost 5.5 hours the Genesis Essentials 1.4 to download. Then thereafter Daz 4.0.3 and Daz 4.5 together another 7.5 hours! What a relief that these are successfully downloaded via Daz direct download system after they have put it back on their own server! :lol:

Laura

Post edited by launok on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    T Jaiman said:

Hmmm, yeah, I can see why they might not give the world access to unsent emails. (Or ones cached at Yahoo, for no good reason). :)

Oh well, I just got about 40 of them, going back to Sept. 28, so I guess it's fixed for now.

I was getting about one-in-five topic-reply emails, which made it kinda hard to keep up.

(That was a new wrinkle, it's been all or nothing, before).

Looks like everybody's fixed up for downloading. You're probably tired of me saying you rock, though. :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    After trying to download a product I purchased from Daz a countless number of times, all unsuccessfully, I just tried Taozen's 3D Content Downloader temporary fix, and it worked like a charm - the very first time! Thanks so much for a wonderful tool, Taozen!!

You're welcome. Sorry that some of the features have been disabled, but that was necessary to make the fix work. Hope they fix things so they can be enabled again.

I hope they fix things so that your wonderful fixes are no longer needed! But I'm not holding my breath.

Dana

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Wasn't daz creating it's own content downloader?

@Taozen, or are you the in house developer that's working on this downloader?

and indeed if i download my files, i also would like to know what 'm downloading.
    a photo that explains the file seems very necessary.

edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    Wasn't daz creating it's own content downloader?

@Taozen, or are you the in house developer that's working on this downloader?

and indeed if i download my files, i also would like to know what 'm downloading.
    a photo that explains the file seems very necessary.

No, I'm not affiliated with DAZ in any way.

And they are working on their own downloader/installer, yes.

As for the photo thing, it is possible, but I think it would be better with a program that would update your whole product collection with pictures from the product pages. It's possible that I'll make a program that can do this and other things, but it probably won't be before DAZ has converted all their files to ZIPs.

edited October 2012

New version 1.103 out, run your current version and auto-update or get it from the download page:

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

• Fixed: would hang doing nothing when trying to download files. Windows 7-64 and possibly certain other Windows versions were affected.

• Fixed: log file did incorrectly report "Retries used up" when there was still one download attempt left. "Retries used up" has been changed to "no more downloads left" for clarity.

• Fixed: CSV and XML export updated (empty entries removed)

• Misc minor bug fixes and adjustments

• New: Clear Files settings can now be saved, except for the "Clear selected files" option. Just select any of the other two options and click the "Save All" button on the Settings tab. You can still select any option you want manually, but the program will revert to the saved setting after each file operation.

• New: File Clearing is now fast again (seemed to be a temporary server problem). The delay between file clearing requests (one per download left) can now be adjusted on the Settings tab. Currently it's set to 1000 ms (1 second) which seems to work at the moment. If you should experience that files are not being completely cleared using this setting, try increasing the delay. Changes will be saved if you click "Save All".

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

YES! Thank you so much!! I cleared the older files and I cleared all the MAC files also! I only wish they would disappear from the list at my downloadable products at the DAZ site also once they're cleared. :)

Thanks again for all your work!

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    YES! Thank you so much!! I cleared the older files and I cleared all the MAC files also! I only wish they would disappear from the list at my downloadable products at the DAZ site also once they're cleared. :)

Thanks again for all your work!

Love, Jeanne

They do, after a certain number of days. I'm not sure what that number is anymore. It used to be fairly quick, but now I still have things that I bought on 09/23/2012. So maybe it's a month.

Dana

• BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    New version 1.103 out, run your current version and auto-update or get it from the download page: http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Thanks Taozen!!!

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    New version 1.103 out, run your current version and auto-update or get it from the download page: http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Taozen, what's new and improved about the wishlist GreaseMonkey script? I've gotten a message about it being updated twice in the past few days.

Dana

edited December 1969

Oh, and a suggestion/request. Would it be too much trouble to add some sorting options to the history manager? Like, by Date (asc/desc) then by product name? I'd find that handy.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Taozen said:

Taozen, what's new and improved about the wishlist GreaseMonkey script? I've gotten a message about it being updated twice in the past few days.

Dana

It's CypherFox, not me, who's working on that.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Oh, and a suggestion/request. Would it be too much trouble to add some sorting options to the history manager? Like, by Date (asc/desc) then by product name? I'd find that handy.

Dana

Yes, many have requested that, but it's a bit complex to add now, the way the program is made.

It is however possible that I'm going to create a more comprehensive DAZ Account Manager program later, which will include the current History Manager features as well as different other features, including column sorting.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes, many have requested that, but it's a bit complex to add now, the way the program is made.

It is however possible that I'm going to create a more comprehensive DAZ Account Manager program later, which will include the current History Manager features as well as different other features, including column sorting.

That'll be cool!

Dana

edited October 2012

New feature added to History Manager: Check for DSON updates

This feature will check the DAZ DSON pages and compare the data with your history (bundled items excluded as usual), and list those items in the DSON category that you have, so you can reset them if you like. When an item has been reset, it will automatically disappear from the list so you only will see items you haven't reset yet, whenever you check the list.

A list of those files you already have reset can bo found in the DSON__reset.txt file in the program's data folder. Deleting a product name from the list will make it show up on the list again.

In the same folder you can also find a complete list of the current DSON files in the DSON_list.txt file. This list will be automatically updated whenever you run the DSON check.

May sometimes take a little while before the data show up, depending on how busy the server is. No need to log in to use this feature, but you must log in to reset files, as usual.

A test version can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0536a-installer_DSON_TEST.zip

Let me know if there are any problems...

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited October 2012

@ Taozen,

Again today when I have downloaded a big file via Daz it just stopped at 295 mb after almost 4 hours going at steady but slow speed. Out of frustration I took a chance with your program again and this time it seems ok! I have decided to download only 1 file and not multiple as the previous time on your program which gave me that error messages. It doesn't show the download speed though but maybe it is the normal speed I get when downloading from Daz, i.e. about 20 kb/s.

As there is no option for to which folder the download should go, where will I find it after download? Will it automatically go to the "downloads" folder in My Documents folder or to a temporary folder?

Another question, is there any way to pause download and carry on later if modem is unplugged? The reason I am asking is when we have thunderstorms I normally unplug modem from the electrical socket as I have lost a few modems due to lightning struck in the past. Otherwise I have to start all over again if needed.

One thing I can't understand is how I have left 0 out of 5 tries, after tried only 2 times on Daz and now 1 time here. It should shown at least 2 left But when I start with your program the count was actually "0" which mean I will have to reset in case this one now still busy is unsuccessful. Well, hold thumbs! :)

At least your program now show the actual size of file which Daz doesn't. Now I can see where the bytes is standing during process! Thank you for this as it makes control over download process much better! :)

Regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    @ Taozen,
    As there is no option for to which folder the download should go, where will I find it after download? Will it automatically go to the "downloads" folder in My Documents folder or to a temporary folder?

You can select the download folder on the Settings tab, just cilck the "Select Root Folder" button. If you haven't changed this setting, your files will be in the default folder, the path for this folder is shown above the button. If you click on the path the folder will open automatically in Explorer if it exists (it may not work though if "Add date" is checked and the date has changed since download).

Another question, is there any way to pause download and carry on later if modem is unplugged? The reason I am asking is when we have thunderstorms I normally unplug modem from the electrical socket as I have lost a few modems due to lightning struck in the past. Otherwise I have to start all over again if needed.

Unfortunately not. But I'm thinking of adding that feature if i decide to continue developing the program.

One thing I can't understand is how I have left 0 out of 5 tries, after tried only 2 times on Daz and now 1 time here. It should shown at least 2 left But when I start with your program the count was actually "0" which mean I will have to reset in case this one now still busy is unsuccessful. Well, hold thumbs! :)

It seems that the server sometimes do that, not sure what triggers it. But you can reset your files as many times as you want, so it isn't a big problem. In case you haven't seen it, the History Manager makes it easy to find and reset files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

At least your program now show the actual size of file which Daz doesn't. Now I can see where the bytes is standing during process! Thank you for this as it makes control over download process much better! :)

You're welcome. :) You can also get the file sizes before download, by checking the "Get file sizes only" box.

edited October 2012

Taozen said:
    launok said:
    @ Taozen,

You can select the download folder on the Settings tab, just cilck the "Select Root Folder" button. If you haven't changed this setting, your files will be in the default folder, the path for this folder is shown above the button. If you click on the path the folder will open automatically in Explorer if it exists (it may not work though if "Add date" is checked and the date has changed since download).

Unfortunately not. But I'm thinking of adding that feature if i decide to continue developing the program.

It seems that the server sometimes do that, not sure what triggers it. But you can reset your files as many times as you want, so it isn't a big problem. In case you haven't seen it, the History Manager makes it easy to find and reset files:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

You're welcome. :) You can also get the file sizes before download, by checking the "Get file sizes only" box.

Thanks for your reply, but look what happened after a few hours downloading time! You can see when the actual download started and the error came up in the image! I thought it was going so well. :( It stopped at 281 mb.

Have to go and reset ... and start again. :down:
    Laura

Corrupt_download.jpg
    628 x 456 - 58K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

Sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do about it. The program itself cannot cause that kind of error, it's a problem with the network (your connection) or the DAZ server. I've downloaded that file myself several times and haven't had any problems. Just tried again now, and everything went fine as you can see.

I'll suggest you use a program with Reget support, so that it continues from where the file broke if you try again. IE does that, as far as I recall.

dazdl329928.jpg
    600 x 334 - 76K
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do about it. The program itself cannot cause that kind of error, it's a problem with the network (your connection) or the DAZ server. I've downloaded that file myself several times and haven't had any problems. Just tried again now, and everything went fine as you can see.

I'll suggest you use a program with Reget support, so that it continues from where the file broke if you try again. IE does that, as far as I recall.

Gosh, it must be my network speed and ADSL connection. If I look at your image the time it took for downloads went very fast! Mine is very slow indeed and takes many hours. No wonder I am having problems at ShareCG too. It is almost as if some interference many times broke the downloads. Anyway, thank you for your time. :-)

edited December 1969

launok said:
    Taozen said:

Gosh, it must be my network speed and ADSL connection. If I look at your image the time it took for downloads went very fast! Mine is very slow indeed and takes many hours. No wonder I am having problems at ShareCG too. It is almost as if some interference many times broke the downloads. Anyway, thank you for your time. :-)

Yes, that's one of the problems with a slow connection - the longer time the download takes, the greater the risk for a network or server error to occur, as these happen regularly. But I hope you manage to get your file anyway, one way or another. :)