Updatting character in a scene

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi.

I made a scene whith a couple of characters, but I needed to do somo improvements in one of them, so how I update it?
I'm a newbie and saved each of the characters as a scene.
And another problem is that I had to reinstal Daz, and I just can't figure out whre my smart content is, it's empty.

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Load the scene with the character, make your further changes, and save it again.

Either CMS isn't running or you need to re-import metadata -- Content Library > Options menu > DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

• edited December 1969

Hi

I re-imported metadata, but Smart Content is still empty

edited December 1969

If you go to the Content Library pane, is there anything under Categories?

is_cms_running.jpg
    554 x 248 - 54K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you very much!

I found everything there, but how I bring skins, clothes, etc to Smart Content tab? It's a lot easier to handle with.
    And I can't find the Genesis basic figure, the folder People is empty. I searched Genesis and it didn't work too.

daz_01.jpg
    1012 x 541 - 58K
    edited December 1969

There's nothing in Smart Content, Categories, or Products because the Content Management Service (CMS) is either not running or blocked from communicating with DS4. What is your Operating System, and what security programs (antivirus, firewall) are you using?

• edited December 1969

In fact I've installed Avira some months ago. If it can be blocking, what I have to disable to do everthing work again?

edited December 1969

In fact I've installed Avira some months ago. If it can be blocking, what I have to disable to do everthing work again?

Is it just the antivirus, or the full suite?

If you look in Task Manager, Processes tab, at the bottom click "Show Processes from all users", does it show ContentManagementServer.exe running?