Does bake work?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ Studio 4.5.0.114 Pro 64bit - Windows

I use the smoothing modifier to deform meshes such as furniture against genesis figures. It works well for a single figure but the modifier cannot use two or more figures as collision items. So I tried to bake the deformations into the furniture but the bake smoothed morphs does not add a morph to the furniture.

So does bake work at all?

Can a mesh be deformed by more than one figure?

Thanks for any help on this

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

FlyerX said:

Can a mesh be deformed by more than one figure?

Thanks for any help on this

Not in the sense you are thinking of...

I can think of a couple of ways to do it...one would be with magnets. Another would be to create a couple primative spheres, position and size them to correspond to the posteriors of the seated figures, then connect them with a cylinder, 'weld' the whole mess into a single item, then turn it invisible and use it as the deforming item. If you wanted to be a little more 'elegant' with that approach you could use a modelling app (Hexagon, Blender, etc) and chain together copies of the seated figures's behinds...

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply. Just what I would think it was going to be needed. I wonder what bake does then.

Unfortunately magnets are out of the question since they do not really work reliably.