I can't use the program

edited December 1969 in New Users

I used the Poser 7.0 to animate and create characters, my Pc was formatted and I wanted try new alts, then I read about Daz and it seemed awesome, and more being free. But now I'm disappointed: I download the program yesterday, and I can't do anything with it still (I don't know if it has limited time). I checked tutorials, but when I am in the Daz Studio, I don't have a doll alike I watch in the videos. It seems I don't have nothing in my libreries, haven't a basic doll even to animate it. I think if the user has to purchase the basic dummy, they should say it. Now it's only a space occupied uselessly in my Pc... I hope someone answer my question about what I can to do to use the program, but for my experience in forums.... I go to dust my poser DVD

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Did you download and install the Essentials file too? That's where the Genesis figure is and other files as well.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I used the Poser 7.0 to animate and create characters, my Pc was formatted and I wanted try new alts, then I read about Daz and it seemed awesome, and more being free. But now I'm disappointed: I download the program yesterday, and I can't do anything with it still (I don't know if it has limited time). I checked tutorials, but when I am in the Daz Studio, I don't have a doll alike I watch in the videos. It seems I don't have nothing in my libreries, haven't a basic doll even to animate it. I think if the user has to purchase the basic dummy, they should say it. Now it's only a space occupied uselessly in my Pc... I hope someone answer my question about what I can to do to use the program, but for my experience in forums.... I go to dust my poser DVD

First of all, did you 'buy' DAZ Studio 4 Pro from the store and go through the checkout?

If you did, as AtticAnne says, you have to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentis file as well, it contains the content.

The program is the FULL version, and is not limited in any way. The program as downloaded is the Standard version, and you will need to enter the Pro serial number which you will find in your 'My Account' area under Available Serial codes. We prefer to call them figures, as opposed to dolls or dummies.

Does that help you?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You can call me a dummy though... I won't mind...honest. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    You can call me a dummy though... I won't mind...honest. :)
    You in the right thread?
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL Probably not...so you see I am not wrong.

• edited December 1969

oh thanks for all; yes, Genesis Esencials were the problem. I just downloaded it.... Now I have my Library and figure, then I'll make my "Oppa Gangnam Style" animation XD. Did you think that should use my powers for good? Thanks a lot