*SOLVED thankyou* - Nothing but problems all the way

GravitonasCovenGravitonasCoven Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in New Users

Hi,
today I finally installed absolutely ALL files from Daz I've bought since January. Hadn't done so until now, because of a defect computer. Now I'm with a brand new, big one, which is good for this kind of thing.

BUT - despite having installed each and every file downloaded, I can't work with the program.

Channels are missing, messages like "no importer for the file format can be found", basically every time I want to try something with this program, "something" is missing so it can't be carried out.

its all very frustrating, since besides downloading the free programs, I've by now also spent quite a lot of my hard earnt money to buy further installations for this program, but nothing works..

using the help and guide files are no help for me at all, they are clearly made for people who have some sort of knowledge within this type of graphical programs, because to me, its like reading russian!!

- karina

Post edited by GravitonasCoven on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry are you wanting help or just having a moan. :)

We are here to help if you want.

What are your exact issues. Is it the software or are you just not understanding the program becauase of being new to it?

What Fornat were you trying to import?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Channels are missing, messages like “no importer for the file format can be found”, basically every time I want to try something with this program, “something” is missing so it can’t be carried out.

The No Importer message happens when you have installed the Genesis Starter Essentials file which contains Genesis in the DUF file format. You are using a version before that format was initialised, and so the files wont open. The DUF format only works in DS 4.5 and above, it looks like you are using one of the previous versions, but you have installed the latest Genesis file which is intended for DS 4.5

The cure is to either update to 4.5.0.114, or uninstall, and reinstall your current version, making sure not to install anything other than the main installer (which contains Genesis anyway)

• GravitonasCovenGravitonasCoven Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, I'm sorry for not being clearer.

ofcourse I would like help to get this incredible program working.

the problem WAS that a stack of the files and paths that are needed for the program to load, were missing when I opened the program, so the program wouldn't even open up properly,but started of by telling me that those things were missing and most likely won't run properly. Then I clicked okay to see how much it then COULD do with the few things that do work, and it wouldn't load people, nature, figures, anything, only a dreamcatcher or what it is, in assecories.

Then my smart-ass husband says: have you tried to restart the computer.

No I hadn't, but did so. And voila, everything suddenly worked.

So I guess that from all the downloading and installing, there was not enough memory to make it all work properly.

So let this be a lesson for other beginners - a re-start of the machine can work wonders.

Thankyou for listening.

- Karina

edited December 1969

I must say though - I still can't install the DS3 animate 2 program, nor the DS3 DazScript development kits.

the error messages there are: sorry, the installation path for Daz3 Studio could not be found

edited December 1969

Excellent news thanks for reporting back.

Karina could you do us a small favour and add "(Solved)" to the title of this post please.

If you have other questions about the software we have more info in this section of the forum.

edited October 2012

I must say though - I still can't install the DS3 animate 2 program, nor the DS3 DazScript development kits.

the error messages there are: sorry, the installation path for Daz3 Studio could not be found

That is beacuse there are for DS3 only. You didn't say in your first post which version and I presumed (sorry) that you are using DS4.5
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

I'll add Solved, certainly.

edited December 1969

Cheers

• malcolm jacobsmalcolm jacobs Posts: 107
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    today I finally installed absolutely ALL files from Daz I've bought since January. Hadn't done so until now, because of a defect computer. Now I'm with a brand new, big one, which is good for this kind of thing.

BUT - despite having installed each and every file downloaded, I can't work with the program.

Channels are missing, messages like "no importer for the file format can be found", basically every time I want to try something with this program, "something" is missing so it can't be carried out.

its all very frustrating, since besides downloading the free programs, I've by now also spent quite a lot of my hard earnt money to buy further installations for this program, but nothing works..

using the help and guide files are no help for me at all, they are clearly made for people who have some sort of knowledge within this type of graphical programs, because to me, its like reading russian!!

- karina

dear Karina, i'm having all sorts of little problems with daz, and i did exactly the same thing as you,
    the problem i have is finding stuff and getting it to work.
    i really want to find the solution because i think it's an amazing program.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello Malmaoo

If you are having problems, please start a new thread in this forum (New Users), and I'm sure we can help you.

Tell us what Operating System you are using, and what version of DAZ Studio (Help > About DAZ Studio will give you the number).

Explain what itmes you are having problems with, and where you are looking (Content Library, Smart Content, Categories etc).

• malcolm jacobsmalcolm jacobs Posts: 107
    edited December 1969

thank you for your help,
    i will take your advice
    best wishes