Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

What is a Hundres? Like a Huntress? Me thinks so.

Or maybe it's a Hun's Dress. Oh that could be cool too for $1.99

er.jpg
    349 x 272 - 23K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Why do you want to take away the excitement of the PC sale? Sure, the complete list of items to qualify for the Buy It All could be listed, with prices, on the first day of the sale. Then we could just buy it in one big bundle and BAM, the sale would be over. Then the bitching and moaning would start about nothing new appearing for the rest of the month.

I have very little money to spend on 3D right now. That doesn't stop me from checking the store and forums to see what's new in the sale today and wondering if the special item I want will show up.

I like the way the sale is organized and spread throughout the month. Of course it's not exactly like last year or the year before or the year before that. Are you? Are you still dressed in the exact same clothes you had on last year? Are you the same age?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I see the Sadie and Sam stuff in the New Releases category. But it still doesn't remember that I want to see 60 items per page! Yes, I am logged in. No, I'm not going to clear my cache and cookies again! I just rebooted earlier tonight. This browser is set to clear them when it shuts down.

Dana

That could be the problem. Preferences for this sort of thing are usually stored in cookies, so if you clear cookies when you shut down, it won't remember your preferences when you restart it.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Why do you want to take away the excitement of the PC sale? Sure, the complete list of items to qualify for the Buy It All could be listed, with prices, on the first day of the sale. Then we could just buy it in one big bundle and BAM, the sale would be over. Then the bitching and moaning would start about nothing new appearing for the rest of the month.

The problem is, we don't even know if anything currently in the store is on the list at all. We don't know if we should have bought things.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Why do you want to take away the excitement of the PC sale? Sure, the complete list of items to qualify for the Buy It All could be listed, with prices, on the first day of the sale.

I don't think anyone wants the list ahead of time, they just want to have an up to date list of what has been released that qualifies. Thats not asking to much at all.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, LordHardDriven.

Check the new Sales and Promotions page, everyone! Looks like Members Choice winners will be $1.99 after all! http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

Thanks, DAZ!

Thanks, DAZ, too! I wasn't going to be able to afford any of the Members Choice winners, since I'm having to restrict my purchases only to what I need. But at this price I'll be able to buy them now, and I'll happily give you my money. :-)

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

By now, in the last 7 PC Anniversary sales I was part of, I had bought things and was excitedly looking forward to the next cool thing in the month. I was planning my renewal because in the last several years we got payback vouchers and $30 renewal vouchers and packages of cool stuff as an incentive to renew. In earlier years, we got to choose from or were given packs of freebies (many of which I had, but there were always some I didn't). I was saving my pennies for what I knew would be a bunch of very cool "PC Priced for a day" member choice items. This year. no renewal incentive. One freebie a week (yes, that's nice, and I am appreciative of that). Member's choice sale that is only going to give us about the same price on the items (most of which were part of the member choice sale in the last several years anyway) as Fastgrab pricing. First time ever I haven't even bothered to vote. Most of the specials are only for people who get lucky or have a lot to spend. Not for ALL the PC members. The only thing other than the freebie that makes me smile at all so far is the half price PC items that are going on, so I may spend a few dollars there. But that type of sale DOES happen at other times of the year, too, so it's nice, but not SPECIAL.

I'm sad. I'm truly sad and I miss Daz..

I don't know about you, Alisa, but one of the simple things I miss is the "Bonus10" coupon. Remember they used to set up a category of things we could chose ten items from, use the coupon, and get the lot of free? I liked those a lot, because it gave me an active role in choosing my loot (stuff that I knew I could use). Simple? Yes, but I liked it. Did people gripe about it? Sure, some did. You can't please everybody all the time.

I started out in Poserverse in late 2005. I've been a Platinum Club member for nearly all that time and most of it was as an annual subscriber (though I did a short stint on monthly). This year, I'm not seeing any reason to renew early during the October anniversary festivities like I usually do. As a Poser user, this sale isn't offering me much incentive to shop. I may pick up some .99 cent items, if there's generation 3 and 4 clothing in any of the categories... But, otherwise, it's kind a bust. Since I'm a Poser user, I see no sense in "Buying it all" to get what's being offered as incentive (not that I could afford to buy it all anyway). It would have been nice if they'd thrown in a little something that a Poser user could appreciate into the the Buy It All offer (like maybe your choice of one of the Generation 4 Pro Bundles). They could also knock a few dollars off of renewal for the duration of the anniversary sale. I don't see it' happening, but it might be a way to extend the Poser-using PC members that are interested in staying in the PC.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

I think the 50% off means 50% and 40% off of that, which equals 70% off. (They did something like this before.) This morning a lot of the Daz Original hair is 70% off and some of the shoes. :cheese:

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Why do you want to take away the excitement of the PC sale? Sure, the complete list of items to qualify for the Buy It All could be listed, with prices, on the first day of the sale.

I don't think anyone wants the list ahead of time, they just want to have an up to date list of what has been released that qualifies. Thats not asking to much at all.

I believe you have gotten your wish. Go to the sale page and they now have a category for the Buy all option.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

The worst requirement of that year was the day you had to buy the Toon Generations Bundle at around $50. Which I did though. Although I almost wished I hadn't later because so many people complained about having to buy a high priced bundle to stay in the Buy It All bonus that later that day they announced you no longer had to buy that bundle to stay in the running for the Buy It All bonus.

sorry but I loled at your story. Thanks for sharing.

No problem, I lol at it myself now, back then though, not so much. :)

edited December 1969

I hate "buy it all"s and object to ever participating in them. I don't need more stuff I won't use, so i'd rather just buy what i need. If I need S5 I'll get her down the road some day.

But so far this year they haven't released enough items to scare me away. I haven't purchased anything yet, but at the rate things are going it's hard to say how much stuff is really going to be involved.

Well again back to my 2010 Buy it All experience, the ALL wasn't really that much, many days it was just one item that was fairly deeply discounted. I can't remember the total number of items but it was right around 2 dozen.

edited December 1969

Sprinkles said:
    I am confused as to what exactly they want us to buy, so far apart from the Halloween stuff most of which I either have or don’t want I can’t see anything.

This explains the lack of hype though, they knew it was going to start with a fizzle not a bang.

Big banners little action, so far nothing to tempt me to renew my PC membership especially after the way the voucher has changed.

Well I'm guessing the site isn't helping. What I mean by that is if you go straight to the new releases page you see the items from two or three days ago but if you go to the "shop" page you'll see Sam and Sadie Stuff for Genesis. So depending on how you navigate you might not even be aware of what's available as far as new items. In the one I keep mentioning in 2010 not only did they put every day's buy it all items in a forum post highlighting the new items each day but they also had a special sales & Promotion Page that kept a running total of all the Buy It All Items. That's what's really puzzling about what I'm hearing from customers about this year, they're mostly complaining about not knowing what is what and Daz already knows from past experience how to avoid that.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    AtticAnne said:

I believe you have gotten your wish. Go to the sale page and they now have a category for the Buy all option.

Nice. Not so much my wish as I won't participate in this kind of promo. But great for those who might.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Second, the “new” store section is broken. Nothign new has shown up in almost a week, and now there’s the new Sadie and Sam stuff, but not new on the front page.

Errr... I'm getting new stuff shown just fine? Sam and Sadie are there too? Two screencaps from New Releases page and "Shop" page.

Apparently not everyone is getting the same things. In my case on the page in your first picture that's exactly what I see but the page in your second picture, for me, doesn't show any of the Sam/Sadie stuff, I even tried refreshing the page. I didn't try deleting any cookies or dumping my cache though because if it comes to that then in my opinion something needs to be fixed on the server side. I shouldn't have to clean my cache every day.

edited December 1969

Anyone know if the 10 random winners will be announced or anything? This week is almost over and I haven't heard anything about free orders or 10 months subscriptions. Based on how big my carts tend to buy I'd prefer the subscription myself...My last cart was $4.30 and the two before that were $0 lol.

At first when the MoonGate first came out it was $1.99 and when i ordered it it went down to zero. I thought at first I was one of the winners and cried a bit. Could you imagine you got a free cart on a $2 order?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

*sigh* No notifications for the thread again :(

Thank you Daz for switching the Members Choice back to the $1.99 like in previous years! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I think this is a perfect point to post a kitten.

Just because. Plus, it is scientifically proven that looking at baby animals makes people more productive.

mew.jpg
    422 x 660 - 49K
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Just because. Plus, it is scientifically proven that looking at baby animals makes people more productive.

Wooo! Such a cute little kitty! I would take it immediately - but my dog would be against it... ;-)

edited December 1969

Wooo! Such a cute little kitty! I would take it immediately - but my dog would be against it... ;-)

But looking at the kitty DOES make you feel better, right? %-P

Nurse! Extra kittens needed!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Why is this soo cute.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

But looking at the kitty DOES make you feel better, right? %-P

Nurse! Extra kittens needed!

I had to download the picture!!! So cute! Makes me want to pet it right away.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Again with the no notifications. *headdesk*

Also, any word on what is needed for the buy it all so far? We've had about a week, what is necessary?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Sunfire said:

Also, any word on what is needed for the buy it all so far? We've had about a week, what is necessary?

This is the official list: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/buy-it-all-bonus/ (you can access it through the Sales & Promotions page).

I'm wondering, though, whether any of today's new releases and/or the Members Choice winners should be on it...

I don't bother with notifications at all...too uncertain, and even if they're working perfectly, they just clog my inbox. Instead, I click on my profile and then on "view all posts by this member" for a list of threads, in chronological order by most recent post.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

Go to the Platinum Anniversary Sale page in the store, there is a link to a cathegory with Buy It All items. If you don´t see it, it might be cache problems, so make hard refresh Ctrl + F5.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

I have one of those. Do not be deceived by the angelic looks, he is Pussifer, spawn of Basement Cat. Before you know it you will be enslaved and driven to the brink of madness. Then pushed right over while he stands there purring up a storm (so as to drown the screams of his helpless victims) and doing the "aren't I just the most adorable thing ever now give me more kitty treats and ear scritches please?" thing. Be strong, resist the temptation .... ooh! Fuzzy!

edited December 1969

Thank you all. So far this year it looks like the buy it all may not put people in the poor house. Which is a good thing. :)

edited December 1969

Well, if they release 4 items per week, 2 dollars each... 8 dollars times four weeks... 32 dollars, thereabouts.

But that's a big IF. ;)

edited October 2012

Skiriki said:
    Well, if they release 4 items per week, 2 dollars each... 8 dollars times four weeks... 32 dollars, thereabouts.

But that's a big IF. ;)

I think things will pick up....now way they are going to let those bundles slip away THAT cheap. Actually maybe they would I did get M5 pro bundle for 22 dollars during a sale. So nevermind what I said.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Plus the cross over items which will bring the cost up.