Dynamic items

TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi hi. As silly as this might sound to the experts here, I got no clue as how to use dynamic clothing items. If anyone can please show me how, I'd be most obliged. :D

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited October 2012

What software is this for, DS4 or Poser, or something else, and is it for DAZ Studio Dynamic clothing?

EDIT:

If it is the DS dyanmic clothing, have a look here and see if it helps:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothctrl/overview

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

As a note, your figures must be set to 100% scale or the clothing will play up bad

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

For DAZ Studio, you need a version of the optitex dynamic clothing plugin, and you need clothing created to work with it (will have Optitex listed as one of the PAs who made).

For Poser (a program I don't have), my understanding is that you need a piece of clothing in obj or cr2 form, then you take it into the "cloth room" and turn it dynamic.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    For DAZ Studio, you need a version of the optitex dynamic clothing plugin, and you need clothing created to work with it (will have Optitex listed as one of the PAs who made).

For Poser (a program I don't have), my understanding is that you need a piece of clothing in obj or cr2 form, then you take it into the "cloth room" and turn it dynamic.

Daz 4.5 comes with the basic dynamic plugin, which is what I use currently... But the optitex dynamic clothing plugin you can buy I hear is exceptionally good. Many many options and controls.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    As a note, your figures must be set to 100% scale or the clothing will play up bad

Not necessarily. The issue is that scaling a figure to other than 100% doesn't move the clothing to match the new higher or lower positions of limbs and you get immediate collisions at places like the armpits while the arms may be completely outside the sleeves, which dynamics has problems correcting. The solution is to shift, scale or otherwise move the dynamics to minimize the issues before doing the drape. Doing this I've successfully fitted V4 dynamic clothing to Miki 2, who is smaller (and has an incompatible rig), and to Troll who is larger. I even STR someone even getting a decent-ish fit on the Mil-Dragon. If you want a significantly smaller or larger fit then you can also start off at 100% and gradually shift to the final size during an animated drape.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Here are some DAZ video tutorials on using dynamic clothing

DAZ 3D - Dynamic Clothing UI Overview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHWsD7Km2z4

DAZ 3D - Dynamic Clothing Animation Tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbAE2Hy168

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:

Not quite. CR2 are figures - conforming clothing. You can make some of them into dynamic clothing, but they have to be exported and turned into OBJs first (and it doesn't always work). A beginner is much better off using clothing that was designed to be dynamic to begin with.

Dynamic clothing for Poser is a prop - PP2 file. Generally, you will find it in the Props section of your library.