is this a forum or a place where we all say goodbye? i've read the last 5 posts only things about...

1235»

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    We should probably start a thread saying "Hey Daz... I'm staying" LOL
    rofl...I'll bite.

Hey Daz, you're stuck with me I'm staying! lol

Someone got there before you lol :coolsmirk: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8106/

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Pendraia said:
    We should probably start a thread saying "Hey Daz... I'm staying" LOL
    rofl...I'll bite.

Hey Daz, you're stuck with me I'm staying! lol

Someone got there before you lol :coolsmirk: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8106/Lol...you mean this isn't the thread ! I guess I'll have to find a moderator to shift my post....; ). :coolgrin:
  • roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    What perplexes me is people have been saying they're leaving pretty much since Genesis was announced, but if anyone elsewhere creates a new figure that's incompatible with Studio, then there's a flurry of praise for their innovation. I can't help thinking DAZ have to work twice as hard to get half the praise.

Well, in all fairness, people have virtually stopped using Poser altogether because of one figure (or platform, or whatever the heck Genesis is). And as far as I know, it was DAZ's choice not to adopt some of the new rigging techniques developed by Poser. How come no one's demanding that DAZ include those new techniques in Studio so you can use the new figures you say won't work? Quid Pro Quo.

I don't use "old Poser" characters because they look like crap. I don't use "new Poser" characters because I've become spoiled with auto-fit. It just takes too much effort (in comparison) to clothe a "Poser" or Gen4 character any more. Every time I bring in V4, then morph her, the clothes all go to hell. At that point I decide that in the time it would take to just "fix" the pokethru I could have a Genesis loaded, morphed, posed, haired, clothed, positioned, and working on the next Genesis in the frame.

Why would I ask for adding more work to my day? I'd more likely ask the Poser Only character creators to create a Genesis version. But you know what? I'm not interested in causing angsty threads at Rendo or RDNA to ask for them. I'll do without rather than cause undue strife over a 3D character. Besides, it wouldn't be that hard to make a Genesis clone of just about any figure with just a few dials. Alexa is becoming a pro at that very thing.

I agree, Poser gives me all sorts of fits when it comes to hair and clothing. I have spent hours trying to get the fit correct. With daz and auto fit, things fit together quite nicely with very little, if any, additional work. I would love to be able to use poser like I do with daz studio, but I cannot. Daz studio is the software for me at this time.

Kendall

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    What perplexes me is people have been saying they're leaving pretty much since Genesis was announced, but if anyone elsewhere creates a new figure that's incompatible with Studio, then there's a flurry of praise for their innovation. I can't help thinking DAZ have to work twice as hard to get half the praise.

Doncha just love double standards?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    DWG said:

Doncha just love double standards?

Well - I think that is those peoples way to stick their tongue at Daz.

No, it is not sensible to "like" a company.
    But many Dazzers felt like that.
    Now those, that can't use Genesis (or only with jumping through hoops, yes I do have Cliff Bowman's tutorial), feel betrayed.
    It's not logic, it's feelings ...

(read my signature, please)