What a Bargain

ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If anyone is interested, I found you a bargain.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/14551/

Look quick because this thread will be removed.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Are you sure about that.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Thanks!! I just managed to buy four them before they went out of stock!... I was really sold on the product description!

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I wishlisted it, just in case it comes back into stock.
    Fingers crossed!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I see it has a load of files named 'asdf', I have scenes with that name - coincidence? - spooky I call it!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

For that price I am sold. Definate purchase. I bought it just for the description alone. Sold me instantly:)

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

I am undecided. Could someone, please, post a render of it so I can see how it looks? I would hate to miss this at 40% off if I like it.

Thanks!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Wow, that is a bargain! But I'll bet it's Genesis-only and won't work on a Mac.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Wow, that is a bargain! But I'll bet it's Genesis-only and won't work on a Mac.

No, it's guaranteed to work just as well on V4 on a Mac as it does on Genesis on a PC.

edited December 1969

Which in Poser on whatever means your mileage may vary and it ain't our fault if it blows something up. ;-)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

But will it work in this 3D app from 1992, which is for MS-DOS?

edited December 1969

I think you'll need an emulator for that.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I think you'll need an emulator for that.

Wat, nowai. It totally needs to work in it as-is.

edited December 1969

But it's only an extra click. Once you sacrifice 3 nekkid Vickies (with certificates of "Virtual Virginity" a.k.a. the no-gen versions) to the Genesis Sabbatic Goat on a Bryce altar (must be spherical over water) in the Temple of StoneMason using a vorpal blade while chanting "DazS**nDazS**nDazS**n backwards in Klingon standing on one foot and waving a Noggins chicken (or one of EmperorKen's Ostriches if you can't find the chicken) during the Hunter's Moon On A Certain Night somewhere in the Jungle Ruins.

Oh, and don't forget to divide by zero and reboot the universe immediately after. Otherwise the Dark Apocalypse will happen due to Cthulhu Rising and not even Stephanie 5 in the Supersuit, the M4 Cyborg AND The Original Freak in a pink tutu will be able to save the day.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    If anyone is interested, I found you a bargain.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/14551/

Guess this is one of those cases where you really appreciate the 30 day money back guarantee...

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

I guess now that it's hit the store, I can reveal that I was a beta tester in the Test Product Beta Product Test Test Product Test. The Test Product is just awesome. It will revolutionize the way you work, change the way you think, put a spring in your step, a sparkle in your eye, a song in your heart and a bun in your oven. It will give you fresher breath, smoother skin, stronger hair and nails, a full, glossy coat, and the confidence of a twenty-five-year old. A twenty-five-year-old what? I'm not sure, but there it is anyway.

It enlarges, it shrinks, it reduces, it increases. It is 128-bit, 4D, hi-def, low-slung, PC-compatible, user-friendly, super-stereo, giant, pocket-size, discreet, ostentatious, new and improved. You'll wonder how you did without it, and now you have it, you'll wonder what you're going to do with it. Or what it's going to do with you.

Trust me, you want this one. And at that price, they're practically giving it away.

For more details, please see here.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    I guess now that it's hit the store, I can reveal that I was a beta tester in the Test Product Beta Product Test Test Product Test. The Test Product is just awesome. It will revolutionize the way you work, change the way you think, put a spring in your step, a sparkle in your eye, a song in your heart and a bun in your oven. It will give you fresher breath, smoother skin, stronger hair and nails, a full, glossy coat, and the confidence of a twenty-five-year old. A twenty-five-year-old what? I'm not sure, but there it is anyway.

It enlarges, it shrinks, it reduces, it increases. It is 128-bit, 4D, hi-def, low-slung, PC-compatible, user-friendly, super-stereo, giant, pocket-size, discreet, ostentatious, new and improved. You'll wonder how you did without it, and now you have it, you'll wonder what you're going to do with it. Or what it's going to do with you.

Trust me, you want this one. And at that price, they're practically giving it away.

I am devastated that it is out of stock. Missed the train big time :(

edited October 2012

You'll probably get another chance at it. Daz usually has ketchup around for the really popular items like Test Product. If not, just wait a month and they'll be giving it away free in a magazine. With a bundle of assorted poses and textures no doubt.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Best thread of the day. Daz should take this as a sign that:

A. their audience is bored
    B. We are busy bodies
    C. Know how to have a good laugh

But I'm curious, is this that much better than the 50cent test item I wishlisted yesterday? My wishlist is already kinda full and I've started limited how much I add so it doesn't implode again. I mean 128bit is pretty sweet. Reminds me of the Sega Dreamcast.

edited December 1969

But will it give us a Real World slider that allows us to dial our own body parts?

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    But will it give us a Real World slider that allows us to dial our own body parts?

erm That could hurt...

edited December 1969

The 50cent test item appears to be the LE version. Very few morphs and only one ho-hum texture. You need the full Test Product that comes with a gazillion morphs, nine-tenths of which are breast sizes ranging from "itsy bitsy teensy weensie" to "boobs the size of a planet" . And don't worry about the bikini not fitting when you dial those in, it comes with a temple and a sword that can be strategically positioned so as not to violate TOS.

edited December 1969

I think I just hurt something inside me by trying to suppress laughter.

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

angusm said:

If only the batteries were included I probably would have seen about a possible back order list.

"please see here" Perfect! :lol: enjoyed it :coolsmile:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I hate to tell you but this is just a re-release. The original looks better when rendered in DS2.3 and the price has to reflect all the work needed to update it for DS3, DS3A, DS4, DS4Pro, and DS4.5Pro. I have trouble rendering with Uber Surface Shader2 applied but the HSS shader still works fine. I'm thinking of asking for a refund any way, Sure it's nice but why put this up during the PC sale? I still want a few other items I will use more often. I just do not do this type of render that often.

edited October 2012

Batteries? What batteries? This thing runs on dilithium crystals and I know a guy who knows a guy on Proxima Centauri who's wife's third cousin twice removed from the gene pool has plenty of those. Dirt cheap too, just tell 'em Harry Mudd sent you. ;-)

@Jaderail: You need to reset your download. It's been fixed now. Compatible with all versions up to DS 9999999.5 (beta).

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 774
    edited December 1969

A mastur beta test!! Don't buy it now -- In a couple of months DAZ will give it away for free!! Don't expect any documentation, though.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited October 2012

A mastur beta test!! Don't buy it now -- In a couple of months DAZ will give it away for free!! Don't expect any documentation, though.

I hope not, I just purchased the last several hundred of them the other day and have been trying to sell 'em on ebay for double the price. So far no takers, but I feel lucky.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'm VERY disappointed that there are NOT other screen shots. I mean REALLY DAZ, REALLY?? Not getting a nickel out of me until I see more... Esp if there are nudes! :P

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Yeah, and we need to see what it looks like from the back!

Dana

• TrishaTrisha Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

But what was it? Whatever it was it's been taken down and the curiosity is KILLING ME!