Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited October 2012

Elgyfu said:
    *sigh*

I am already confused.

Where on earth are these 'you have to buy them all' things? I have no idea.

Yes! Can we get a list of items that we need to buy? Maybe a link to just those items? I open the platinum club items and sort by release date, but which ones are 'new releases'?

Post edited by DarthD on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    (silly time)
    Or they exist partly as computer files and partly as real items.

That would be a pretty sweet promotion: buy the 3D version of this outfit, and we'll ship you a physical copy that you can wear yourself!

I don't know about the "wear yourself" part. Can't see myself in high-heels or thongs. *BARF*

aahh that was the worst image I ever created in my mind.
    I think you'd look pretty hot in...What? You mean not everyone looks like their avatar? ;-)

Hmmm, if I looked like my avatar, I'd finally have hair again! The extra arms might be useful, too. I'm not sure about the double X-chromosome thing, though... ;-)

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    (silly time)
    Or they exist partly as computer files and partly as real items.

That would be a pretty sweet promotion: buy the 3D version of this outfit, and we'll ship you a physical copy that you can wear yourself!

I sure hope it would auto-fit.

edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    Elgyfu said:
    *sigh*

I am already confused.

Yes! Can we get a list of items that we need to buy? Maybe a link to just those items? I open the platinum club items and sort by release date, but which ones are 'new releases'?

Yes, a list of what is required for the buy-it-all bonus would be nice. I'm not clear on what crossover items are. I'm assuming you have to buy all the new PC items that come out during the month; beyond that, I'm a but unclear on the whole thing. I wouldn't mind getting the S5 pro bundle, but if I have to buy a bunch of stuff I don't really want, it would be better to just buy the bundle.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

And I still don't get why the discussion of the PC sale was moved to the Commons...

Presumably so non members can see it, become excited, and become members to take advantage of the deals. At this rate though, for this former member who is now a non member, all this discussion thread is doing is making me grateful they didn't offer any enrollment incentives.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    DarthD said:
    Elgyfu said:
    *sigh*

I am already confused.

Yes, a list of what is required for the buy-it-all bonus would be nice. I'm not clear on what crossover items are. I'm assuming you have to buy all the new PC items that come out during the month; beyond that, I'm a but unclear on the whole thing. I wouldn't mind getting the S5 pro bundle, but if I have to buy a bunch of stuff I don't really want, it would be better to just buy the bundle.
    I'm not going to buy anything until we get some clarity on this. The 99c sale is nice, but I don't want to spend money on those things if Buy It All is within reach...I'd really like to get that S5 bundle. But if (as I suspect) it won't be feasible because there's just too much to buy, then I'd be sorry to miss out on some of the other deals.

The concept of crossover items certainly sounds interesting...just wish we knew more about what it entails.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited October 2012

riftwitch said:
    DarthD said:
    Elgyfu said:
    *sigh*

I am already confused.

I'm not going to buy anything until we get some clarity on this. The 99c sale is nice, but I don't want to spend money on those things if Buy It All is within reach...I'd really like to get that S5 bundle. But if (as I suspect) it won't be feasible because there's just too much to buy, then I'd be sorry to miss out on some of the other deals.

The concept of crossover items certainly sounds interesting...just wish we knew more about what it entails.

Well to give you a bit of hope, the last PC Anniversary "Buy It All" sale I was involved in was back in 2010 I believe. Now what is too much and what isn't is a subjective thing but speaking as someone who pays a mortgage, car loan, utilities, doctor bills, insurances etc on a total household income of under $1800 and still had enough left over to spend on 3D content I didn't find the "Buy It All" requirements to be prohibitive at all and as a result I got a free copy of Studio 4 Advanced although it was a tough choice between that and a free copy of Cararra 8. The worst requirement of that year was the day you had to buy the Toon Generations Bundle at around $50. Which I did though. Although I almost wished I hadn't later because so many people complained about having to buy a high priced bundle to stay in the Buy It All bonus that later that day they announced you no longer had to buy that bundle to stay in the running for the Buy It All bonus.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

The worst requirement of that year was the day you had to buy the Toon Generations Bundle at around $50. Which I did though. Although I almost wished I hadn't later because so many people complained about having to buy a high priced bundle to stay in the Buy It All bonus that later that day they announced you no longer had to buy that bundle to stay in the running for the Buy It All bonus.

sorry but I loled at your story. Thanks for sharing.

edited December 1969

I hate "buy it all"s and object to ever participating in them. I don't need more stuff I won't use, so i'd rather just buy what i need. If I need S5 I'll get her down the road some day.

But so far this year they haven't released enough items to scare me away. I haven't purchased anything yet, but at the rate things are going it's hard to say how much stuff is really going to be involved.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well it says this:

Buy ALL of the Platinum Club new releases and cross-over items throughout the month and get your choice of Victoria 5, Michael 5, or Stephanie 5 Pro Bundles FREE

Breaking it down when it comes to relevant parts:

1) All
    2) Platinum Club
    3) new
    4) releases and their cross-over items (so if they release Dragon Tickler prop set, and also Iguana Wrangler textures for it, you gotta get both)
    5) throughout the month

So I imagine that "Halloween Category" items do not fit definition of "new", seeing how they're old.

If this holds true, the items that fit the bill so far:
    Atrophy
    Parkside Heath
    Forlorn for Parkside Point Interior
    Nocturnal for Onyx Female

And just to be on safe side, pick the freebies too, heck they're free:
    Pickup Dred
    Moon Gate

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Huh. I'm confused when the ad says Daz Originals are gona be 50% off, and most of them say 40% off on the site. I guess it DID say "limited time only" I guess it's over already?

• edited December 1969

I am confused as to what exactly they want us to buy, so far apart from the Halloween stuff most of which I either have or don’t want I can’t see anything.

This explains the lack of hype though, they knew it was going to start with a fizzle not a bang.

Big banners little action, so far nothing to tempt me to renew my PC membership especially after the way the voucher has changed.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

First I am STILL BEGGING DAZ TO fix PC member's MISSING ACCOUNT DATA. Not all members are missing their PC membership data but a LOT are. How can we POSSIBLY be expected to participate in the membership sales if we don't even know our own membership details??? FIX IT PRONTO!!!!

Second, the "new" store section is broken. Nothign new has shown up in almost a week, and now there's the new Sadie and Sam stuff, but not new on the front page.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Second, the “new” store section is broken. Nothign new has shown up in almost a week, and now there’s the new Sadie and Sam stuff, but not new on the front page.

Errr... I'm getting new stuff shown just fine? Sam and Sadie are there too? Two screencaps from New Releases page and "Shop" page.

new_releases.png
    1244 x 905 - 889K
    shop_page.png
    973 x 746 - 848K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

twalling said:
    Huh. I'm confused when the ad says Daz Originals are gona be 50% off, and most of them say 40% off on the site. I guess it DID say "limited time only" I guess it's over already?

No, I think the 50% off will be whatever Daz Originals get voted most for in the Member's Choice thread. At least that's the impression I got when somebody else brought it up. Which, if that's actually the case, makes me go 'meh" instead of "yippee!"
    But I'm an old fart and already have all the stuff on current ballot so it takes a lot these days to get me excited.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

I see the Sadie and Sam stuff in the New Releases category. But it still doesn't remember that I want to see 60 items per page! Yes, I am logged in. No, I'm not going to clear my cache and cookies again! I just rebooted earlier tonight. This browser is set to clear them when it shuts down.

Dana

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well it says this:

Buy ALL of the Platinum Club new releases and cross-over items throughout the month and get your choice of Victoria 5, Michael 5, or Stephanie 5 Pro Bundles FREE

1) All
    2) Platinum Club
    3) new
    4) releases and their cross-over items (so if they release Dragon Tickler prop set, and also Iguana Wrangler textures for it, you gotta get both)
    5) throughout the month

So I imagine that "Halloween Category" items do not fit definition of "new", seeing how they're old.

Atrophy
    Parkside Heath

Pickup Dred
    Moon Gate

Thank you for posting that, I think we have said it before but its good to keep it up where people can see it.

• ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well it says this:

1) All
    2) Platinum Club
    3) new
    5) throughout the month

Atrophy
    Parkside Heath

Pickup Dred
    Moon Gate

Thank you for posting that, I think we have said it before but its good to keep it up where people can see it.

I really hope that's correct because it's a great deal. In the past they've released six PC items a week. If they do another release on Halloween that will be five weeks or 30 items. At a $1.99 that makes $59.70 spent to get a Pro bundle. Not too bad.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Lars, your Avatar has an Real Life Avatar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmtZsr8FfA&feature=relmfu

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well it says this:

1) All
    2) Platinum Club
    3) new
    5) throughout the month

Atrophy
    Parkside Heath

Pickup Dred
    Moon Gate

If you scroll down here there is a list of new items. I know that I initially didn't think to scroll so I missed it but it has been there for a while now.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/

edited December 1969

Lars, your Avatar has an Real Life Avatar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmtZsr8FfA&feature=relmfu

that was scary! I'm still not hip on the cool vibe known as Vocaloid.

*sob* *sob* My avatar is a catgirl not a j-pop star *sob* *sob*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Second, the “new” store section is broken. Nothign new has shown up in almost a week, and now there’s the new Sadie and Sam stuff, but not new on the front page.

Errr... I'm getting new stuff shown just fine? Sam and Sadie are there too? Two screencaps from New Releases page and "Shop" page.

That's weird. i want to see that stuff but it does not show up for me. :(

edited October 2012

Thanks, LordHardDriven.

Check the new Sales and Promotions page, everyone! Looks like Members Choice winners will be $1.99 after all! http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

Thanks, DAZ!

Edited to add: another heads-up...some recent DAZ Originals are 70% off right now. Not sure why, but check your wishlist!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

That's weird. i want to see that stuff but it does not show up for me. :(

Site has been having some caching problems (again...). Refresh and/or clear cache and cookies, and they'll probably show up. I hope.

• judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

I've found that refreshing doesn't always work, but pressing F5 does. I see they've completely changed the intro page for the PC Anniversary - much better now!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

You can force a refresh by holding CTRL and pressing F5. Works for me.

edited December 1969

its working for me now but didnt for a few days.

Still want daz to tell me about my PC membership info. :(

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited October 2012

So they Still haven't fixed the Grace period/Manual renewal...

This is outrageous.

I'm sorry, but right now I'm working 50 hrs at my main job plus a part time job through Halloween. I do not have the time to futz with a site glitches. This was a promised fix 2 months ago...

It's been in beta this long?

Post edited by Lilliana on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

judee3d said:
    I've found that refreshing doesn't always work, but pressing F5 does. I see they've completely changed the intro page for the PC Anniversary - much better now!

Thank you for the f5...

This has been very irritating, beyond what I can describe with polite language. I have been having problems seeing what is on sale this whole time, I keep getting the PA page, clearing the cache not only wasn't working but was also upsetting because I don't necessarily want to clear my cache. Having a website that 'requires constant clearing of cache' is just unacceptable.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

judee3d said:
    I see they've completely changed the intro page for the PC Anniversary - much better now!

I noticed the change, but I also noticed that they dropped a number of items from the initial page. Does that mean those items are no longer going to be part of the PC "celebration" sale?