agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
edited October 2012 in The Commons

In case nobody has noticed, SADIE IS IN THE STORE! :D

Alexa :)

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Do you have a link pleas, she isn't coming up under New realeases.

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Thank you.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Can anyone who gets this show me a shot of the toon teeth that are included? If they are what I need, I don't mind paying for the character - hell, #DU does great toon stuff and I know I'll be able to use them, but the mention of the teeth is VERY well timed for some stuff I have to do.

edited October 2012

Ikyoto said:
    Can anyone who gets this show me a shot of the toon teeth that are included? If they are what I need, I don't mind paying for the character - hell, #DU does great toon stuff and I know I'll be able to use them, but the mention of the teeth is VERY well timed for some stuff I have to do.

Does this help? :)

Sadie-toon-teeth4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 231K
    Sadie-toon-teeth3.jpg
    430 x 348 - 25K
    Sadie-toon-teeth2.jpg
    509 x 447 - 27K
    Sadie-toon-teeth.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

Perfect - that's what I needed to see!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Looks kinda like amy's teeth which are useful too.

Anyone know if the head morph can be used alone? I don't think i saw it on the product page.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I would have liked to get this, but I'm not using 4.5 yet. Ah well I think I prefer the older version anyway.

edited October 2012

Anyone know if the head morph can be used alone? I don't think i saw it on the product page.

Yes, she and Sam both come with a separate head morph. ;)

The render below is Sadie head, with Jasmin's skin texture, body, and hair.

Alexa ;)

Sadie-head-morph.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 122K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Gonna wait a few days on this one but its definitely something I want!

Great job Steve! :D

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I don't use Genesis and I don't do toon renders, but that Sam sure is cute. :)

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Day one purchase for me. :) Hopefully i'll have a chance to play with 'em later.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Take a look at 3DU's own site thread about the pair - http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2228

I

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Alexa ;)

Thanks much!

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I was a little dissapointed, 'cause I have expected at least one BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam AND the Hair, maybe another BUNDLE with Sadie and Sam, the Hair and the clothing. Now we must pay for all parts seperate.

Anyway, why should'nt this month started like last one ended with an empty wallet.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Looking good! I might end up having a use for these.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Look! Sadie and Sam comes with AutoFit clones to fit Sadie and Sam clothes on Genesis!

ScreenShot003.jpg
    303 x 551 - 22K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

Look! Sadie and Sam comes with AutoFit clones to fit Sadie and Sam clothes on Genesis!

Yep...he mentioned that in the thread. Sad for me as I never bought them previously but for the long time sadie users a real bonus.

Thanks for the renders Alexa! Love the one mixed with Jasmin...

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

The AutoFit doesn't work well with Sadie Fae. The wings look like crap after fitting .:)

I have also some issues with the hair and the ears. Maybe I do something wrong here. Here's a mix of 100% Sadie for Genesis and 50% Mavka for Genesis (did you know other programs, where you can mix this characters together within# a few seconds)

Mavdie.jpg
    566 x 800 - 474K
    edited December 1969

The AutoFit doesn't work well with Sadie Fae. The wings look like crap after fitting .:)

I have also some issues with the hair and the ears. Maybe I do something wrong here. Here's a mix of 100% Sadie for Genesis and 50% Mavka for Genesis (did you know other programs, where you can mix this characters together within# a few seconds)

Hi Spanky...did you apply smoothing and play with the settings in the parameters. I like using the generic rather than basic shape smoothing modifier. I must admit that I don't understand what some of the settings actually do but playing with them I can generally improve most items. That said...I've also taken a few things into Hexagon and created adjustment morphs to fix a few problems.
    edited December 1969

Here is a render of Sam wearing Jason's hair and texture, and the Morphing Business Suit.

Alexa ;)

Sam-in-business.jpg
    331 x 713 - 76K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Any attempt to use auto-fit (either the automatic or manual application) for any form of wings has ended in an uuuuuuugly mess! Mainly, I suspect in that it will attempt to warp/warp the wings around the figure as best it can - which is not a thing you'd want for wings.

edited December 1969

Another render of Sadie, with her mermaid tail parented to her pelvis. I tried auto-fitting it, but it was no longer a tail after it was all said and done. :(

Sadie-mermaid.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 78K
  • TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Hair can be sort of similar to wings (etc) in that it will try to follow a morph (like Mavka) that should not really affect their shape. I mostly don't use a lot of long hair.......

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

Alexa ;)

That's really cute! It looks like the sale will be valid past my next payday, so I think I'll be picking this up.

edited December 1969

Another render of Sadie as a mermaid.

"What is this called again?"

It's called a dinglehopper, I think. ;)

Sadie-mermaid-fork.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 125K
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2012

I've done a few quick Toon Teens: 50% Sadie + 50% (adult toon female).

Here are Aiko 3, Aiko 4, Hitomi (regular and petite), and Jasmin.

sadie-jasmin.png
    648 x 899 - 207K
    sadie-hitomi-2.png
    648 x 899 - 200K
    sadie-hitomi-1.png
    648 x 899 - 200K
    sadie-aiko4.png
    648 x 899 - 200K
    sadie-aiko3.png
    648 x 899 - 185K
    Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,707
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

Poor girl, she only got two teeth... lol

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Any attempt to use auto-fit (either the automatic or manual application) for any form of wings has ended in an uuuuuuugly mess! Mainly, I suspect in that it will attempt to warp/warp the wings around the figure as best it can - which is not a thing you'd want for wings.
    Hi Simon...with stuff like that I sometimes try to parent them to the chest in the scene tab instead of autofitting...I've managed to use the wings for Mavka(forest fairy) that way.

Render using Sadie mixed with kiyoko and using the chablis texture

Sadie_chablis_texture_with_kiyoko_2.png
    1000 x 1414 - 920K
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Group portrait:

samsadiegroup.png
    648 x 899 - 589K