Blender 2.64 released!

michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Blender has just released it's new Blender 2.64. Improvements to it's VFX pipeline, sculpting tools and more . . .
http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-264/

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks for heads up.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the heads up, michaeltoo.

Everyone must be trying to download right now as I am trying to download and am getting 1998 dial-up speeds of a couple of KB per seconds only. Looks like it is going to take an hour this time what usually takes only a couple of minutes.

Blender's popularity growing exponentially.

Thanks again...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah it was very slow for me too.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Why didn't they wait ten more days (it was released yesterday)...then they could have done a big 'birthday' promotion...since the original release was Oct 13, 2002...

I'm going to wait a few days to download it...give them time to replace the melted servers.

I've been waiting for the new sculpt features (masking...yay!)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

YAY for the new release, but BOO for the slow download. Geeze, I know some servers are slower than others, but 30 mins. for a 30.7MB download?? ~sheesh~

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

You can get it at www.graphicall.org as well as custom builds

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Why didn't they wait ten more days (it was released yesterday)...then they could have done a big 'birthday' promotion...since the original release was Oct 13, 2002...

I'm going to wait a few days to download it...give them time to replace the melted servers.

I've been waiting for the new sculpt features (masking...yay!)

That's my birthday, tho I'm slightly older :P Masking in sculpt mode? Yay indeed! This looks like a great release, thanks for the headsup.
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Just got it a moment ago in about 25 seconds. I used the Dutch server No.2.

Sculpting masks were much needed and I'm glad to see them in this release. The skin modifier looks rather exciting and the improvements to mesh tools are welcome. Looks like there's a lot of little extras as well, so although this release is VFX oriented (which I'm never going to get into) there still seems to be enough get excited about purely on the modelling front.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone...

I downloaded it last night as soon as I saw the anouncement... Yaaay!!!

Was up 'til 3 am playing with the skin modifier and sculpting using the new features.... fun fun

nicci... :cheese:

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Yay, thanks for the heads up. ;)