Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yes, I know -- I was hit by that bug too.

On the other hand, the bug hasn't hit me since I got my subscription fixed (fingers crossed) -- I had "no subscriptions", as I had gotten that yearly sub before the changeover and somehow it failed to update my account. And then the bug hit me, bam. Have people been bitten by the bug after the manual fix from DAZ?

Lucky you! DAZ never manually fixed it for me, although I filled a support ticket right after the Magento change. They told me it cannot be done, since I am subscribed through PayPal. Later when more of us gathered in the You have no subscriptions thread, one of the DAZ people promised they will be looking into it, which was more than a month ago and still no change.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh but seriously, I'm all for the impractical battle gear, I do it tons too. But please give her some boots :)

She's just trying to get the edge on her opponent whom has a foot fetish. ;-P

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Thing is, I got dropped out of PC completely. I no longer had the benefits and PC member tag on forum; merely having "no subscriptions" didn't do it. I suggest to file a new ZenDesk request to prod some butts about it.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Theres a glitch that offers when a PC member gets a refund for an item which triggers the loss of your PC membership. It's happened to many people. Ask Chohole.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Has there been any official word as to what "cross-over" items are, or how that will work? I'm debating between focusing all my spending towards earning the "Buy-It-All," (I suspect I'll be priced out eventually, but at least at the moment it looks like it could be feasible...), or forgetting about that and instead focusing on the 99c items and Members' Choice.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Theres a glitch that offers when a PC member gets a refund for an item which triggers the loss of your PC membership. It's happened to many people. Ask Chohole.

Yes that happened to me after I asked for a refund. It's been fixed now, but instead of being an annual payment they have changed it to monthly starting from November 2012 instead of February 2013!

Still waiting for them to fix it.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Is this the nearly forgotten sale by DAZ? I don't know. I am still trying to figure out where to post the renders for Render Contest. I know it is under "Things to Watch for" but I fear that DAZ will wait until Nov 1 to make the thread. Yes, I chose that date deliberately based on the deadline.

And still no explanation as to why the thread moved? oh well, back to the ho hum of the sale.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

When I went through this last night, I think I figured about 8-10 items only being PC, based on the names.
    Time will tell

edited December 1969

DAZ needs to get their t's crossed.

Their official post says look for the discussion thread in the Members forum still.

"Platinum Club 10th Anniversary!

It’s been 10 amazing years and we want to celebrate with you!

We’ve lined up loads of specials through the month of October, so keep checking back to the Members Only forum for details. There’s freebies, coupons, super savings, and of course heaps of fantastic new releases from all your favorite Platinum Club artists.

If you are not a Platinum Club Member Join Now to take advantage of savings ALL MONTH LONG!

Join NOW!

Platinum Club Members follow the discussion in the Members Only Forum HERE!"

Ok, I think I'm done posting and shaking my head.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

Zelroth said:
    DAZ needs to get their t's crossed.

Ok, I think I'm done posting and shaking my head.

Yeah I know. :(

I'm hoping its because they have something killer planned for this weekend(and they are preparing it now). I know its hard for them to resist weekend sales.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Planet Lava has been announced not too long ago, it's by Stonemason.

What a shocking list, still no sign of the Genesis Teens.
    It's amazing how this sale gets more disappointing every day.

edited December 1969

Some things don't show up in the list until they are released. Especially big things, I would guess.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Apparently the way to get kicked out of the PC club is to return something requesting a refund.

I have done that - return something. I didn't get kicked out of the club, just got unsubscribed from newsletters

DAZ needs to get their t's crossed. ... Ok, I think I'm done posting and shaking my head.

I'm hoping its because they have something killer planned for this weekend(and they are preparing it now). I know its hard for them to resist weekend sales.

Oh, no. THAT'S just what we need. A big weekend sale when no Daz people are around to answer questions. Oh WAIT, that's the normal state anyway, recently. The silence from Daz employees during this sale so far is deafening.

By now, in the last 7 PC Anniversary sales I was part of, I had bought things and was excitedly looking forward to the next cool thing in the month. I was planning my renewal because in the last several years we got payback vouchers and $30 renewal vouchers and packages of cool stuff as an incentive to renew. In earlier years, we got to choose from or were given packs of freebies (many of which I had, but there were always some I didn't). I was saving my pennies for what I knew would be a bunch of very cool "PC Priced for a day" member choice items. This year. no renewal incentive. One freebie a week (yes, that's nice, and I am appreciative of that). Member's choice sale that is only going to give us about the same price on the items (most of which were part of the member choice sale in the last several years anyway) as Fastgrab pricing. First time ever I haven't even bothered to vote. Most of the specials are only for people who get lucky or have a lot to spend. Not for ALL the PC members. The only thing other than the freebie that makes me smile at all so far is the half price PC items that are going on, so I may spend a few dollars there. But that type of sale DOES happen at other times of the year, too, so it's nice, but not SPECIAL.

I'm sad. I'm truly sad and I miss Daz.

And I still don't get why the discussion of the PC sale was moved to the Commons...

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Apparently the way to get kicked out of the PC club is to return something requesting a refund.

I have done that - return something. I didn't get kicked out of the club, just got unsubscribed from newsletters

DAZ needs to get their t's crossed. ... Ok, I think I'm done posting and shaking my head.

Oh, no. THAT'S just what we need. A big weekend sale when no Daz people are around to answer questions. Oh WAIT, that's the normal state anyway, recently. The silence from Daz employees during this sale so far is deafening.

By now, in the last 7 PC Anniversary sales I was part of, I had bought things and was excitedly looking forward to the next cool thing in the month. I was planning my renewal because in the last several years we got payback vouchers and $30 renewal vouchers and packages of cool stuff as an incentive to renew. In earlier years, we got to choose from or were given packs of freebies (many of which I had, but there were always some I didn't). I was saving my pennies for what I knew would be a bunch of very cool "PC Priced for a day" member choice items. This year. no renewal incentive. One freebie a week (yes, that's nice, and I am appreciative of that). Member's choice sale that is only going to give us about the same price on the items (most of which were part of the member choice sale in the last several years anyway) as Fastgrab pricing. First time ever I haven't even bothered to vote. Most of the specials are only for people who get lucky or have a lot to spend. Not for ALL the PC members. The only thing other than the freebie that makes me smile at all so far is the half price PC items that are going on, so I may spend a few dollars there. But that type of sale DOES happen at other times of the year, too, so it's nice, but not SPECIAL.

I'm sad. I'm truly sad and I miss Daz.

And I still don't get why the discussion of the PC sale was moved to the Commons...

Alisa you've forgotten how in the past the vouchers would work on the .99 cent sale items, and now the coupons don't.

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Sunfire is correct!! In the past, vouchers would work on the .99 cent sale items, and now the coupons don’t. Also this thread belongs in the members area and not in the commons!

Edit: for spelling

Post edited by earth2d on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DAZ3D needs to get everyone in the office on the same page. If you look at the Halloween Sale page, it says it's until 10/10. But if you read the newsletter that just came in a short while ago, it says until 10/09. So, DAZ...which is it?

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Hi, Dee! :-)

Dana

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Dana,

;-)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

Alisa you've forgotten how in the past the vouchers would work on the .99 cent sale items, and now the coupons don't.

No, I didn't forget :) But you're definitely right that I forgot to mention it ;). Even that's not as nice as in the past. :(

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Could someone from Daz please tell us what the crossover items are and what we have to buy to be eligible for the free bundles? Thank you.

btw I'm waiting to be overwhelmed by this sale.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Cross-over items? Hmm... Maybe clothes with M5 top and V5 bottom? :P

edited December 1969

(silly time)
    I know what cross-over items are: they are items that are made in 2022 for DAZ's 20th but are available now. Or they exist partly as computer files and partly as real items. Or it is something you buy for your "pet" to use.

done being silly for now

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    (silly time)
    Or they exist partly as computer files and partly as real items.

That would be a pretty sweet promotion: buy the 3D version of this outfit, and we'll ship you a physical copy that you can wear yourself!
    edited October 2012

Zelroth said:
    (silly time)

That would be a pretty sweet promotion: buy the 3D version of this outfit, and we'll ship you a physical copy that you can wear yourself!

I don't know about the "wear yourself" part. Can't see myself in high-heels or thongs. *BARF*

aahh that was the worst image I ever created in my mind.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    (silly time)

I don't know about the "wear yourself" part. Can't see myself in high-heels or thongs. *BARF*

aahh that was the worst image I ever created in my mind.
    I think you'd look pretty hot in...What? You mean not everyone looks like their avatar? ;-)

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

I am already confused.

Where on earth are these 'you have to buy them all' things? I have no idea.

edited December 1969

I think you'd look pretty hot in...What? You mean not everyone looks like their avatar? ;-)

LOL.

I look exactly like my avatar. Sometimes I'm a catgirl and sometimes I'm a cowgirl. Just depends on the time of the year.

• MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

btw I'm waiting to be overwhelmed by this sale.

I'm actually just waiting to be interested in the sale!

Epic fail DAZ!

After the hype and excitement around lesser anniversaries it is so much more than a mere slap in the face to have this for the 10th anniversary... this feels more like a membership purge sale to me unfortunately.... and to think I limited my spending in the PA sale so I had funds available for this month.

It's just really sad to see a dear old friend lose their way like this.