Dynamic clothing help

Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
edited December 1969 in New Users

i recently purchased the Trinity Dynamic jacket and do not know how to morph it. i have been all over looking for tutorials for the dynamic clothing and cant find an answer to this.

do i need to purchase the Dynamic clothing controller or can i use the one that is in DazStudio 4.5.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The idea of Dyanmic clothing is that you don;t really need morphs, it fits where it touches really.

The Trinity item is made for DAZ Studio, so it will work with the plugin as supplied. The paid for plugin (Dynamic Clothing Control) allows for more options like wind and heaviness of the material

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

so if i want to add move the jacket away from the body i need the Dynamic Clothing Control

edited December 1969

I don't have this particular item (I thought I had).

I take it you are using it on V4? Do you want to have the coat move as if the wind is blowing, or something else?

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

yes im using on V4. the problem im having right now is that even when it drapes over the figure some areas of the figure still poke through, like the parts of the leg and chest. and i cant adjust it.

edited October 2012

You should definitely be able to stop that, even with the Lite version of the plugin.

You have to use the Collide With button to help with the drape, or you could try an animated drape to see if that helps any.

Have a look here:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothctrl/overview

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try this, Set collision with all of V4 (I'm sure you have) Scale the item a tad Bigger (it will shrink back during the Drape) and use an Animated Drape frame 0 T pose frame 30 your end pose. That might help.

• omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems with this as well. I'm using Studio4.5, latest build, refreshed my download of Dynamic clothing 64bit and serial etc...
    That at least gave me the controls I couldn't see in Basic.

I've used this before in Studio3+ but getting nowhere with Trinity Leather Jacket. I also updated my install of the jacket.
    The product listing says it fits Genesis. I'm using the genesis character in a basic guarded pose.
    The legs work out well after drape but the arms and torso fail.

TrinityJacket.JPG
    977 x 853 - 42K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

For Dynamics with Genesis open the Genesis figure in your Collide settings and pick the Root of the figure. That is the only way it works with Genesis.

Post edited by Jaderail on