instaling genesis

dylanlomdylanlom Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

PLEASE HELP
I have downloaded and installed genesis but do not know how 2 get in presets daz studio,
I am new 2 the software and cannot figure out how 2 do this.
All help is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

dylanlom said:
    PLEASE HELP
    I have downloaded and installed genesis but do not know how 2 get in presets daz studio,
    I am new 2 the software and cannot figure out how 2 do this.
    All help is greatly appreciated!!

Have attached image showing where the presets are located. Note that your contents list will be different than mine.

And speaking of mine ... if somebody can tell me how to get rid of allegedly uninstalled content thingies, that would be nice ;-)

presets.png
    658 x 677 - 95K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to right-click on the ones with yellow triangles, and use the 'Romove Orphaned References' or words to that effect.

It worked for me

edited October 2012

You need to right-click on the ones with yellow triangles, and use the 'Romove Orphaned References' or words to that effect.

It worked for me

My apologies ... I should have mentioned that said option was not available. Should be, but it isn't.

This is 4.0. Said product was made for 4.5. Said customer not too good at mind reading product pages for correct interpretation of words that mean different things on different pages. So product was returned and refunded. So product was uninstalled using the uninstaller.
    As installer put it there; uninstaller should have removed it, I would think.
    But how I think and this program works are not necessarily the same.
    So manually or via extreme drastic measures ... how does one make these things go away?

cant.png
    645 x 538 - 79K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I got the wrong menu.

You need to go to the Content Library tab, using the dropdown find Content DB Maintenance, and click on it from there. Hope it works

Untitled-1.jpg
    356 x 348 - 51K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2012

I was wondering how to remove these too. However, I do not have that option in DS4.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

See in that pic Jimmy posted above, try resetting the Database (bottom command) first, restart Daz Studio and Re-Improt the Metadata (third from bottom).

edited October 2012

Szark said:
    See in that pic Jimmy posted above, try resetting the Database (bottom command) first, restart Daz Studio and Re-Improt the Metadata (third from bottom).

Trying this way now. I also didn't have the remove option ... but you know I'm sure "once upon a time" it was 'somewhere' in this program! Anyhow ...

Edit; well this is a no-go. 3 times all it did, the re-import part just freezes. I turned off the AV and it went a tad further, then froze again.
    So "removed the unwanted items" using rather drastic measures. I turned off and then deinstalled the CMS. Then deinstalled D/S4. It's gone now lol ...

Post edited by patience55 on