How to make stockings fit the figure?

kzamorkzamor Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, Please have a look at the attached picture.
As you can see, the stockings are too big for the figure.
How do I make the stockings "Shrink" to be tight on the model's legs?
How do I make sure the stockings follow the foot morphs and do not poke through shoes?

Thanks!

Daz 4.0.39

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's hard to tell if that's the effect of collision and smoothing (which can do that on very tight things) or if the original mesh was just looser. If you turn off smoothing does it go away?

• karlekarle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, even with smoothing. Is there a command to "Fit" the stocking to the leg?

Right now, if I apply the stocking,then I apply a foot morph, the stocking doesn't follow the high heel pose.

edited December 1969

Right click, choose fit to and choose Genesis?

• kzamorkzamor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nope, doesn't work. And If I do this wile dragging it on the figure, I get a whole bunch of poke-through.

edited December 1969

Why would you be dragging it? I'm confused.

Is this a Genesis item? I was assuming it was, but going back over your posts, that may have been unwarranted.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

What figure are you trying to fit them to, and which product do the stockings belong to.

• kzamorkzamor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the confusion!

I take the stocking from the library, then I drag it to the Genesis figure. If I wait a little before releasing the mouse button, the fit options appear.
    Then I tried to apply it as bodysuit, pants, boots, nothing... But each time, it doesn't fit completely.

If it's already on the figure, i can't get it to stick either.

Do you know of any stocking / shoe combination, which is known to work well? Either for V4 or Genesis.

Thanks.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

What you've just described is the autofit system, which means your trying to convert a stocking model made for a Poser figure so it fits Genesis, problem with that is anything with feet in it doesn't convert very well, and looks even worse when you "conform" it to Genesis.

Either use the figure the stockings were designed for or buy a set made specifically for Genesis, or spend some time learning how to manually convert the stockings so they fit Genesis (not an easy task).

• karlekarle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is annoying! I just bought the One Click Corsetry Redux. Works well, but I won't be able to apply a different material to the stockings in Reality, because the product "adds" a layer to the skin with the layered image editor.

So, I just applied a bunch of deformers to the stockings until they stopped poking through.

Question: Is there a way to hide the deformers yellow circles? It keeps me from seeing clearly.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Open the Deformers tree in the Scene Tab and turn it off with the little eye symbol.