Is anyone else having login issues?

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I go to edit my post or even post a new message and I get a broken page that asks for my login and password (which always fails to log me in). Then I try to go to the main Daz website and it says I am logged out. So I click on the login and it says welcome back! as if I never logged out. So, I log out then try and log back in. I have to do this several times before I can post again on the forums! Really annoying!

Is anyone else having these problems?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Have you tried clearing your cache? If a page was saved while there was an issue then it will be remembering that issue. Clear it and see what happens. You should be good to go. I've made it a habit to clear mine at min. of once a week because of the issues.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Haven't tried that, but it seems to be working fine now. I'll try clearing my cashe next time, thanks for the tip. :)

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

You can also try ctrl + F5

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yes, and it's getting rather annoying. Clearing the cache, cookies and what not every 15 mins is not the answer...

It has to be something with the way the pages are being cached/shared through Cloudfire (or whatever it is that Daz is using)...

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited October 2012

I am having numerous issues. Im NOT getting thread post updates, everytime i attempt to do a "Fast Reply" it sends me to the Post Reply screen and i must type my text all over again. And even then when i submit, all it does is refresh the Post Reply screen.

I have to actually "Preview" the post first, before i can submit it.... as i had to do these VERY steps to make this post!

EXTREMELY annoying.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I was getting things like that, but I cleared it all out of my system by closing my browser and clearing my cache, as Frank has suggested.

edited October 2012

The problem seems to happen more if I uncheck 'Notify...'

But I can clean it all out and be 'good' for about `15 to 20 mins...then it's back to all the above mentioned nonsense...

Plus the board seems a bit sluggish.

Oh, yeah, it's almost 2x as bad when editing a post.

I'm using FF 15.01 on Linux...and the board doesn't seem to like the Linux version much on a good day, let alone when it's being finicky.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    You can also try ctrl + F5

Thank you that was easy to do.

So odd to be logged in on one page and logged out on the very next page.? Honestly I probably would not have noticed but the prices got higher when I was not logged in.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Out of curiosity...
    does anybody else with an active PC membership does not have access to the PC stuff?

I can login, see my orders, item list, ..., can post to the common forums, but I cannot login to the members forum and do not see the PC prices although I do have an active membership.

I deleted all the temp. browser files and test different browsers (IE, FireFox) on different machines.

This is since yesterday (just in time for the PC sales start) ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you clear your cache. close the browser and clear cache. Then reopen the browser

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you clear your cache. close the browser and clear cache. Then reopen the browser

And burn a rubber chicken as an offering at the altar of the Redmond?

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply, but I did that, several times. I also logged in from different PCs.

But now it works again because the helpdesk fixed it. :-)

Thanks to DAZ Support!
    That was a really fast fix.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited October 2012

I go to edit my post or even post a new message and I get a broken page that asks for my login and password (which always fails to log me in). Then I try to go to the main Daz website and it says I am logged out. So I click on the login and it says welcome back! as if I never logged out. So, I log out then try and log back in. I have to do this several times before I can post again on the forums! Really annoying!

Is anyone else having these problems?

One way to get rid of the problem is this:

1. make a copy of the window/tab with the page

2. click the "Forgotten password" link on the copy page, and follow the instructions to get a new password

3. enter your email (not username) and the new password in the box on the original page, and log in

You may want to save the new password as it may work in case you encounter the box again (haven't experienced that yet myself though)

Note that this does not change your normal DAZ login password, it seems to be a separate password for the forum only, and it won't work for your DAZ account.

Post edited by Taoz on