Whats going on with the DUF saves?

hzrhzr Posts: 207
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey there,

since we are now pretty much stuck with saving as DUF I got to voice my oppionion about this. I understand that the format is here to stay and that it may be better for you guys to organize on how to save things. All no problem but it seems that the DUF saves often seem to simply forget settings. Especially morphs. For example when I save a scene with a figure that is using the perfect thighs and booty fixes from Xameva and meipe, and then reload the scene it will always break the functionality to some degree. The thigh ends up being distorted at a certain angle of sideways movement, this results in me having to remove the morphs and reinject it into the mesh, which takes time and also brings some other problems which I wont go into detail now. But whats going on with the way that DUF files seem to forget settings? Is there a way for you to doublecheck compatibility perhaps, or give me a way to save in the old format? Because right now I am pretty displeased with how things are.

When I use the cr2 exporter to save the figure and then load it, its working as it should. But I really dont want to seperately load each figure whenever I open a scene, otherwise whats the point of even having a save feature?

Studio is doing very well and improving at the right pace, but the save format seems to be lacking compared to the rest.

Post edited by hzr on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Have you made a bug report on this?

• tommyBoyetommyBoye Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am having the same problem, but it's even worse. My figures come back in completely messed up. The load up as some type of "thing" that is very reminisant OF the thing. It's pretty ridiculous.

So far I am not very impressed with DAZ 4.5. You can't down-save to the .daz format, and half of the .daz files that were saved in 4 either don't open, won't save, or won't load in properly. Once you resave a .daz file to the .duf format, you're screwed.

I have installed and reinstalled 4.5 about 4 times. I still am having the same issues. As you can see, the figure is not happy about it either!

fuck0021.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 650K
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Just resave your scene a second time.

edited December 1969

Thanks I will give it a try. I ended up rebuilding the scene and that seemed to work as well.

• KnightTekKnightTek Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I am experiencing the same kind of problem. This seems to only show up with Genesis figures from time to time. For example, when I save a scene that includes Michael 5 then load it later, the M5 character is deformed. Please see my attached photo.

I will continue to test and see if I can determine what is going on. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!!

Deformed_M5_character.jpg
    1050 x 827 - 393K
    edited December 1969

As the person replying to me stated, try re-saving your .duf scene out to itself again by doing an over-write and supposedly the problem will go away. Let us know what happens.

• KnightTekKnightTek Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

The first time I tried re-saving the file again it did not resolve the issue but after re-saving a second time it fixed it. Thanks for your help!