What Is The Manifest.dsx file in zip files???

Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I purchased some items-got them downloaded-*some are zip files some were exe files* which makes my downloads even harder to skim thru to make sure I download the correct ones*
But anyways the question is -In the zips files it shows manifest.dsx file what is this file? and what do I do with it? Is it necessary to have this file? I am assuming it some type of code to show I did purchase the item-but do I keep this file? Do I place the file with the item? Yup I am getting very confused! So someone who knows what this is and what to do with it etc. plz explain to me and what to do with it. Oh and on the usingzipfiles.pdf I can't download any of those-sooo what is the purpose of those being in the download list?
Thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I would iamgine that that specifies stuff like file locations and any dependencies for the use of the install manager, so no if you are installing by hand you probably don't need it.

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Has the Install Manager been released? If so, how does one get it?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

No it hasn't been released yet but should be coming out shortly.

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thank You Richard for answering -sorry bout me getting back to this had to get some sleep-I will be installing by hand-Thanks again :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

What is this "sleep" you write of?

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

LoL it pertains to a little snoring involved! :D

• scarlet.aliasscarlet.alias Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

What is this "sleep" you write of?

lmao. idk what sleep is. havent had it as of late. thank yall for the laugh.