Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I have no idea how the $6.00 and $4.00 coupon works. Especially if you cannot combine them. Could someone please explain that to me? Do we use only one coupon at a time or am I just not understanding how it all works? Thank you and take care :-).

Sadly, yes, you can only use one at a time.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Thank you canberra_boy :-). Guess I will see what I can get ...lol. Thank you again :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited October 2012

...Magento weirdness is preventing me from getting the Freebie. I log in, go to the product page and gee wiz, I'm logged out again. I log in from there and I'm sent to my account page. I click on the sale banner at the top of the page, then the thumbnail for the freebie, and whatayknow? I'm logged out again. I click on the "my account" link in he upper right corner and I'm logged in again.

...I'm expecting to hear a monologue by Rod Serling any time now.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I had no problem getting the Moon Gate freebie when I picked up Atrophy earlier, BUT I never received my Invoice/Confirmation email this time. Now that I see people are having other problems, I know why I didn't get it. Not a problem because I save all that info offline in a spreadsheet, but I certainly thought it unusual at the time.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Magento weirdness is preventing me from getting the Freebie. I log in, go to the product page and gee wiz, I'm logged out again. I log in from there and I'm sent to my account page. I click on the sale banner at the top of the page, then the thumbnail for the freebie, and whatayknow? I'm logged out again. I click on the "my account" link in he upper right corner and I'm logged in again.

i'm having weird log in issues too. If i click on the "new releases" it says I'm logged out. But if I click on a product page, or another promotion listing, then I'm logged in. Started happenign yesterday.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    I had no problem getting the Moon Gate freebie when I picked up Atrophy earlier, BUT I never received my Invoice/Confirmation email this time. Now that I see people are having other problems, I know why I didn't get it. Not a problem because I save all that info offline in a spreadsheet, but I certainly thought it unusual at the time.

Exactly what I had last sunday. I used my coupon on the surfwear for Genesis(have to get me a refund later this month because the prices are lower now :P ) and never got a confirmation email, searched my whole mailbox for it and thought I accidentally deleted it. pfew! I'm glad you posted this so I know it's not my doing. Thank you. :)

Love, Jeanne
  • edited December 1969

First, I have found that after DAZ does major site changes you need to clear you Browser cache if you are having issues seeing updates. At least I do and I use FireFox.

Second, I am not sure how long it is but you are automatically "logged out" after a period of time, even though it looks like you are connected. When adding to cart make sure you have an active login, sometimes there is a wait or you have to logout and in to see your cart update.

I was looking at the specials, it says 50% off Daz originals for a limited time, I only see them at 40% what is the "time period" for the 50% off DAZ originals listed?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure that when those DAZ Originals with 50% discount hit the stores, they get announced. I mean, the spirit of that note seems to be "we'll pick you something good, and then set it up for a day or two to buy".

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,769
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I had the exact problem. I ended up using Cookie Culler (a FF plug-in) to delete the DAZ cookies and all was well after I logged in again, although I discovered that there is apparently a separate store and Forum login, as I could browse the store and access my WL, but couldn't access the Members' Forum...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I solved it by closing FF, clearing cache and then logging back in again. Even had the freebie in my cart still.

• guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

What`s cross-over items?

• edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    Are plug-ins like GenX usually a part of the sale?

No, GenX is a PA item, not a PC item - and it was just half price till yesterday in the catchup sale.

I would like to hear about this $10 from someone at Daz who writes in the forums - no offence to customer service, but if this is the case, that you have to buy $100 of stuff to use it, that sure makes things even less nice as far as I'm concerned for the PC sale. And it needs to be corrected immediately in the thread.

Damn, I didn't see Gen-X on sale... I've been looking for it!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    ragaray said:

No, GenX is a PA item, not a PC item - and it was just half price till yesterday in the catchup sale.

I would like to hear about this $10 from someone at Daz who writes in the forums - no offence to customer service, but if this is the case, that you have to buy $100 of stuff to use it, that sure makes things even less nice as far as I'm concerned for the PC sale. And it needs to be corrected immediately in the thread.

DAZ has promised to honor sale prices missed due to store issues -- if that's why you didn't see Gen-X at 50% off even though you were looking for it, then buy it now at the current price and open a support ticket for a 50% refund. I can't imagine that they won't honor that, but if they don't you could return it under the no-questions-asked 30-day guarantee.
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

guangh69 said:
    What`s cross-over items?

I'm wondering that myself. Although I'm not eligible for the Buy It All since I already have what they're offering, I'd still like to see a list of what the required-to-purchase items are.
  • guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited October 2012

guangh69 said:
    What`s cross-over items?

I'm wondering that myself. Although I'm not eligible for the Buy It All since I already have what they're offering, I'd still like to see a list of what the required-to-purchase items are.

I have none of the two bundles. If the cross-over items are not too many, Buy it All seems to be a good transaction.

Post edited by guangh69 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

guangh69 said:

I have none of the two bundles. If the cross-over items are not too many, Buy it All seems being a good transaction.

Thats the kicker isn't it, we haven't the foggiest idea how regularly items will come out!

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
    Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

What I was just told by customer service:
    Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
    I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

What a let down. No stuff for me :( Guess I really am done with PC.

That is a real shame... I never spend $100 at one sitting can't afford that.. and would not spend $100 to get just $10 off. Oh well I will wait and see what else comes along.. I have faith things will pick up.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited October 2012

Does anyone know when the first sale on a PC item category will start? I want to keep my eyes open for that...
    (meaning the 99 cent PC item sale for the week)

Post edited by andolaurina on
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know when the first sale on a PC item category will start? I want to keep my eyes open for that...
    (meaning the 99 cent PC item sale for the week)

I'm there with ya! *refreshes page*

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
    Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

What I was just told by customer service:
    Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
    I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

What a let down. No stuff for me :( Guess I really am done with PC.

That is a real shame... I never spend $100 at one sitting can't afford that.. and would not spend $100 to get just $10 off. Oh well I will wait and see what else comes along.. I have faith things will pick up.

If that is the case on the $10, they should mention it on the official page. Oh well, just one less thing to worry about.

• diogenese19348diogenese19348 Posts: 926
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    I
    ....So basically, if you have been here for a small while and already got a lot of DAZ Originals, this sale is pretty boring and they did not even start the usual parade of DAZ catastrophes we tend to get with those sales (which should be even more severe and entertaining now in this new system).
    I recall someone pointing out how DAZ really needs to work hard to get some of the disgruntled Poser users back. Well, spoiler alert, they ain't gonna accomplish that with old DAZ Originals. So, with even the renewal incentives gone, this is going to be the great Poser user goodbye sale, I guess?
    I mean it's not a surprise giving how things have been going around here, so I guess on the positive side, yaaaaay, that feeling I had that they would botch this one, too, was right.

Nah, it's even better than that. I have... count 'em, 208 pages of itemized orders. Yeah, I was a big spender here. Emphasis on was. I CAN'T buy any DAZ original without checking to see if I have it first, and there is no way to sort that list. It's alphabetical and can't be searched. And they can't tell you if you already bought it when you put it in your cart.

This is the most disappointing PC sale in memory thus far. I can't participate in the buy it all bonus, and I always did. I can't participate in the members choice poll since I have no idea what I already have. And half the time I do try to buy something the site doesn't work.

This place is not fun to shop at any more, and that's a damned shame. Sorry DAZ but that's the way it is. You just aren't getting much out of me this time around.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    ragaray said:

DAZ has promised to honor sale prices missed due to store issues -- if that's why you didn't see Gen-X at 50% off even though you were looking for it, then buy it now at the current price and open a support ticket for a 50% refund. I can't imagine that they won't honor that, but if they don't you could return it under the no-questions-asked 30-day guarantee.

*Hugs*
    I hope you're able to work that out.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

I think I'm seeing some items priced at $1.99 that previously were not! Could this be the cross-over thing? Lots of hair, including some PA items! What's going on?

EDIT: price changed on me as I was trying to check out! Never mind... (but hopefully this means they're working on something exciting?)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Looks like they updated the promotion page to reflect that you need to spend 100 for the 10 dollar of coupon to work. They also made the coupon codes stick out more. Let's see if something else happens today.

edited December 1969

I can hardly contain myself!

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Hello All.

I am finding this sale very confusing.
    Where do I look on a daily basis to find out what is on sale? I assume the items change daily or weekly.
    An email notice every day would help tremendously.
    The coupons and vouchers that we PC members can use is a help. Do these apply to the vendors products also? I am thinking about Stonemason in this case.

Thanks.
    R

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Coupons can't be used on PA products. Only on DAZ Originals

edited December 1969

1) I think your best bet is to check PC forum, and try to stay subscribed to these two stickified threads. I'm likely to explode with glee whenever something comes into sale window, no matter what it is. And I think DAZ may be sending e-mail notifications too. And probably that Sales section in shop may have a list of stuff like they did during PA sale.

2) Coupons: DAZ Originals only, no 1.99 items.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Is it just me or was the Old Fashioned Bicycles free yesterday? I didn't check out then and now its $9?

Huh? :-/

Free items are only free for 10 days to two weeks, as far as I can see. After that, they revert to their normal sale price for all users, PC club members included.