Delete this post

JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I started a thread thinking there was a problem with a recent purchase, and then eventually figured out the problem was me.

Post edited by JoeQuick on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I started a thread thinking there was a problem with a recent purchase, and then eventually figured out the problem was me.

Ah, the infamous 'user error'...

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

That's awkward lol... I do like the title of this thread... It seems catchy lol

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

If they delete this thread, will my post count be -1 ?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I doubt the thread will be deleted. I think the only threads they actually delete are spam generated ones.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It's a loose thread...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    It's a loose thread...

A loose thread and nobody's posted a cat picture yet?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh dear, we can't have that, can we

lolcat_loose_thread.jpg
    499 x 666 - 71K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Well, I've noticed that these things grow into cats... is this alright?

Spot_kitchen.jpg
    1435 x 1857 - 466K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kitties and threads are over rated...

kitty.png
    300 x 450 - 154K
    edited October 2012

Joequick said:

Instead of starting a new thread, I’ll just post this here in case it’s me and not the recent purchase.

I bought the Uzilite D 207, and this is how it looks in the promo: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uzilite-d-207

It says “RTrace Materials do not work in DAZ Studio”. And I just read in the .duf thread that “Poser lights are WAY too bright” so that may explain why the car looks crappy when rendered in DS.

Fig 1 is how it looks in the viewport before rendering.

Fig 2 is what happens after rendering. It was done using the default lighting and rendering settings.

Fig 3 I added a spotlight to see what would happen by keeping the problem area in the shadows

Fig 4 Problem area shines even in the shadows

I’m using DS3. Any other Daz users buy this car and was able to fix the problem by altering the values in the surface tab?

I was able to change the appearance to just a flat color, but I want it to look like a shiny new car.

zz2.JPG
    718 x 469 - 195K
    zz.JPG
    717 x 468 - 120K
    Post edited by Graze on
    edited October 2012

zz3.JPG
    716 x 468 - 127K
    Post edited by Graze on
    edited October 2012

zz4.JPG
    716 x 468 - 186K
    Post edited by Graze on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your proper color would come back if the car had an environment to reflect and the render settings in Advanced were set to do proper Max Ray Trace Depth and Shading Rate. What you are seeing is just Glare without anything to stop the the light from shining right back into the camera. Basic lights (default) shine right from the camera and bounce right back into the camera, then you added a spot light in the same position. All shiny objects will do this until you do some good lighting, try a light set that is not aimed right AT the side you are pointing the camera at.

edited October 2012

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I did a lousy job explaining Fig 3. My fault. The spot light I added was to shine on the car's RIGHT side, on the opposite side of the camera. I did raise the spot light a little so some of it would fall on the front hood. That way the car, viewed from the camera angle, won't be in complete darkness. So logically, the left side of the car should now be in complete shadow (which it does look that way in Fig 3 pre-render), but the glare on the left side returns after rendering Fig 4. All parts of the car in the shadows just lack color, but still has the shine. Is that a glitch with shiny objects to always have a glare even in the shadows?

What would be the proper Max Ray Trace Depth and Shading Rate?

Post edited by Graze on