Just playing around... nothing special trust me.... Adzans Hiro 3 clothing ...

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hiya

Pretty pleased with how this converted over. This was for Hiro 3, Etienne by Adzan. Used Fabricator to match the textures well enough and updated the look. The morph is one of my own created in ZBrush a couple of months ago... will be part of the Bruno for Genesis pack.

One thing I can confirm... Hair converts fine but NO MORPHS transfer over. Tried it with a few beloved ones from AprilYSH! Very sad about that. Perhaps they will get that figured out eventually! :down:

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2012

Before folks wonder how it poses... and the bit of calf that's showing on the one side... the pants are artistically split there and held together with some metal buckle clip things.... I love Addy's work! I'm so glad I can convert his stuff to Genesis now. Oh and since was built for Gen 3 figure Hiro 3 the shoes converted perfectly since both Gen 3 figures and Gen 5 Genesis default positions are flat footed unlike the Gen 4 with the feet posed toe pointed down! >:( The pose is from DZHeng's M5 pose pack. He's just released another one at his site that I MUST pick up! Love his work.

AdzEtienne02-Genesis.jpg
    317 x 800 - 40K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited June 2012

In DS 4.5 the autofit does not loose the morphs. However I can understand if updating to 4.5 is not an option since it is beta and uses a different file format for saves and such.

To retain the morphs in DS, say no to autofit. (I dont remember who I got this from in the old forum but here are the steps)

Cancel the AutoFit dialogue, if it appears (it appears only when the clothing is fitted to Genesis).

Select the clothing and convert it to weight-mapping (I think it's in the Edit menu now, but it's certainly in the Scene palette option menu - right click on the tab, then go to the Edit sub menu). Leave TriAx selected and click Accept.

Next launch the Transfer utility (again, I think it's in the Edit menu but it's also in the Scene pane's option menu, in the Asset sub menu). As Source select Genesis, and for the Shape select Clone and then the figure the clothes were made for in the pop-up dialogue. For Target pick the converted clothes. Click the button to show extended options and check Reverse source shape from target. Optionally pick a template, as you would using AutoFit. Click Accept.

That should give you converted clothes with the morphs intact.

I was fitting M3 stuff to Genesis earlier today and it went pretty well for me. Dont forget to add a smoothing modifier too.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited June 2012

I guess perhaps you were not aware Matty, I did indeed upgrade to DS 4.5 and Auto Fit does a beautiful job of retaining morphs in clothing but for some reason the hair cr2's that are converted over loose their morphs. When I've got some more time I'll play with the transfer utility again. I know my way around that too but it's nice to not have to do much now with Auto Fit working the way it does at this point. Also the new .duf file for saving Wearable presets is fabulous. I saved out the entire Adzan-Etienne outfit. I then cleared the out fit from Genesis and double clicked on the saved Adzan-Etienne.duf file and it loaded the entire outfit, textures and all! FABULOUS!

edited December 1969

OK.. figured out why morphs in cr2 hair does not transfer in Auto Fit... they are not at the top of the stack. Meaning the morphs are not in the Parent they are instead either in the "Head" or "Neck" of the hair figures and for some reason Auto Fit thinks they are assistant morphs. They are there but they are grayed out and don't function. I just used Auto Fit to refit SilverMoon hair by SWAM over to Genesis. She has the morphs in the main top stack and they all work as expected. Even though SilverMoon has a fit for V5 it's not a true Genesis Universal sort of fit.. now it is! :coolgrin: I then right clicked in the main SilverMoon content view and chose to "Browse to Location" and then got to the Poses folder, located the SWAM folder and found the SilverMoon hair color folder. Created a new folder called "Materials" and moved all the .dsa files to that and copied the png's over. Copied the main hair png over to the folder and now how a proper SilverMoon hair with Materials ready to use. I think I'm going to create a ticket for DAZ to look at with how Auto Fit is handling hair cr2's in regards to the morphs not at the top of the stack. Not sure if they can fix that but never know...

Bruno-SilvermoonHair.jpg
    790 x 506 - 98K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Good find Ram....

edited December 1969

THANKS! :-)

edited December 1969

Wondering out loud... is there a way to change in the cr2 where the morphs are in the stack? Needs to be top most so that Auto Fit transfers things correctly!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Have you submitted a bug report? Good catch on the reason the morphs weren't being transferred correctly.

edited December 1969

Have you submitted a bug report? Good catch on the reason the morphs weren't being transferred correctly.

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=46896

edited June 2012

Just converted the Electra Hair (as well as the Boris hair) from SAV. Love both of these styles so glad to get them done. I see there is no more .dsf files ... Replaced with .duf now... They seem to work fine. Had to convert the MAT pz2's to .duf's and of course all the hair mats needed allot of adjusting so that's done. Only 12 color options so wasn't too painful! lol

Boris had some additional support as well as the color options that came with the hair in .ds file format so that works fine for now unless I get a wild hair and want to make my own... been a while since I've done that but have other projects to finish first. :ohh:

ElectraGenesis.jpg
    790 x 846 - 90K
    edited June 2012

Went crazy yesterday... Got a bunch more hairs transferred over including the classic Sapphire Fox Hair... forgot how nice that hair is and it works great on Genesis! Even went through and redid all the MATS for the few color and style sets I have for it.... With the proper tweaking these sets would stand up to just about any of today's sets, easily! More thought went into them in my opinion since the geometry was more simple the texture artists worked harder to make things pop and look better.

Once Upon a Midnight Splendor:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/once-upon-a-midnight-splendour

Is an AMAZING set as well as In Love Again, which I saw last night in the store but now it's MIA so no link to provide. GRRRRRRRRR

Also got Valea's Midnight Prince and Rose Curls transferred too. SAV's Boris, SissyLB (2 hair products in that packs) and Electra hair (seen in the post above. Busy boy yesterday. Seems that 4.5 is finally delivering without any mess ups. So hopefully DAZ doesn't mess it up again! Also need to say, all the morphs work fine in all the styles! :coolgrin: ...

SapphireFox-Genesis.jpg
    772 x 831 - 102K
    edited December 1969

Well, I went and did it... couldn't help myself. Made 23 new shades for SAV's Kourus hair. Similar to the set I did for Hermes hair, which was well received. I'll get it packed up in time... it's always a time thing.... this will be for DAZ Studio but I did save it all out as .dsa but saved using DAZ Studio 4.5. This is the Fire one! I also did some diffuse magic for the pin and gem's as the textures are from the pack that came with the SAV Kourus hair. You can find Kourus here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/kouros-hair/89981

SAV-Kouros-RAMMAT-Fire.jpg
    584 x 800 - 112K
  • Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

RAM - exceptional find, I've been having the same issue. Forgive the ignorance if I'm missing what you are saying, but were you successful in converting hair objects while retaining the morphs? I see you've obviously been busy, but I am not sure if the hair objects you've converted had the morphs on the top of the stack, as you mentioned, or if you were successful with those that had the morphs on the head/neck?

Thanks!

edited December 1969
  • Monte323Monte323 Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Excellent, thank you very much!

edited December 1969

Your very welcome! :-)