Daz 4.5 Issues

I installed 4.5.0.114 32-bit and kept my 4.0.3.47 64-bit, I have the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 installed. I can't install 1.4 because the download keeps getting 'interrupted', I tried at home with wi-fi, at work with an ethernet and also tethered to my Droid, it just won't finish downloading. I think that's causing an issue with the basic male/female genesis characters, they both have yellow triangles with exclamation points on them in Daz.
Is there another way I can get this file? Could I try the Mac zip file?

Post edited by richardgaray_c9b7eb2acb on

Comments

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    I installed 4.5.0.114 32-bit and kept my 4.0.3.47 64-bit, I have the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 installed. I can't install 1.4 because the download keeps getting 'interrupted', I tried at home with wi-fi, at work with an ethernet and also tethered to my Droid, it just won't finish downloading. I think that's causing an issue with the basic male/female genesis characters, they both have yellow triangles with exclamation points on them in Daz.
    Is there another way I can get this file? Could I try the Mac zip file?
    You can't have both 4.5 and 4.0 on the same system. The installer should have uninstalled 4.0 before installing. Maybe it was confused by one being 64 bit and one being 32 bit.

You don't need the Genesis Essentials 1.4 for the 4.5.0.114 build. The 1.3 Essentials were released for that. The 1.4 Essentials are necessary for the 4.5 beta build and are compatible with with the 114 build but totally optional.

D|S 4 and D|S 4.5 use mutually incompatible versions of Genesis. That is what is almost certainly causing your problems.

The Mac zip contains a Mac installer (.app) and isn't just a zip like stuff from Renderosity, etc.

And yeah Daz seems to be having problems with their servers. Lots of reports of download problems.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, that's great information. So if I install the 64-bit version of 4.5 I should be OK? I'll give it a try.