Lara renders

Comments

• Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited August 2012

Sasje said:
    Sasje said:
    The game case looks great, how did you do that

I got a blu-ray case from google images and used Photoshop and the Warp or perspective tool to distort the image to fit at the angle that the case is facing. I really want to see you do the one with Lara with the round sunglasses. It reminds me of Tomb Raider 3.

This is a WIP, I need fix a few things.
    I want to show you this so far :-)

Wow, you did it! You actually did it. I had to look closely to see if that was your rendering or an actual cover. For me, the Tomb raider 3 cover was the best Tomb Raider cover of all the games. All it needs is to for Lara to be a little brighter (like the example above) and add gun flash and it could pass for a real game cover. Can you find a higher resolution "Playstation" logo? Its kind of blurry. After that, all you need is a CD jewel case (Google it in google images). Then it will look like a real game.

Post edited by Jake_35533 on
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you, :-) I will see what I can do and try to find a better logo.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    Sasje said:
    The game case looks great, how did you do that

I got a blu-ray case from google images and used Photoshop and the Warp or perspective tool to distort the image to fit at the angle that the case is facing. I really want to see you do the one with Lara with the round sunglasses. It reminds me of Tomb Raider 3.

This is a WIP, I need fix a few things.
    I want to show you this so far :-)

That looks great!

edited December 1969

Thank you.:)

edited August 2012

.Oke I did this so far but I’m struggle with the gun fire how to do that better.
    These gun fires are some brushes, maybe some tip or advise what I can do or can use?

promo_lara_bew_nieuw_gun_f.jpg
    800 x 800 - 242K
    Post edited by Sasje on
    edited August 2012

Sasje said:
    .Oke I did this so far but I’m struggle with the gun fire how to do that better.
    These gun fires are some brushes, maybe some tip or advise what I can do or can use?

I re-looked at the Tomb raider 3 cover and the flash is a little smaller and subtler. The flash is also a little yellowish too. One more thing, her facial expression should be more cool and calm (like the real cover) rather than angry. See one of her eyebrows are up like she's posing for a photoshoot. (Remember, Lara is tough and beautiful, but also cool too). But its almost there. Its looking great!

images.jpeg
    225 x 225 - 15K
    Post edited by Jake_35533 on
    edited August 2012

She's also low poly! ;-) There's a lot the mind has to fill in. I think that the expression is darn near right on! I agree about the gun flash.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

She's also low poly! ;-) There's a lot the mind has to fill in. I think that the expression is darn near right on! I agree about the gun flash.

I think it can be interpreted either way. I see Lara smiling or tilting her eyebrow with the air of pride saying to herself "I'm so cool and beautiful I don't even need to speak". You see her as tough and frowning at bad guys at the distance saying "I may be a woman but I'm tough as nails too". (Please correct me if I'm wrong). But it looks perfect either way.

edited December 1969

I re-looked at the Tomb raider 3 cover and the flash is a little smaller and subtler. The flash is also a little yellowish too. One more thing, her facial expression should be more cool and calm (like the real cover) rather than angry. See one of her eyebrows are up like she's posing for a photoshoot. (Remember, Lara is tough and beautiful, but also cool too). But its almost there. Its looking great!

I think this will be the finall one. :-)
    test_promo_compleet.jpg
    800 x 800 - 256K
    edited December 1969

Sasje said:

Yes, that is perfect. It looks better than any promo of Lara I ever seen. How did you get the clothes to be almost exactly like the actual ones? Did you get those from Daz or did you model them yourself?

edited December 1969

Very, very cool!

edited August 2012

Sasje said:

Yes, that is perfect. It looks better than any promo of Lara I ever seen. How did you get the clothes to be almost exactly like the actual ones? Did you get those from Daz or did you model them yourself?
    Thank you :-)The top is B2Basics-Lara Outfit here on DAZ but the other pieces aren’t for sale anymore
    That was an product on Renderocity site.
    I wish I could make some cloth in Hexagon. 8-/

Post edited by Sasje on
    edited December 1969

Very, very cool!

Thank you :-)
    I saw in the WIP you’re pictures and it has some light beams, how did you do that??
    edited August 2012

Sasje said:
    Very, very cool!

Thank you :-)
    I saw in the WIP you’re pictures and it has some light beams, how did you do that??

Which picture? The one with the dirigible? Carrara has a 3D light cone. It can be rendered as an alpha for later compositing if desired. Needed if you're using dynamic hair. You can also have it use your light's gels to color the cone. You can also have the objects within the cone cast visible shadows or even shine the cone through transparencies (very slow.) There's also noise you can add and animate to simulate dust or what-not. It's not perfect, but I find if used with restraint, it can add a very nice effect.

lightcone.jpg
    800 x 600 - 40K
    Picture_1.png
    844 x 717 - 96K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Thank you evilproducer, thanks for example.:-)

edited August 2012

Wreck of Maria Doria.
    enjoy :-)

Lara_Croft_wreck_bew.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 231K
    Post edited by Sasje on
    edited December 1969

"Egypt"

dessert_bew.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 323K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

<<strong>unLurk> Wonderful stuff <<strong>Lurk mode>

edited December 1969

Very nice cool! I Like the added detail of the shark in the window for the Maria Doria, and the eyes for the Egypt render.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Hi Sasje, fantastic work. You've really captured Lara's character well, only without the funny blocky shapes of the original. The first pixel princess I and many other gamers fell in love with. Great renders, may you be inspired to render many, many more.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,308
    edited December 1969

An excellent homage to a great game franchise heroine. Looking forward to seeing more.

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the nice compliment :)
    There will more to come.

edited December 1969

an older one

lara_zitting_pose_b.jpg
    850 x 1100 - 301K
    edited December 1969

an older one.

knielen_b.jpg
    810 x 1048 - 208K
    edited December 1969

Backstreets.

lara_backstreets_b.jpg
    801 x 1036 - 197K
    edited December 1969

An older one

Lara_motor_bew_kisses.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 228K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well done! These are beautiful!

edited December 1969

Thanks Spyro :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Lara is totally the best female protagonist in the gaming world! Many games tend to stick with male characters... Funny enough, when given the choice to pick the gender of your character, I always choose female over male! The creators had it right when they created Lara.

edited December 1969

yep I agree with you about that and I love to play the Tomb Raider games :-)