Mac 10.8.2 -- An unexpected error occurred while installing "DAZ Content Management Service."

edited October 2012 in The Commons

Hello

I keep getting the following error: An unexpected error occurred while installing "DAZ Content Management Service."
I am using Mac Montain Lion 10.8.2
I have try several directories and several options.
The last thing I try is install the content in a portable disc and it didn´t work
Also I install the Genesis Starter package and the content didn´t appear.
I have allow every user to write and read the hard disc and the directories.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited October 2012

You may be having an issue with Gatekeeper because the Studio installer was a download (?) see http://www.bu.edu/infosec/howtos/bypass-gatekeeper-safely/ *hates unexpected errors*

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • edited December 1969

Hello,

I install for 10th time Daz Studio and it seems it works but now the content doesn´t appear.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I install for 10th time Daz Studio and it seems it works but now the content doesn´t appear.

Make sure you install the updated content package, Genesis Essentials Bundle I think it's called.

• edited December 1969

I installed it but the Smart content tab is empty and The Autofit tool is not working.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited October 2012

If you go to the Content Library tab, is there anything at all under Categories? If not, then the CMS is not running or is being blocked from communicating with DS4.

ETA: I've added "Mac 10.8.2" to your title so that the Mac experts will notice it.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • edited December 1969

In the Content Library I had the basic files but when I try to use the hair colors I got an error.
    Also I have to manually fit the clothes.

edited December 1969

If you look in the Content Library at the "Categories" label, is there anything there?

edited December 1969

In the Content Library I had the basic files but when I try to use the hair colors I got an error.
    Also I have to manually fit the clothes.

You need to make sure the hair is selected before applying the colors.

Clothes will not automatically "Fit to" the figure if the CMS isn't running.

• edited December 1969

Same problem here...

Tried on Mac OS X Lion (10,7) and it works fine...

Please help...