DS4.5 Pro Surfaces - UV Set selection options

buck415buck415 Posts: 57

Hi.

I'm using DS4.5 Pro and have a question about the Surfaces tab, and the UV Map selection process.

When I create a scene using a Genesis character, I am able to apply textures from other models by selecting the Surfaces tab, and then selecting the appropriate UV model map from the UV Set drop down menu. (see #1 in the attached image).

If I save the entire scene ( see #2 in the attached image) , close DS and then re-open DS at a later time and then open the file that I saved, I no longer have the option to apply new texture on the model if it was not specifically created for that model (see #3 in the attached image).

When that happens, what do I need to do to restore the UV Set selection options to that file?

Thanks,
Buck

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

Weird

I just tried it the with Genesis and M4 mats, saved the scene, reopened and the UVmap selection box is still there with all the choices intact.
    I am using DS4.5.0.137 beta

The only time I have seen this happen recently is when Decimator was used on the mesh which is probably not the case here I will presume.

I think you should make a bug report https://bugs.daz3d.com/ and if you need help making a bug report Adam shows us how here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170706

Post edited by Szark on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Are you LOCKING the UV texture setting before you save as Scene File?

EDIT: Something is up, I can still change the UV Set after a save with lock.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Are you LOCKING the UV texture setting before you save as Scene File?

EDIT: Something is up, I can still change the UV Set after a save with lock.
    How is that done btw Jaderail.
    edited December 1969

Easy Szark, in the Surfaces when You Pick the UV set (lets say M4) you click the padlock icon on the bar. Then you can test all your M4 textures without needing to change to M4 from the default V4 setting with every load of a new M4 texture.

edited October 2012

I just noticed that in the OP's (buck415) screen grabs the SETTING location has changed. It Jumped from (26) to (50), that does not happen on my Win7 64bit DS4.5Pro none beta version.

EDIT: buck415 are you sure you have the BASE genesis selected when you try to change the UV?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2012

Doh! Locking yeah I know it, just never occurred me to try it. Besides it no longer jumps off the previously set UVmap setting now like it used to do.

26 to 50 sounds like something strange is happening there indeed

Edit see what you mean locking it does help with keeping the same uvmap set...nice catch.

Post edited by Szark on