Bryce/Daz Bridge

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I'm having a number of problems with the Bryce/Daz Bridge.

If I start working in Daz and I want to send something to Bryce and work on it further there I get the following error when I "Send To Bryce"

! The Bryce Bridge requires Bryce 7.1.073 or higher.

I'm using Bryce 7 Pro, whichever version was available for download in August 2012. and Daz Studio 4.5 pro. However, if I start working in Bryce and send something to Daz everything sends just fine (but it opens up a new Daz window instead of using the one I'm already working with). From that new Daz window I can send objects to Bryce.

However if I try to send a figure with a texture map, hair and wardrobe to Bryce it crashes and the reason given is

Bryce.exe has caused and EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION IN MODULE
Bryce.exe at 0023:005545E2

When I try to submit a bug report a get a 404 error.

Number of Processors: 2
Processor Type: Intel Pentium Class
Windows OS: Windows XP This is incorrect, my OS is Windows 7
Version 6.0001
Build Number 7601
Service Pack 1

Memory Utilization: 74%
Total Physical Memory: 4189108 kB
Available Physical Memory: 1065432 kB
Total Virtual Memory: 2097024 kB
Available Virtual Memory: 1192236 kB
EAX=00000000 EBX=80000000 ECX=00B2B2B2 EDX=00000000 ESI=00000000
EDI=01150024 EBP=00000000 ESP=011EF7E0 EIP=005DE041 FLG=00210206
CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B
0023:005545E2 Bryce.exe

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited September 2012

I'm having a number of problems with the Bryce/Daz Bridge.

If I start working in Daz and I want to send something to Bryce and work on it further there I get the following error when I "Send To Bryce"

! The Bryce Bridge requires Bryce 7.1.073 or higher.

I'm using Bryce 7 Pro, whichever version was available for download in August 2012. and Daz Studio 4.5 pro. However, if I start working in Bryce and send something to Daz everything sends just fine (but it opens up a new Daz window instead of using the one I'm already working with). From that new Daz window I can send objects to Bryce.

However if I try to send a figure with a texture map, hair and wardrobe to Bryce it crashes and the reason given is

Bryce.exe has caused and EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION IN MODULE
    Bryce.exe at 0023:005545E2

When I try to submit a bug report a get a 404 error.

Number of Processors: 2
    Processor Type: Intel Pentium Class
    Windows OS: Windows XP This is incorrect, my OS is Windows 7
    Version 6.0001
    Build Number 7601
    Service Pack 1

Memory Utilization: 74%
    Total Physical Memory: 4189108 kB
    Available Physical Memory: 1065432 kB
    Total Virtual Memory: 2097024 kB
    Available Virtual Memory: 1192236 kB
    0023:005545E2 Bryce.exe

well to start with - Bryce 7.1.073 - that is not the last version - you need 7.1.0.109
    did you download Bryce from Daz or some other place ?

Post edited by bigh on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Yepper, downloaded Bryce straight from the horse's mou... er... website. About a month ago.

edited December 1969

ok - I think what you want to do will not work
    you can't send a models back on forth between Bryce and DS
    example - pose model send to B. - no like - send back to DS - best way ( delete model in B. ) make new in DS - send to B.
    sending some model from B. to DS is just not worth it - if its a model save as obj and import into DS .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

bigh , that is not the way the Bridge is meant to work, you are confusing the issue.

Most people have found that the Bridge is working well with DS4.5

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    bigh , that is not the way the Bridge is meant to work, you are confusing the issue.

Most people have found that the Bridge is working well with DS4.5

I know that .
    It does work well - as I have said that many times .

but people think you can pose a model in DS and jump back and forth , back and forth between B. and DS
    thats when you get a crash .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    example - pose model send to B. - no like - send back to DS - best way ( delete model in B. ) make new in DS - send to B.
    sending some model from B. to DS is just not worth it - if its a model save as obj and import into DS .

The problem is I can't send any models from Daz to Bryce unless I open Bryce first, send a model to Daz and then work from the Daz window that Bryce opens. So I usually send a default terrain to Daz then delete it and work in that Daz window. That's not that big a problem, more of a minor annoyance.

The big problem is when I try to send a model that has hair and is wearing clothes it ends up crashing Bryce as described above. Default genesis figure naked and bald, no problem. Anything more complex and it's crashing.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

The problem is I can't send any models from Daz to Bryce unless I open Bryce first, send a model to Daz and then work from the Daz window that Bryce opens. So I usually send a default terrain to Daz then delete it and work in that Daz window. That's not that big a problem, more of a minor annoyance.

The big problem is when I try to send a model that has hair and is wearing clothes it ends up crashing Bryce as described above. Default genesis figure naked and bald, no problem. Anything more complex and it's crashing.

ok
    does it crash all the time or after you do it more then once ?

I do it all the time - you should be able to .

edited December 1969

Everytime I send my test figure with clothes and hair it crashes.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I sounds to me like Daz Studio is looking for a version of Bryce you don't have, to send the models to.
    Is there a preference within Daz that allows you to set which version of Bryce it prefers?

Sorry I can't help any further than that as I don't use Daz studio.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We really need David Brinnen to pull into this thread, he has got the bridge working, and he reckons he is a complete DS noob.

Or better still we need Rashad.

Wonder how we can page them

edited December 1969

Everytime I send my test figure with clothes and hair it crashes.

A lot of people report this same problem.
    Genesis is complex and people have got it in to in Bryce, but high res textures and transparency maps on hair as well as all the geometry that's hidden is all taking up Bryce's memory.
    Test it using low res clothing and skin textures and 'hiding' all the body parts which are underneath the clothing to make the exported model as small as possible.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    We really need David Brinnen to pull into this thread, he has got the bridge working, and he reckons he is a complete DS noob.

Or even Isambard Kingdom Brunel... he was really good with bridges. :cheese:

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited December 1969

Generally, install Bryce first, then Studio. If Studio is already installed, install Bryce and then Studio again. I have never had issues with Bryce 5.5 and Studio 2.3, Bryce 6 with Studio 3 and Bryce 7 with Studio 3 and 4.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

You could always resort to email. But since I detected the words "DS noob" - I guessed that you are talking about me.

OK, well, I'm beyond useless with DS and have a "talent" for making software crash. Here is what works for me.

Latest version of DS + latest version of Bryce - I guess that has been covered already.

Image 1 - Launch Bryce.

Image 2 - Make sure nothing is selected. You do not want to send anything from Bryce to DS that's a really bad idea I've discovered.

Image 3 - Hit the button on the create shelf.

Image 4 - Make sure the thing you want to send back is selected in DS

Image 5 - File > Send to Bryce

Test this on the default figure as shown, if that does not work, then something is amiss that lies beyond how you are using the software.

If that doesn't help, sorry, as already stated, I am the noobyiest DS noob in all of DS land. What do I know?

Here is a video of me doing just this kind of thing. Getting a Little Green Man from DAZ Studio to Bryce - a 10 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Image5.jpg
    246 x 333 - 41K
    Image4.jpg
    495 x 602 - 89K
    Image3.jpg
    310 x 120 - 19K
    Image2.jpg
    331 x 353 - 70K
    Image1.jpg
    274 x 196 - 29K
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited October 2012

bigh said:

Actually the Bridge was meant to be started from an open scene in Bryce. The work flow should be:

1) You open Bryce and a new blank scene or a scene previously done and saved that just needs the item you're going to send from Studio.
    2) Before doing anything else click the Daz logo to open Studio (It's not mandatory you not do anything to the scene first I just suggest that to keep the undo buffer and the memory usage to a minimum)
    3) Load whatever it is you want to send to Bryce either by creating a new scene in Studio or by loading a saved scene.
    4) Select the item to be sent (make sure anything that goes with it is parented to the main object) click send to Bryce.
    5) Save your scene and then continue working from there.

The best way in my opinion to go about it, is to not send anything over until it's fully posed and had whatever textures applied. I'm not sure how Bryce handles shaders so try to avoid using too much that is meant for Studio only. It's also good if you can have your Bryce side of the scene complete but if you do save it and close Bryce then reopen it and load the scene (to clear the undo buffer). This usually isn't possible because until all elements of the scene are in the scene it's hard to make all the proper adjustments (sun position, atmospherics, etc.).

Now another thing to keep in mind is what you're sending, as far as I know figures with the Elite series of textures applied will crash Bryce. Also very large scenes (due to Bryce only being able to access a limited amount of memory).

The error message you're getting is odd though and makes me wonder if you have the correct version of Studio 4.5? If you downloaded Bryce 7 Pro just a month ago then you have the latest version of Bryce. Studio 4.5 only relatively recently regained a functional Bryce/Studio Bridge. Given that the error message points to an older version of Bryce I'm thinking the version of Studio you're using is not the right one, unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head what the right version number is.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Thanks I'll try some of the tricks suggested. The version of Daz Studio I have is the same one I downloaded about a month ago when I got Bryce.

It says "Versions 4.5.0.144 Pro Edition (64-bit)" when I click about.

• edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem with the same versions of Bryce and DAZ. Running on Windows 8. Has this been resolved by anyone?

• jac1945jac1945 Posts: 0

Bonjour

J’ai exactement le même problème, juste les chiffre après module 023: qui sont différents.

J'ai bien la version 7.1.073

Merci