M4V4 expressions on Genesis?

LyoneLyone Posts: 138
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know if one can use the M4/V4 expressions on Genesis with DAZ Studio 4,5? They don't work on Genesis in DAZ Studio 4. I think it's a lost because a lot of artists have made amazing, great and realistic expressions for M4/V4. I really hope they can be used in Das Studio 4.5:roll:. (Sorry, I can't test it myself. I have some problem on downloading DAZ Studio 4.5. I wanted to download it to test if I could use M4/V4 expressions on Genesis.)

Best regards.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately not, unless you use GenX (which needs DS 4.0) to move the Gen 4 morphs across. The morphs and thier names on Genesis are not the same as thjose on the Gen4 figures, so the settings won't have the desired effect.

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your answer. I didn't know I could use Gen X for the expressions. I will try to load some expressions with GenX.

Best regards.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Lyone said:
    Thank you for your answer. I didn't know I could use Gen X for the expressions. I will try to load some expressions with GenX.

Best regards.

I used GenX to convert the V4 Morphs++, and the expressions converted just fine. They're really useful, since they're dials instead of just presets.

edited December 1969

"I used GenX to convert the V4 Morphs++, and the expressions converted just fine. They’re really useful, since they’re dials instead of just presets."

Great news! Thank you :lol:

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Hi riftwitch,

Please, could you tell me how you do? I tried a lot myself but I can't get any morph to work. I tried to find some tutorial on DAZ and Renderosity sites but I can't find anything about translating expressions from David/M3/M4/V3/V4 to Genesis. Could you explain me how you do?

Best regards.

• Higgo78Higgo78 Posts: 36
    edited November 2013

Hi,

I also would like to transfer V4 expressions to genesis. Can someone give me a few pointers. I have tried to transfer the V4 morphs and just ended up with an over bloated shaping tab. Need some direction on how to use Genx properly...

I apologise for digging up an old thread, but am new to Genesis....

thanks Higgo78.

Post edited by Higgo78 on