Dynamic Monter Robe and Dynamic Fantasy Robe- won't complete downloading

nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi ,

I am having purchased the Dynamic Monster Robe and Dynamic Fantasy Robe in the last 24 hours but every time I try download the items won't complete the downloads , it gets to about 6 megs or the last time I tried it got to 23 megs and then stops .....

what I would like to know is how big are files ? I suspect the problem with my downloading is my service provider as this is the first time I am having issues.

Unless I am missing something

Thanks for the help

Kind Regards

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Don't know about the freak robe, but the "Dynamic Fantasy Robe" is in two files, part 1 is 31.1 MB, part 2 is 32.7 MB - I managed to DL them OK yesterday morning (09:00 GMT) but I've had several failures on other files later in the day. Haven't tried anything today as the forums have several posts about problems downloading at the moment.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

I just downloaded about 320mb (16 files) with no problems just a few minutes ago from California. Win7 64bit, Internet Explorer 9.

If you're using Internet Explorer 8, try using Chrome or Fox Fire as there have been issues with Internet Explorer 8, although there was a comment recently that downloading issues with IE8 is supposed to have been fixed. But if you're using IE8, definately try Chrome or Fox Fire to see if that works for you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And don't forget this stage. If you have had a download fail part way through, close the browser and clear the cache before trying to download it again, as the failed download will stay in cache and the download will continue to fail at around the same point on subsequent attempts.

• nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi guys

Thanks for your feed back , I am still having problems with the downloads , they keep stopping after a few megs even after clearing browser cache , I tried switching to firefox yet the same thing happens. I am running out of ideas here.

Any other suggestions ?

thanks again for the help :)

edited December 1969

The Web Devs are testing a fix at the moment. SO your troubles should be over soon.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much , I really appreciate the help :)

edited December 1969

Just thought I would give some extra info although I am not sure if it will help. those 2 products are the only 2 I have had trouble downloading. every other purchase ..... free or not that I have downloaded works without hassle. :)

edited December 1969

Yes, different people have had problems with different files. Luckily I had a failure, that someone at DAZ HQ could duplicate, so that gave them something to work on. It always helps if a problem can be duplicated, does help track bugs down.

edited December 1969

Hi ,

just some feedback , I managed to download the monster fantasy robe however I am still having problems downloading the fantasy robe...