Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Here's part II, page 2 of my web comic for those who are interested.

And dare we ask what exactly is that green liquid supposed to be?

The green liquid is the leftover liquid from keeping the mining equipment cooled. Very radiation rich liquid.

Here's the Captain again with her new do as suggested earlier with Ysaris.

Alright :-)

edited December 1969

TV said:
    Speaking of hair, I'm looking for ling curly Klingon hair for M3 like the hair Eismaus has in his preview for the M3 Klingon uniform. Does anybody know this hair, or hair like it for M3?

This one has a fit for M3.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rose-curls

• edited December 1969

Okay. Who wants to play guinea pig for my Cardie maps?

I want to test this out before putting it out there. Still having trouble with the Mat Poses. They should work, but, they don't. Maybe it's just my system. Maybe not. But, I gotto know.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Sure, I'd be delighted to help test your Cardassian maps.

And for anyone who finds the Shadow Cam Lite naming system confusing, I have a couple of quick Python script tools that can help. http://www.sharecg.com/v/64876/browse/11/Poser/Shadow-Cam-Scripts These are my first two Python scripts, so don't expect anything useful in the way of technical support. I am but an egg.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I do I do pleaseeeeeeee :)

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

hey Rduda i think the shuttle bay will work just fine thank you. quick render just need a little minor adjusting to get it how i want

shuttle_bay.jpg
    700 x 700 - 272K
  • edited December 1969

Sorry, gents. Senator Blutarski was the early bird that got this worm.

If everything works out (and that is definitely an "if" at this point), then, the file will be available shortly. Probably in Rendo's free stuff section.

I'll keep you guys informed of the progress.

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201
    edited December 1969

TV said:
    Speaking of hair, I'm looking for ling curly Klingon hair for M3 like the hair Eismaus has in his preview for the M3 Klingon uniform. Does anybody know this hair, or hair like it for M3?

This one has a fit for M3.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rose-curls

Looks great--thanks!

• edited December 1969

While I wait for Bluto to go through the ZIP I sent him, I submit a little something to Rendo's free stuff section that might interest some people here. I'll post a link if it gets approved.

RomulanAlePix.jpg
    200 x 200 - 31K
    edited December 1969

think i got the correct size and fit now

shuttle_bay_2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 179K
  • edited December 1969

Well, the MAT Poses didn't work for Bluto.

Is there an expert out there on MAT Poses that wants to take a look at this to see if they can figure it out? If not, I'm just going to upload it to Rendo with a note in the README to tell people to load the textures from the Materials library.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

where do you get the shuttle bay?

• edited December 1969

While I wait for Bluto to go through the ZIP I sent him, I submit a little something to Rendo's free stuff section that might interest some people here. I'll post a link if it gets approved.

Well, it's been approved. Herer's the link:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69560

"Romulan Ale should be illegal" -Worf
    "It is." -Geordie LaForge

RomulanAlePix.jpg
    200 x 200 - 31K
    edited December 1969

Rduda was very nice to share a poser conversion he did from sci fi meshes model by Buckaroohawk in 3D Studio Max 8

edited December 1969

thanks blubeetle3 i like the prop

ale.jpg
    700 x 700 - 154K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Here's part II, page 2 of my web comic for those who are interested.

And dare we ask what exactly is that green liquid supposed to be?

The green liquid is the leftover liquid from keeping the mining equipment cooled. Very radiation rich liquid.

Here's the Captain again with her new do as suggested earlier with Ysaris.

Cute, what hair did you use? I am looking for some short haircuts.

I used this hair called Ysaris: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ysaris-hair

David

edited December 1969

Is there an expert out there on MAT Poses that wants to take a look at this to see if they can figure it out? If not, I'm just going to upload it to Rendo with a note in the README to tell people to load the textures from the Materials library.

Well, textures shouldn't be in the Materials library but in the textures folder under Runtime.

Runtime:libraries:pose:yourname:whatever
    Runtime:textures:yourname:whatever
    And same idea for the material folder for Poser wherever it goes.

And the pathways must indeed stop at Runtime ... unless of course you'd like to also send us your computer?? hehehe ... running ....

• edited December 1969

crownlion said:

Glad you like it, crownlion.

And patience55, I know textures go in texture files. I made texture files (.jpeg), material files (.mc6), and pose files (.pz2). There are no problems with the first two, but, the MAT Poses don't seem to want to work. However, everything loads fine if you apply the .mc6 files from the Materials library.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If the item is a .pp2, mat poses won't work unless there's a figure in the scene.

edited December 1969

crownlion said:

And patience55, I know textures go in texture files. I made texture files (.jpeg), material files (.mc6), and pose files (.pz2). There are no problems with the first two, but, the MAT Poses don't seem to want to work. However, everything loads fine if you apply the .mc6 files from the Materials library.

And that's why you said this then .... README to tell people to load the textures from the Materials library. ...

Maybe it's a Poser thing; but in D/S we load textures from the texture folder.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:

And that's why you said this then .... README to tell people to load the textures from the Materials library. ...

Maybe it's a Poser thing; but in D/S we load textures from the texture folder.

No, the raw .jpg's are in the textures folder, but the material presets are not.

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:

where did you find the cargo crate?

• edited December 1969

If the item is a .pp2, mat poses won't work unless there's a figure in the scene.

Also, the prop has to be parented to a figure, and the line that reads "mtlCollection" in the mc6 file must instead read "prop name_of_prop" in the MAT pose file.

edited December 1969

:-)

Somebody's new computer can handle 3dMax 2013 ... bank acct can't but that's another matter.

For those with said program, the .ai files can be imported into Hexagon, YES!

And if you're also running the trial, save yourself out a "geo-sphere" ... Hexagon cannot make that one.

:-)

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Any one who sent me a PM that didn't get a file let me know, I'm taking some collage classes on the side and it's throwing me off some.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Files for what?

David

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Any one who sent me a PM that didn't get a file let me know, I'm taking some collage classes on the side and it's throwing me off some.

Did you post something new? I haven't gotten a e-bot notice in almost a week.:smirk:

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

I look forward to being able to buy that bridge/ready room set you have going in your project thread - the one that looks like Enterprise D battle bridge.

This discussion has been closed.