Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited September 2012

Tale of Two Asobis

I love Asobi, she's my new favourite character. Initially I couldn't affort Hitomi, so I took a gamble [not much of one given Daz's great return policy] and bought her without Hitomi. This week I was able to get Hitomi in the catch up sale. I thought I would do a quick comparison between the with and without Hitomi versions. The pose is the same from below the neck for a fair comparison. The non-Hitomi version is a collection of dial spinning of various other morphs. I made no attempt to try and match the Hitomi morph version, I did all the dial spinning before I got Hitomi, except I did alter the breasts, boosting the implant morph from 0 to 100% to compete with Hitomi's ample bosom. I expect you could get a pretty good body match without Hitomi, but the face is the difference.

The render is unretouched using the Hitomi Bubblegum light quality setting.

[EDIT: and yes, one of the reasons the "with Hitomi" version is taller is that she apparently has the power to levitate an inch or two off the sand...hey, i DID say it was a "quick" comparison! :) ]

2Asobis.png
    696 x 770 - 709K
    Post edited by Wakakanada on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Just realized this sale will go on for a looooong time.

The sale page says "Catch Up ends Friday, Oct. 1 - Don't miss it!"
    The next Friday, October 1st is October 1, 2021.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

We added in some more New items! Check them out. And the Sale has been extended to MONDAY, October 1 2012... Looks like we have some legacy text that still says Friday floating around... so if anyone asks, please let them know that MONDAY the 1st is the last day.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kevin. Can you please poke the web folks. The store is a mess. It's showing unformatted so everything is running down the left side of the page, links and all. It's a MESS! Been like this for over 24 hours! Not very enticing for shopping!

edited September 2012

I see no mess, try to toss away the daz3d.com cookie.

And Platinum Club prices are visible if I'm logged in too.

nomess.jpg
    767 x 801 - 170K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Kevin do you know when the download issue a number of us are experiencing is going to be solved?

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

Ramwolff, refresh or reload and it might fix it. It was like that on Friday for me.

edited December 1969

Just one last Asobi "with and without Hitomi" comparison render...cause...I...couldn't-stop-myself... :)

2AsobisB.jpg
    1405 x 879 - 375K
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    We added in some more New items! Check them out. And the Sale has been extended to MONDAY, October 1 2012... Looks like we have some legacy text that still says Friday floating around... so if anyone asks, please let them know that MONDAY the 1st is the last day.

Is there any easy way to know which items were added in?

edited December 1969

Ramwolff, refresh or reload and it might fix it. It was like that on Friday for me.

Nope, deleted all the DAZ cookies as suggested, in fact I decided to go through all my cookies, DAYUM allot of those are just trash. This is the newest screen grab. Cleared cache again too. And folks wonder why there are those of us that bitch and complain about what a mess this place is still. Well this is ONE reason... they messed it up and are now away for the weekend. Real nice!

StillNotRight.jpg
    564 x 850 - 80K
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ebajoy said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Same question, I only see one new item.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Nope, deleted all the DAZ cookies as suggested, in fact I decided to go through all my cookies, DAYUM allot of those are just trash. This is the newest screen grab. Cleared cache again too. And folks wonder why there are those of us that bitch and complain about what a mess this place is still. Well this is ONE reason... they messed it up and are now away for the weekend. Real nice!

I refreshed on Safari but cannot access the store right now either.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited September 2012

cimaira said:
    Ebajoy said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Same question, I only see one new item.

These were the new ones:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/dark-raven-reloaded

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/tempest-victoria-4

There may actually be more than that (Im not really sure, as I lost track) But I think they also added Pretty3D and Ron's new brushes over the weekend as well.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/deep-blue

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/rons-light-and-shadows

April has also added a couple bundles to the sale

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/lyon-and-calais-hair-and-ruff-bundle

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/jordan-and-evan-hair-bundle

And I think that covers thru the weekend

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
    edited December 1969

Might be that some DNS lookups fails or points at a bad server,

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Wow Tempest is really tempting. Sad to say she will have to reside in my wishlist for now. I wonder if I can rent out my cats for mouse catching or something. LOL

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Might be that some DNS lookups fails or points at a bad server,

Probably so! :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

OK.. after checking out IE, it was showing fine. Actually downloaded and installed Chrome, loads right. Invoked Firefox and voila... looks right again. Weird!

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited December 1969

YAY!! My girl's out!!

pp02.jpg
    872 x 950 - 387K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Sector 15 Security Detail

As the title suggests, I used Stonemason's Sector 15, which I picked up during the PA sale.

edited December 1969

YAY!! My girl's out!!

PURTY!

Her face reminds me a bit of the actress from Twilight movies.. you know, the one with like 3 whole expressions in every movie she's in?? lol

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    YAY!! My girl's out!!

PURTY!

Her face reminds me a bit of the actress from Twilight movies.. you know, the one with like 3 whole expressions in every movie she's in?? lol

Well, in that one she KINDA does---but not many of the others. I think it's the hair. :)

Now in this one, people have said she looks like Deborah Harry, again, I think it's the 80's spiked hair. :)

rel01.jpg
    625 x 600 - 204K
    edited December 1969

Yea, very Debbie Harry! NICE!

edited December 1969

She's a chameleon!! ;)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    YAY!! My girl's out!!

PURTY!

Well, in that one she KINDA does---but not many of the others. I think it's the hair. :)

Now in this one, people have said she looks like Deborah Harry, again, I think it's the 80's spiked hair. :)

She's beautiful...I went to buy her but she is only v4. : (

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

She is really pretty, I've shelved v4 as well so I am going to have to pass, but for those folks still using v4 they should be very happy indeed.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Oh she does look like Deborah Harry. I'm glad you repeated this render Gypsy as I wanted to ask . . . what hair product is that? I like it but don't recognize it.

Your new lady is lovely, but sadly my budget is shot for now. :down:

edited December 1969

Got her downloaded and seeing what I can do to Genesize her! lol I've got all the MATS restructured and now I'll open up DS and see if I can get all the nail and lash options made for DS using your Poser ones and save those out as DS settings. The morph I'm not to sure about. I'll load up V4 and see what she looks like and go from there. I have Gen X but don't use it, so maybe that will work.

edited December 1969

Nice morph. Can't fine Gen X though, really stupid why it's so hidden. It shows that it's loaded in the plugins folder but can't find it! WTF!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Got her downloaded and seeing what I can do to Genesize her! lol I've got all the MATS restructured and now I'll open up DS and see if I can get all the nail and lash options made for DS using your Poser ones and save those out as DS settings. The morph I'm not to sure about. I'll load up V4 and see what she looks like and go from there. I have Gen X but don't use it, so maybe that will work.

Doesn't she already have DS mats?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Nice morph. Can't fine Gen X though, really stupid why it's so hidden. It shows that it's loaded in the plugins folder but can't find it! WTF!

On my 4.5.0.114 it shows up at the bottom of the Window > Tabs list rather than in correct alphabetical position.